𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 / 𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚛𝚜

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚂𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚢

"I am so scared. Why?" Klaus asked Elijah.

"You're nervous. That's a good thing." Elijah replied. "It means you care."

"She will say yes, won't she?" He asked as he looked down at the ring in his hands. It had taken him months to finally get a ring that he believed would be perfect for his beloved. They had been together for over two years now and Klaus knew Amara was the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his mortal life with. The woman he would have a family with. The woman he would grow old and die with.

"I believe she is hopelessly in love with you, Niklaus. She'll say yes." Elijah said with a soft smile She was very happy for this brother. The woman he was with made him so happy and she got along with the entire family too. All the Mikaelsons loved her. Mikael didn't really care much about her much but apart from that, everyone approved of their relationship, even Esther. She saw Amara like her own daughter.

"Thank you, brother. I don't know what I'd do without you." Klaus said before giving his older brother a hug.

********

𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

"I've always found the night sky so beautiful." Amara said as she walked with Klaus on the grassy ground, holding hands and looking up at the sky. "The way the stars are the only thing that lights up the night sky."

"Just like you light up the darkness in my life." Klaus said, making Amara stop walking and face him. She blushed heavily before kissing his cheek. "I love you so much. I can't imagine my life without you. I want to spend my life with you, have kids with you and grow old with you. I want to do everything by your side because I love you so much and I can't see myself with anyone but you. You're my best friend and my lover and you're just everything to me."

He got down on one knee, making Amara gasp. Klaus was a nervous wreck but he had to do this. "Will you marry me, my love?" Klaus held up a beautiful ring in his hand as he waited for his beloved to answer.

"Yes!" Amara cried out as tears fell down her face. Klaus let out a breath of relief and smiled. He couldn't stop smiling. The woman of his dreams agreed to marry him. He slipped the ring on her finger and got up before pulling Amara into a kiss. He knew the rest of his life would just be pure happiness from this point. The couple pulled away and hugged each other in happiness. This was all they needed. Each other. They were stronger together and nothing without each other.

"I'm going to get stupid wasted tonight." Marcel said, pulling Klaus away from his thoughts.

"You know as vampires, we are literally unable to get drunk." Kol said.

"That means I can drink as much as I want." Marcel shrugged.

"I like the way you think, Marcel." Kol smirked.

The four men were in a bar not too far away. Kol and Marcel went to get drinks for everyone, leaving just Elijah and Klaus. Elijah noticed how quiet Klaus was being and sighed. His brother was still hurting but he knew he wouldn't admit it. Klaus had too much pride.

"Niklaus, are you okay?" Elijah asked, making Klaus look away from his wedding band on his finger and look at his brother, a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Yes, we're celebrating your engagement. What could be better than this?"

"Maybe you talking things out with your wife and being happy." Elijah suggested.