47 - Army in the Distance

I'm not particularly proud of the video above, but whatever. I tried. Don't bother watching it if you don't have time or if you just don't want to.

Love you guys! <3

————-Zane's POV————

The rest of the gang and I went downstairs to the basement to clean up the mess we made fighting Hawkmoth. I grabbed a broom, and started sweeping the pieces of the broken ceiling into a bin.

"Hey, what's this?" Cole—who was no longer akumatized—suddenly asked. He was holding up a hat that looked like Sensei's, except this one was red with black dots.

"It's a lucky charm," Alya said. "Hey... if the charm is still here, then—"

"—I can still repair everything," Marinette finished.

She transformed into Ladybug, then picked up the hat.

"Miraculous Ladybug!" she yelled, throwing the lucky charm into the air.

I watched in amazement as little ladybugs flew around everywhere, restoring the mansion to what it looked like before the battle. Now that the room wasn't partially destroyed, I could actually appreciate the architecture.

"Yes!" Jay cheered. "No more cleaning up!"

"At least we have something to celebrate," Nya said. "I'm still really worried about Kai and the others."

"We all are," Chloe said, placing a hand on Nya's shoulder. "But our friends will be strong, and they'll be brave. They'll find every bit of strength that they have and never let it go."

"Yeah," Nino agreed. "I'm sure they'll find a way home."

————-Adrien's POV—————

I held on tight to y/n's waist as she flew her dragon. We kept gaining speed, getting faster and faster until our surroundings were blurred. The next thing I knew, the sky's colour had changed.

"I can't believe it," y/n gasped. "We made it!"

"Yeah," I breathed. I was still a little nervous about being so high off the ground without being transformed, especially since Lloyd seemed like he was out to get me. What was his problem, anyway?

"Uh... are you guys seeing this?" Lloyd asked, hovering over an army of strange-looking machines and other warcraft.

"Look; the tanks have the Horde symbol on them," I said. "But where are they heading?"

"There," y/n answered, pointing at a castle in the distance. "Come on; we should warn the residents that they're about to be under attack."

We flew as fast as we could to the palace, and landed inside the gates. The dragons disappeared, which surprised the guards standing in front of the doors.

"Who are you and what is your business here?" one guard asked.

"Who's in charge here?" Lloyd demanded.

The guard on the left raised an eyebrow, as if we should have known who was the leader. "Queen Angella of Bright Moon is busy preparing for battle; she shall not be disturbed."

"You already know Horde's army is heading your way?" Y/n asked.

"Yes. Now unless you can provide significant information to aid us—"

"Have you seen our friends?" I interrupted. "A girl and a guy about our age?"

The two guards exchanged glances, then the one in the right answered.

"Princess Frosta admitted five prisoners into the palace a couple hours ago."

"Five?" Y/n wondered. She thought about that for a second, then turned to me and Lloyd. "Entrapta, Scorpia and Catra must be with them."

"Can we see them?" I asked the guards.

"What proof do you have that you are not with the Horde?" the one on the left asked.

"It's obvious, isn't it? They're princesses; I'm sure of it," the one of the right whispered to his partner, but we could hear it. "Didn't you see? They have powers."

"Do I look like a princess to you?!" Lloyd questioned. "Just let us inside."

"Will you fight for Bright Moon?"

"I have no idea what that is, but sure."

The guards seemed satisfied with this, and let us through the doors. Immediately, I heard shouting coming from further down the hall.

"Hey, that sounds like..." Lloyd started.

"Kai," y/n finished.

The three of us ran towards the sound. We headed into a room that had its door open, to see all our friends discussing something with the people we met in the Crimson Waste.

"Let us fight!" Kai demanded. "I'm no princess, that's for sure, but I have powers of my own."

"And how do we know you're not going to double cross us?" Adora demanded.

"You didn't seem to have a problem trusting Catra, and according to her, she's done quite a few terrible things."

"Yeah, well, that's different!"

"What's going on?" Lloyd asked, stepping further into the room.

"You guys are okay!" Entrapta exclaimed. "The experiment was a success!"

"What are you arguing about? The Horde is almost here," y/n said. "It's not doing us any good to be sitting in here fighting with each other. We should be preparing to go to war."

"Uh, who is this?" a tall woman with wings asked.

"Queen Angella, these are my friends," Kai explained. "All three of them are trained in combat, and two of them have elemental powers."

"Your Majesty, I know we just met, but Kai, y/n and I have ended multiple wars," Lloyd started. "Based on what I've seen so far, the people of Etheria are stronger than any of the armies we've faced in Ninjago, and we're running out of time. We need to come up with a plan, and fast."