18 - can't live without her

Lloyd's POV

Y/n tapped the shell on her head three times to bring us to Paris. All eleven of us appeared in an underground hall.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw y/n start to fall, so I caught her in my arms before she could hit the floor.

"She unconscious," I stated. "Transporting too many people at once must have had some side effects."

Her costume suddenly disappeared, and she went back to looking like her regular self. A tiny flying dolphin appeared next to her hair clip.

"What the heck are you?" Jay asked. "You're not a djinn, are you?"

"Why does everyone think that we're genies?" The creature muttered in annoyance. "No, stupid ninja, I'm a kwami. My name is Ripple, and I allow y/n to transform into Dauphin Bleue."

"Y/n?!" The superheroes all shrieked upon seeing her face.

"No way!" Foxgirl exclaimed. "It was her all along?"

"Give her some space!" Cole ordered. "Lloyd, take y/n somewhere safe, then meet us back here once she's strong enough."

I didn't argue. Still cradling y/n in my arms, I ran around the corner as Mothball and Cat Boy initiated the fight. With Ripple right behind me, I brought y/n into the first room with an open door.

"Please be okay, please be okay," I muttered as I set her down on the couch.

I knelt next to sofa, and checked her vitals. She was still breathing, thank goodness. I didn't really know what to do next, so I just sat there holding her hand.

Ripple floated down to rest on y/n's head. The kwami was starting to look a little pale.

"Are you okay, Ripple?" I asked. "You don't look so good."

"I'm okay, just hungry," she muttered. "Kwamis are directly connected to their miraculous; when their powers are used, it spends our energy."

I felt around in my pocket, and pulled out a package of crackers. I opened the wrapper, and held the crumbling food out to Ripple.

"It's not much, but it's all I have," I said.

"Thank you," she whispered meekly, and started nibbling on the crackers. I hoped it was enough to help her regain her strength.

"Will y/n be okay?" I asked, gently placing my hand on her forehead.

"She will," Ripple answered. "She has to be; I don't know what I'd do without her."

"Yeah," I sighed. "Me neither."

———————Reena's POV————-

After Lloyd took Blue—y/n—away, we got set up to fight Hawkmoth. We headed towards him and the akumatized Chat, but then Mayura appeared beside Hawkmoth, holding a feather between her finger and thumb.

The ninja didn't waste a second and charged at the three villains. Ladybug and Bee went with them, but Carapace and I stayed frozen in place. I couldn't see this ending well.

"Inaperçu, now!" Hawkmoth ordered.

Chat obeyed, and extended his hand towards us. He started firing blasts at us, but we all managed to dodge the dark spheres. Mayura's feather floated into Hawkmoth's staff, and a giant butterfly appeared behind him. The wind from his wings was strong enough to send everyone flying backwards.

"Well, this is embarrassing," Jay said as we all continued to be pushed back. "We've been bested by a bug, a peacock, and a cat."

"You're one to talk, pajama man," Hawkmoth snarled.

"These are not pajamas!"

"Shut it, Jay!" Kai said. "Don't engage with him."

"So, you got a plan, Spots?" Nya asked, blocking her face with her arm.

"Not currently!" Ladybug snapped. "And don't call me that!"

"Use your power!" I called.

"Right," she replied. "Lucky Charm!"

We all watched as a red-and-black woven hat appeared above her. Because of the wind, however, the circular hat started to blow away.

"Hey that looks like..." Jay started.

"Sensei's hat," Kai finished. "But... why?"

"Whoever he is, maybe he can help us," Bee suggested.

"The only way we can get to him is if y/n uses her miraculous to go back to Ninjago," Zane said. "But she's currently unavailable."

"Maybe someone else can use her miraculous?" I wondered.

"No need," Ladybug said. "Master Fu told me that the oldest miraculouses—the ones of water creatures—contain the same power to move between realms. Carapace, it's up to you!"

"Uh, okay, dudette—but how does it work?"

"Tap your bracelet three times. Go find their Sensei, and bring him back here."

"On it."

—————

A/n

I lost my notebook with my plan for this story, so I'm kind of just making this up as I go.

I keep confusing myself with every time the characters switch worlds, but I don't know if that's just me...

Anyway... Stay safe!

—Cal