𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 / 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Kol, what are you doing?" Amara laughed as she watched one of her best friends stick his tongue out.

"I'm trying to touch my nose with my tongue." Kol said. "Try it."

"No, that's weird." Amara chuckled.

"Come on, you know you want to." Kol said.

Amara chuckled and the pair stuck their tongues out, trying to touch their noses but failing miserably.

"It's impossible Kol." Amara said as she shook her head.

"Rebekah, that's mine." Amara heard, making her shift her attention to the sound. She saw Klaus chasing Rebekah who was holding one of his paintbrushes. They both laughed as Klaus chased her.

"I want to use it Nik. I'm sure I can be just as good of an artist as you." Rebekah said.

"No one is as good of an artist as me." Klaus bragged.

Klaus continued chasing his younger sister. Amara watched as they both laughed before he finally caught her, making Rebekah scream when Klaus picked her up over his shoulder and pulled the brush out of her hand.

"Nik, put me down." Rebekah laughed.

"No, I'm getting you back for taking my brush, little sister." Klaus said with a smile.

Amara had always loved the bond Klaus had with his younger sister. She felt butterflies in her stomach as she watched him. And that was the starting point of Amara's feelings towards Klaus.

"Amara?!" Hayley called out, making Amara pull herself out of her thoughts.

Amara couldn't stop the tears running down her face as she hugged Hayley. She didn't even care if Klaus did love another woman. What made her upset was that he lied to her, saying that he hadn't.

"It'll be okay, babe." Hayley said, rubbing Amara's back in comfort.

Amara pulled away and wiped her tears. "Amara, there has to be an explanation for this. This was way back in 1002 but I still remember that conversation with my brothers like it was yesterday. Nik specifically told us he didn't love her. He knew she had a thing for him but he said he was literally unable to return those affections to her. And as for the letter, again, there has to be an explanation. The letter wasn't signed off with Nik's name. It is possible the letter was written by someone else." Rebekah said.

********

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍

"Niklaus, tell us the truth. Did you really write this letter?" Elijah asked, holding the piece of paper up.

"No! I didn't write it. I would never sign a letter off with 'your love'. But that's not the point. I didn't write it. I never loved Aurora." Klaus said with a sigh.

"She was kinda crazy in my opinion." Kol said. "How is she even alive?"

"When we realised our blood turned people into vampires, Aurora found out when Lucien turned with my blood, and purposely injured herself. In a panic, Rebekah gave her blood to heal her and when no one was around, she killed herself." Klaus explained.

"Yep, so she's definitely crazy." Kol confirmed.

"Now if you excuse me, I must find my wife." Klaus said before using his vamp speed to leave.

********

"Do you really believe he didn't lie to me? That he really didn't love anyone else?" Amara asked the girls.

"I wasn't there so I can't say anything." Hayley shrugged.

"But I was as was all my other siblings. He didn't lie to you, darling. You have to trust us." Rebekah said with a hand on Amara's shoulder.

"Amara?" All three girls heard, making them turn their heads to see Klaus, who seemed relieved to have found his wife.

"We'll give you some time to talk." Hayley said before both girls walked away, leaving just Klaus and Amara.

Amara felt her heart pound as her husband approached her. She didn't know how to react or what to do.

"Amara, please look at me." Klaus said softly, making her look up into his eyes. Klaus could see the pain swimming in Amara's eyes and for that, he felt terrible. Never did he ever intend to inflict pain on the love of his life. Klaus took Amara's hands in his, making Amara tense up for a second before relaxing into his touch. "Amara, you need to believe me. I didn't write that letter. I only slept with Aurora once and that was only because I had that unsatisfaction. I was still under my mother's spell and still had that strange feeling in my heart but I didn't know what it was. I thought after sleeping with Aurora, it would leave but it never did. When I realised I had no feelings towards her at all, I left without a trace."

Klaus sighed, knowing what to do. He squeezed his wife's hands, putting her in his head to show her a memory.

Flashback

"Am I to assume you and Aurora are romantically involved?" Elijah asked his younger brother who only sighed as he picked up a glass of wine.

"No brother. For some reason, I cannot bring myself to love her." Klaus said. "As much as I have tried, I have no affections towards her."

"Thank goodness. She is a bit of a nutter that one." Rebekah said. "I don't understand why you would want to love her anyways."

"What am I to do? I just slept with the woman. Should I just kill her?" Klaus asked.

"No, no one here knows about vampires or that we are vampires. If they get the slightest suspicion, we'll all be dead." Kol said.

"Let's just leave. We have nothing keeping us here. And we cannot stay in one place for two long. Mikael could appear any day. We must keep moving." Elijah said.

Amara gasped as she looked at Klaus, his eyes filled with sincerity and honesty. She knew he was telling the truth. That memory told her everything she needed to know. Plus she remembered that brunette bimbo she saw from all those weeks ago who Klaus had called over because of that feeling he had. Amara now felt embarrassed as her face heated up. She placed her hand on his cheek, making Klaus immediately lean into her touch.

"I'm sorry I didn't trust you." She muttered as tears filled her eyes. Klaus noticed and shook his head as he wiped the tears falling down Amara's cheeks.

"You have nothing to apologise for, my love." Klaus said.

"Yes I do. I'm your wife. I'm supposed to trust you. What kind of wife am I?" Amara said, scolding herself. She felt terrible.

"Love, stop blaming yourself. Honestly, if it were the other way around, I would think the same thing. You did nothing wrong." Klaus said. He cupped her face with both of his hands, making her look straight into his sky blue eyes. "I love you Amara and only you. Everyone has failed to find a place in my heart, including Aurora but you, you're my everything. You have my heart. Always and forever. I love you so much."

Amara couldn't help the small smile growing on her face. Klaus smiled as he watched his wife cheer up. She was so innocent but at the same time so strong willed and forgiving. Klaus honestly felt like he didn't even deserve her. He felt incredibly lucky that he was blessed with such an amazing life partner.

"I love you too." Amara said before giving her husband a peck on the lips. The feeling of Klaus' lips on hers gave Amara all the strength and confidence she needed. Klaus was her life. Without him, she'd be nothing. "Can we go home now so I can come up with a plan to kill Aurora?"

Klaus chuckled at his wife's sudden change in mood. He loved seeing his wife's badass side. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her in close before kissing her temple and heading back to the compound.