37 - Super Pal Trio

y/n's POV

Kai directed the creature towards the line of trees in the distance. The arthropod started to get slower and slower, until eventually, it came to a complete stop. Kai pulled out his sword and we all hopped off the beast as it toppled over to its side.

"Is it... dead?" Adrien asked.

"It would seem that way," I said, checking for signs of life. "I feel bad for killing it."

"Hey, guys, look," Kai said, pointing forward. "We made it to the woods."

I glanced in awe at the trees bordering the forest. The plants growing in there were unrecognizable to me, but beautiful all the same.

"Should we go in there?" Lloyd asked.

"Is it safe?" Zephyr countered.

"If my analysis is correct, then this is the edge of the whispering woods," Entrapta said. "It's property of the rebellion, so we should be fine."

"The... rebellion?" Adrien asked. "Are they good or bad?"

"Don't worry; the rebillion is led by the Princess Alliance. Of course they're the good guys!"

"The 'Princess Alliance?'" I repteated. "What happened to the kings and queens? Aren't they the ones running the kingdom?"

"In some places, yes. Like Bright Moon. But many princesses don't even have a kingdom anymore... like me and Scorpia," Entrapta explained. "But in Etheria, being a princess is more than just ruling the land--the ones with runestones are connected to it. They draw power from the planet."

"So... 'princess' is just another word for 'elemental,' then," I said. "Interesting."

"Wait, you're a princess?" Kai clarified. "What's your element?"

"I don't have one," she said, but currently, she was using her hair to work as a second set of hands... that's not normal, is it?

"Uh... you sure about that?" I asked. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're a master of the mind."

"Yeah," Adrien agreed. "You seem to have more access to your brain than most people do--not only are you a literal genius, you can move your hair around with your thoughts."

"Huh," Entrapta said. "I never thought of that."

Zephyr cleared her throat. "Excuse me, but can we maybe get a move on? My dragon is missing, and I don't feel safe without her around."

The six of us ventured into the woods, cautiously advancing thorugh the forest. Entrapta, however, marched confidently, taking notes on her voice recordeder.

"Hey, y/n?" she asked suddenly. "How did you and your friends get here in the first place?"

"Um, why does it matter?"

"I wanna put it in my log."

I sighed, but I didn't see much harm in telling the truth. "Well, it's kind of hard to explain, but basically, Adrien got akumatized, and he sent some of us to Etheria. The rest of us came here by using my and Nino's miraculouses."

"What's an akuma? And what's a miraculous?"

"An akuma is a butterfly that turns you evil," Adiren said. "And a miraculous is an object that turns you into a superhero."

He held out his hand to show Entrapta his ring, which I didn't realize Sensei had returned to him until now. She started moving his hand this way and that to get a better view of the mirculous.

"How does it work??"

Adrien smiled, then said "Plagg, claws out."

"Ooooooh! Fascinating!" Entrapta said, her eyes going wide. "Do it again!"

"We don't have time for that," Zephyr scolded. "We have to find a place to camp before nightfall."

"Entrapta?" a voice asked.

"Catra? Scorpia? What are you guys doing here?"

"We finally got away from those annoying princesses. What are you doing here?"

"She's leading her friends through the Whispering Woods," I offered.

Entrapta turned to me, her expression hopeful. "Friends?"

I smiled, and she grinned back.

"Ooh, kitty!" Scorpia exclaimed, looking at Adrien, who was now Chat Noir. "You look like a mix between Catra and Adora!"

"What?! He does not!" Catra shrieked.

"Uh, yeah he does," Scorpia insisted. "He's a blonde cat person! He could be you and Adora's son!"

"First of all, that's not possible," Catra said, facepalming. "And second, why would me and Adora have a kid?"

While the two of them bickered, I noticed Zephyr's mouth was hanging open. She likely wasn't used to seeing people with animal features--Catra had some feline attributes, while Scorpia had the pincers and tail of a scorpion. I reached over and used my index finger to shut Zephyr's jaw.

"The super-pal-trio is back together again!" Scorpia said, putting her arms around Catra and Entrapta. "Isn't that great?"

"Yeah, so great," Catra mutter with a hint of sarcasm. "Can you let me go now? You're squishing my face."

"Yeah, sorry—hey Entrapta, what were you guys doing, anyway?"

"Well, y/n was about to show me her miraculous," Entrapta said.

"What? No, I wasn't," I said.

Entrapta stuck out her bottom lip as if pouting.

"Argh, fine," I sighed, then took my shell clip out of my pocket.

Entrapta came over to study it. "That doesn't look right."

"I know; it's broken," I said. "We were supposed to use it to bring us home, but now..."

"I can fix it!" Entrapta said. "Or at least, I can try."

I stared at her. "You can? But... you've never even heard of a miraculous before today."

"That's the great thing about Entrapta! She can make things work no matter what her experience is with them," Scorpia said confidently, but then she brought her claw up to her chin, as if in thought. "Although, sometimes things go very wrong."

"I think it's worth a shot," Kai said. "Entrapta seems to be our best bet at getting home."

"Agreed," Lloyd said. "Any objections?"

Zephyr, Adrien and I all shook our heads.

"Great!" Entrapta cried, probably excited to get to work on a new piece of technology. "We need to get to my lab."

—————

Whoa, there's a thousand words in this chapter! That's a lot, at least for me. Do you guys like longer chapters better? If so, I'll try to make this length my new standard.

Love you guys!