54 - Victory

gm/n = grandmother's name
m/n = mother's name

———————-

Y/n's POV

The connection between me and the water currently hovering over everyone was very unstable. I could definitely feel a link, but it was as if it could break any moment. The heavy water particles resisted my hold, similar to how I struggled to control a simple cloud of fog when I first started out.

I used every bit of strength I could find within me and refused to let go of the connection. I could see my friends looking at me, worried that the wave slowly encasing us was going to fall, but I wasn't about to let that happen.

I disconnected the base of the wave from the ground, and the massive sheet of water went airborne. My hands were well above my head, and as I pushed them forward, the water followed. It felt heavier now, and harder to control, so despite my determination, I started to doubt myself.

"How—and why—did you steal my power?!" a girl suddenly asked me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the blue-haired princess staring at me with her hand on her hip.

"Now isn't really the best time for a conversation," I grumbled. Frick, I was losing my focus.

"Um, Mermista?" the tall, flower-covered princess asked and a very concerned tone. I was having trouble remembering her name at the moment. "Maybe you should be helping her, instead of just yelling at her."

"Ugh, fine," Mermista groaned.

She raised her arms, and I suddenly felt the weight of the water lighten as she took half of the control. Together, we sent the flying wave towards the Horde's army, and wiped out the entire fleet. Only a few machines were left standing, which other members of the rebellion took care of soon after.

"We did it!" Adora cheered, as we watched the Horde soldiers controlling the remaining tanks abandon the machines and retreat. "We won!"

"You're such an idiot," Catra laughed, shaking her head. "Of course we did."

"I think a party is in order!" Glimmer sing-songed. "What do you guys think?"

"Whatever," Mermista yawned. Then, she turned to me. "But not until I get some answers from you, girl-who's-name-I-can't-remember."

"Right, um..." I started, but Entrapta popped up next to me to finish my sentence.

"She's the other princess of your kingdom!"

"When did you get here?!" I wondered.

She held up a device. "I saw the war ending, and I came out here to collect some data."

"Oookay," I said, then shook my head to get back on track. "So, well, long story short, Entrapta thinks that I have a connection to the pearl rune stone... which means that you and I are somehow related?"

"What, so we're like cousins, or something?" Mermista questioned, crossing her arms.

"Maybe," I said, then I took back my miraculous from Entrapta and showed Mermista the part coated in pearl. "This was my grandmother gm/n's clip. She gave birth to m/n, who then had a daughter named y/n."

Mermista's hands fell to her sides. "How do you know about y/n?"

I looked up at her.

"I am y/n."

Her jaw dropped. "No. Way."

I shifted my gaze around nervously. I avoided eye contact, but the next thing I knew, she was hugging me.