31 - Catra and Adora

Hey guys! I'm not dead!

I know a lot of you probably haven't seen She-Ra but I'm still gonna include some characters from the show. Don't worry, the story will still make sense whether or not you've seen it. There won't really be any spoilers—half the stuff I'm going to mention won't actually be true to the plot of the show.

——————Marinette's POV—————

"Ow!" someone cried. "Get off me, Zane!"

I turned around to see Jay, Zane and Adrien sprawled out on the ground.

"Are you okay?!" I asked, running to help them up. And by them, I meant Adrien. I didn't really care about the others.

"How did you get here?" Kai asked.

"Traveller's tea," Jay explained.

"Why would you come?" Y/n asked. "We don't have a way back!"

"Apparently we need a dragon to get home," Jay said. "And we work better as a team, so we came to join you guys. Plus I can't be away from Nya for too long."

"Aww, that's sweet," Nya said as Jay nudged her playfully.

"Hey, who are they?" Adrien asked, pointing to the two girls we just met. "And why are they being separated by a wall?"

"This is Catra and Adora," Cole said. "We split them up cuz they were trying to kill each other just a few minutes ago. Speaking of which, Zane, can you—"

"On it," Zane said before Cole could finish, and froze Catra and Adria's feet in place.

"Hey!" Catra protested. "Let me go!"

"Relax, Catra; they're not going to hurt us," Adora sighed, but then she turned to us with wide eyes. "Or at least, I hope not."

Zane looked at the girls with a puzzled expression for a second.

"I thought you said you're enemies," he wondered.

"We are!" Catra snarled.

"That's peculiar—your elevated heart rates and dilated pupils suggest you mean something more to each other."

"What? No!" Catra said. "That's ridiculous."

Adora blushed and rubbed the back of her neck. "Well... we weren't always against each other; we used to be friends... before I ran away."

"Okay, moving on," I started, then turned back to Jay. "You said we need to find a dragon?"

"Yep," he replied, then looked at our new acquaintances. "You guys wouldn't happen to know where to find one, would you?"

"There aren't any dragons on Etheria," Catra scoffed. "Have you lost your mind?"

"Uh, yes there are," Nino said. "We just had to deal with one."

Catra and Adora both looked confused.

"Maybe dragons only live in the Crimson Waste," Lloyd suggested. "How long have you been living here?"

"We don't live here," Catra said, rolling her eyes. "I'm from the Horde, and Adora... chose a different side."

"How did you end up in the middle of the desert, then?" I asked.

"I came searching for something, but I have no idea what Catra's doing here," Adora explained. "I didn't plan to run into her."

"Adora!" someone cried. A girl with pink hair came running towards us. "We've been looking all over for you!"

"Sorry, Glimmer," Adora said, then gestured to the ice around her feet. "I got kind of... held up."

"Bow!" Glimmer called. "I found her!"

A young archer joined his two friends. "Thank goodness! We were starting to get worried."

"What's this wall here for?" Glimmer asked, and peered around the other side.

"Hey, Sparkles," Catra said menacingly, crossing her arms.

Glimmer shrieked and jumped backwards. "What is she doing here?"

Catra coughed, then gestured to all of us. "You're not even gonna ask about them?"

Glimmer and Bow finally noticed us, and stared at us with a confused expression.

"Uh... hi?" Bow said, waving nervously.

"Oh, hello!" a voice from behind me suddenly said.

I turned around to see a girl with long purple hair circling Zane.

"You are very technologically advanced—what powers you? Is it First One's tech? Can I see it?? Can I touch it???"