𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 / 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Amara turned to her husband who was still staring at this "Aurora" person, gobsmacked.

"Did you miss me, Niklaus?" Aurora asked, making Klaus' face drop before hardening, glaring at the red head.

"Niklaus, what's going on?" Amara asked, concerned as she put a hand on her husband's shoulder. Klaus turned to look at her, concern filling his eyes. "Who is she?"

"I see you didn't tell your little girlfriend our history." Aurora said, smirking at Amara.

"You watch what you say about Amara. One word said against my wife and I'll rip your tongue out." Klaus threatened as he stepped closer to Aurora.

"I dare you." Aurora said, glaring into his eyes.

"Niklaus, who is she?" Amara asked again, making Klaus break his glare towards Aurora and look at his wife.

Aurora smirked. "Why don't I fill your wife in seeing as she is hopelessly confused."

"No, you don't need to fill her in on anything. You need to leave before things get ugly." Klaus growled.

"Why would I leave now? The party's just getting started." Aurora said with a chuckle. "You see, once upon a time, Nik and I were lovers."

Amara's eyes widened as she felt her heart sink. What was she hearing?

"You're lying. He....he said he hadn't loved another woman." Amara said, tears threatening to build in her eyes.

"Ohhh, seems like you and your hubby have a lot to talk about then." Aurora said. "I told Niklaus I loved him and that's when we made love to each other. I know you were forced to leave me Nik but now we can be together again."

"I never loved you Aurora. You were simply a rebound." Klaus said.

"What we had was special. That night we spent together...it was passionate." Aurora said, placing a hand on Klaus' cheek, only for him to push her hand away.

"That was one meaningless night, Aurora! It meant nothing to me! I left you because I didn't care about you! I didn't love you and I never will!" Klaus exclaimed.

"Aurora, he doesn't love you." Elijah said. "He told me himself all those years ago."

"You think because he told you, it's true?" Aurora said, glaring at Elijah. "You weren't there, Elijah! You didn't feel what we felt that night."

"I didn't feel anything, Aurora." Klaus growled, growing more and more frustrated.

"Yeah, stop twisting what happened." Rebekah intervened. "We all spoke to Nik that night. He told us himself he felt nothing towards you. Why don't you just accept that?"

"Because he told me he loved me!" Aurora yelled, making everyone look at her in shock.

"What? I never said anything of the sort." Klaus said.

"Oh really? What is this then?" Aurora said, holding up a piece of paper.

Klaus took the paper and began reading it.

Dearest Aurora,

I believe I have fallen hopelessly in love with you however, I cannot be with you. Oh how I wish we could be together. As a vampire, I could show you the world. But alas, I cannot. I believe you have fallen for another however I will fight for you. But with a heavy heart, I must leave you for now. I hope one day we will meet again. Until then my love.

- your love

Klaus looked at the letter in shock. He didn't write this. He knew he didn't. The rest of the family took the letter off him and read it, shock covered their faces.

"I didn't write that." Klaus said. "It doesn't even have my name. It could be anyone."

Amara read the letter and felt her heart drop to the pit of her stomach. So Klaus lied to her. He did love another woman. Amara looked at her husband with tears in her eyes. Klaus felt his heart split in two as he saw his wife's heartbroken expression.

"Amara, I-" Klaus proceeded to step towards her but she stepped back, making Klaus' heart ache. This couldn't happen to him. He only just got his love back. He refused to lose her again. Amara put the letter down and using her vampire speed, left the compound. Klaus was about to go after her when Rebekah stopped him.

"Hayley and I will look for her. You stay here and deal with this she-devil." Rebekah said. The girls left to find Amara whilst the guys were still in the compound.

"This isn't right." Kol said, looking at the letter. "This isn't even Nik's handwriting."

"Handwriting can change over the years, Kol. Niklaus, just admit it. We were in love. We can be together." Aurora said, stepping towards him, making him step back.

"I will never be with you." Klaus said, glaring at her. "I love Amara and only her. I suggest you leave before I rip your heart out."

"Fine, I'll leave. But you can't hide the truth Niklaus. We were in love and I will take you back." Aurora said before using her vamp speed to leave.

The guys looked at each other before sighing, trying to process what happened.