56 - On the Run

So far, this is definitely the longest fanfiction I've ever worked on, but what's funny is that I didn't expect it to last longer than 10 chapters. Wait... one of my other fanfics consisted of four books, so technically I think that one's longer...

Also, this chapter is 1400 words! That's more than usual. Hurray!

Anyways,

love you guys!!

——————-

Y/n's POV

I didn't know where I was running, but I just had to get away. I started breathing hard as the importance of my decision weighed in; whatever I chose would affect the rest of my life. Did I want to be a ninja? Or did I want to stay and protect Paris? Who was I, anyway?

I suddenly remembered that I had a third option: go back to Etheria. Even though I hadn't thought of that as a possibility before, I was starting to consider it. If I accepted my role as a princess and helped restore Salineas with Mermista, I wouldn't have to choose between my two families.

My vision started to become blurry as tears formed in my eyes. I didn't want to be crying, nor did I think it made sense, but sometimes emotions can overtake you and you do things you don't expect.

"Y/n, slow down!" Ripple said, appearing behind me.

"Yeezus!" I shrieked, stumbling to a stop. "How long have you been following me?"

"Uh... ever since you got your miraculous, duh."

I sighed and dried my eyes. "With everything that's been happening, sometimes I forget that you're always right by my side."

Ripple put one of her little fins on my arm to comfort me. "You know you'll always have me, no matter where you go."

"Thanks," I whispered. "And I'll always be here for you, too."

"Y/n!"

"Y/n?"

"Where are you?"

I gasped as a series of voices suddenly started echoing through the streets. My friends were coming after me, but I didn't have an answer for them yet. I took off running again, but I kept my footsteps quiet.

"Why are you avoiding them?" Ripple asked. She was having to fly really fast in order to keep up with me. "Talking it out will help you reach a decision."

"I'm not in the mood to be rational right now so keep your wise words to yourself and let me be emotionally irresponsible!"

She laughed, and didn't question my lack of judgment anymore. We made it to the Eiffel Tower, and I stared up at the structure. I suddenly had an urge to get up to the top, but I knew the others would see me climbing it, so I used my power to cover the city in a dense fog. I didn't normally use my element for such a big purpose, but I wasn't thinking straight at the moment so I didn't consider the consequences.

"Ripple, fins up," I said, once I was hidden by the mist. I transformed into Dauphine Bleue, and started my ascent. I could have probably climbed the tower as my normal self, being that I was a ninja and all, but I knew it would be faster if I had a boost of strength from Ripple. Unlike most of the miraculous holders, when I fused with my kwami, it wasn't my personality that changed, it was just my physical abilities.