𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 / 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

"Niklaus, please think about this carefully." Elijah said.

"Elijah, I don't have anything to lose anymore! I already lost everything!" Klaus yelled, his face wet with tears. "My wife...she's gone. My son..he's gone. They were my life! And they're gone!!"

"But Klaus, you can't turn it off. You have to return to the city and run New Orleans again." Marcel said.

"I don't care anymore!! I don't want anything anymore!! I don't...I don't want to feel anything anymore." Klaus trailed off.

The family knew there was no convincing Klaus. The only person who would be able to convince him was Amara but she was gone forever. Klaus closed his eyes and searched for the switch in his head. Once he found it, he hesitated. Was he really going to do this? No, he had to do this. He couldn't handle feeling the pain of losing his wife and his child. He took a deep breath and as soon as he was about to flip the switch, he heard something.

"Oh my god, Amara." Kol said, making everyone look at her body, including Klaus. Everyone was shocked to see the colour returning on her body. There was no way this was really happening, right? Once the colour had fully returned on her body, Amara opened her eyes and gasped as she sat up, breathing heavily. She looked at Klaus who was next to her and immediately burst into tears. Klaus felt his heart beating out of his chest when he saw his wife alive and breathing. Her wound where the stake had been had completely healed. Out of happiness, Klaus pulled his wife into a hug, squeezing her tight as he sobbed into her shoulder. He thought he had lost the love of his life forever. He thought he lost his son forever. The couple pulled away and Klaus left multiple kisses all over Amara's face.

"You're alive." Klaus whispered. "You're alive."

The rest of the family cheered before giving Amara a hug. Everyone was so scared and so upset that she had passed and they were so glad she was okay now.

"How are you alive? You were literally dead." Damon asked.

"I...I woke up..on the Other Side. I...I...I met Esther." She said.

"Mother?!" All four siblings exclaimed, making Amara nod.

"She apologised for everything and said she wanted to see Niklaus happy and he could only be happy with me and our son. So, she sent me back." Amara explained.

"My...my mother sent you back? But...after everything-" Klaus said before being interrupted.

"I know. I'll explain later. But for now, can someone get me some blood? I'm bloody starving." Amara asked, making everyone chuckle. There was the Amara everyone knew and loved. The family left to give the couple some space.

"I..I thought I lost you." Klaus said, caressing her face.

"I'll never leave you, Love. Even death can't keep us apart." Amara smiled.

"Our son? How is he?" Klaus asked, worried maybe their child didn't make it.

"Alive and kicking." She smiled. They both placed a hand on her swollen stomach before they felt a kick, making the couple smile.

"I love you so much, my love. Don't ever leave me again." Klaus said, staring into her eyes.

"I promise." Amara said before he pulled her into a sweet kiss.

********

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

It had been a full twenty four hours since Amara had died and then come back to life and Klaus had been by her side for a full twenty three hours and forty five minutes. He never left her side, wanting to protect her from anything that may hurt her. The only time he left her side was when she needed to use the bathroom or vice versa. He had nearly lost Amara and his son forever and he was determined to make sure that never happened again.

"Niklaus, leave the poor girl alone now." Rebekah said, making Amara chuckle.

"I'm never leaving my wife's side." He replied.

"You can't seriously think you can stay right by her side for all of eternity." Rebekah said.

"Watch me." Klaus smirked, making Rebekah roll her eyes.

"Niklaus, as much as I love and adore you and your company, I could do with some girl time." Amara said.

"But, Love-"

"I'll be fine. We'll only be upstairs. I won't die."

Klaus looked at his wife before looking at Rebekah. "Fine, just be careful." Klaus sighed.

Amara kissed his cheek before leaving with Rebekah. Klaus decided to approach the Salvatore brothers. Stefan and Damon seemed to be looking at Damon's phone.

"Seriously Damon, it's Tinder. It's not that difficult to use." Stefan said, making Damon groan.

"I see you moved on from the doppelganger." Klaus said, grabbing both of their attention.

"She was...toxic. I guess I fell for her because she looked so much like Katherine." Damon said.

"Speaking of Elena, what was she planning to do with me? We all know I can't be daggered." Klaus asked.

"Bonnie figured out a way to kill your body but keep your soul in a pendant so your sires like me, Stefan and Caroline wouldn't die." Damon said.

"You're lucky you dropped out of the plan when you did otherwise you would also be dead right now." Klaus smirked.

"Well, you want to live peacefully and so do I. Besides, I can see your wife loves you very much so there clearly is some good in you and I'm pretty sure your baby will make you slightly less homicidal." Damon said, making Klaus chuckle.

"Maybe he will." Klaus said. "Now, while you're still figuring out how Tinder works, Stefan can join me for a drink."

"Why not?" Stefan said. The pair went over to the bar and poured a glass for themselves. "I never thought I'd see you the way you were yesterday." Stefan said. "Two years ago, all we ever saw from you was rage and violence. I never would've believed you were acting that way because you were alone."

Klaus sighed before taking a sip of his drink. "Feeling lonely really takes its toll on a person, especially when you've felt that way for a thousand years." He said. "But I guess everything really does work out in the end. I have finally gotten rid of everyone that wished to harm my family and I can now leave peacefully with my wife and son."

"Getting rid of Elena has finally helped restore my relationship with my brother. I told Elena I would thank you for basically breaking us up. I didn't see it before that was one of the best things you could've done for me. Because of you, I found Caroline." Stefan said.

"Caroline's a sweet girl. I can see how you're happy with her. She deserves someone like you who can treat her right. A part of me wished I could return the affections she once had for me but I'm glad everything is how it is now." Klaus said. "Why don't we go out? Like we did in the twenties? We can have some more drinks, laugh about our past, torture some humans?"

"Really, Klaus?" Stefan asked, clearly not amused.

"What? We'll keep them alive. We'll compel them to forget. Come on. Remember when you forced that Liam guy to drink his own wife's blood?" Klaus chuckled, eventually making Stefan chuckle too.

"Okay, nothing too extreme though." Stefan said.