19 - Old Brothers

Guys!! We're up to a thousand views on this book! Thank you all so much, you guys mean so much to me <3

———-Carapace's POV————

I tapped the bracelet three times, and the next thing I knew, I was in a different setting.

"Whoa," I muttered, looking around at the ship I was on. "They never told me they were pirates!"

"Pirates? I sure hope not," a voice said. I turned around to see an old man with a walking stick and a hat that looked just like Ladybug's lucky charm.

"Have you see the ninja?" he asked. "I left to go restock on tea, but when I came back, they're nowhere to be found."

"Don't worry, dude, they're okay," I said. "They're in another world, but we kind of need your help."

"You need my help?"

"Well, yeah, unless you're not Sensei Wu. You are, aren't you?"

"Yes, that's me. What realm are the ninja in?"

"Uh... I don't know the name of it. I didn't know there were more than one until recently."

The man's gaze shifted to my miraculous. "Where did you get that?"

"It was lent to me," I said. "Why?"

"I used to know the owner of that bracelet..."

"Used to?"

"Yes," the man sighed. "As far as I know, my brother is dead."

"Wait, Master Fu is your brother?"

"You've heard of him?"

"No, well, yeah, but--I mean--he's not dead. He's back in Paris."

"Paris?"

"The city I'm from. The ninja are there now, fighting three other miraculous holders. I was sent here to get you."

"Why would you need me? I don't know anything about miraculouses; that was—is—Fu's expertise."

"I dunno, dude. Ladybug's lucky charm made it clear we need you."

"Lady who's lucky what?"

"Oh never mind," I muttered. "So, what do you say? You ready to help save Paris?"

------------------y/n's POV——————

As I returned from being unconscious, I felt a lot of pain all over my body. I sat up with a groan, and brought a hand to the side of my aching head.

"Y/n!" Lloyd said. He was by the door, probably keeping watch. "You're awake!"

"What... what happened?" I mumbled tiredly.

"You brought us to Paris, remember?"

I furrowed my brow, trying to unlock that memory. "Right," I finally said. "We have a bunch of villains to take down."

I swung my legs off the couch, and attempted to stand up, but I immediately lost my balance. Lloyd caught me before I could fall, and lowered me back down onto the sofa.

"You're not ready yet," he said. "You have to wait until you're strong enough."

"I'm fine, Lloyd," I told him. "I'm just a little dizzy—now let me go."

"Nuh, uh. You're staying here."

"Let me go! I want to fight!"

"If you go out like this, you'll get hurt."

"So? I'm a ninja, and I'm a superhero; it's my job to protect people, no matter what."

"I'm a ninja too, and now I'm protecting you. You're staying here until you're at full strength."

"Well, that's where you're wrong," I said. "Ripple, fins up."