𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 / 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚍

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝙼𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝙰𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚜

"Where the bloody hell is Lucien?" Rebekah asked Tristan and Aurora.

"Niklaus, didn't you already meet Lucien the other day? What did he tell you again? Oh yes. He was going to get rid of your precious little wife." Tristan smirked, making Klaus' heart fall to the pit of his stomach. He had forgotten about that. He forgot about Lucien's threat to hurt Amara or even worse, kill her and now she was alone with a witch at the compound and wouldn't even be able to defend herself because she's pregnant.

"No! No! No! No! WHERE IS HE?! WHERE'S LUCIEN?!" Klaus yelled in anger. He refused to accept that Lucien was after Amara. He refused to accept that he failed to protect his wife and child from such a dangerous vampire.

"Oh Niklaus, how I wish you were protective over me like that." Aurora said. "You still have a chance. Be with me. Your wife should be dead by now. We can be together now."

"I don't think so, you red headed whore." Everyone heard before seeing Amara walking in. Klaus ran over to her and hugged her tight, just glad that she was still alive.

"What happened to your head?" He asked, concerned when he saw blood.

"Lucien happened." She said.

"But, our baby-" Klaus said before being interrupted.

"Where is Lucien?!" Tristan yelled.

"Lucien is dead. But don't worry. I told him you two would be joining him very soon." Amara told the pair.

She used her vampire speed to run over to Aurora and threw her into one of the giant steel containers. She wanted to be the one to kill Aurora once and for all. Everyone else began fighting Tristan before realising more vampires had come out of hiding. Amara noticed and began fighting the other vampires, as did Rebekah, Kol and Josh. Klaus and Elijah were busy tossing Tristan about and Marcel and Hayley went after Aurora. Once Amara was done with the other vampires, she turned her focus back to Aurora. Aurora grabbed onto Amara's hair. 

"I heard Niklaus say baby. Let's get rid of it, shall we?" Aurora growled before kicking Amara in the gut, making her yell out in pain and clutch her stomach.

"NO!!" Klaus yelled when he saw what was happening. He used his vampire speed to run over to Aurora and bite her neck before tossing her aside. He quickly knelt down to his wife's side.

"I'm fine, Niklaus. Just let me kill her." Amara groaned.

"I told you not to come here! Why did you come?!" He yelled. 

"I'm fighting for my family. I refuse to sit on the bench and just watch!" Amara said before pushing herself up, still holding her stomach. Her baby was still protected with the spell but her stomach still did hurt.

"Amara, go home now!" Klaus yelled.

"No! I will kill this bitch even if it's the last thing I do!" She yelled before running to Aurora who was already very weak from Klaus' bite. Amara plunged her hand into Aurora's chest as she growled. Aurora screamed in pain and she felt Amara's hand gripping her heart. "You should have known you'd never defeat me. I will forever rule the vampires and werewolves. You are nothing." Amara growled before ripping Aurora's heart out and her body tumbled to the floor, her skin turning grey.

Amara turned to see Elijah now holding Tristan's heart in his hand, looking very proud of himself.

********

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍

Everyone had returned home to the compound apart from Marcel and Josh who had left for their homes. 

"That was amazing." Rebekah said.

"I know. I felt so alive." Kol said.

"Amara, how did you fight Aurora in your condition?" Elijah said. "Are you okay?"

"I'm completely fine 'Lijah." She smiled.

"Let's get rid of this body then." Kol said as everyone looked at Lucien's staked body still laying in the courtyard. All the Mikaelson siblings left with the body, leaving just Klaus and Amara. She looked at her husband who looked furious.

"Niklaus, I'm sorry. I know I didn't listen to you but I needed to be there." She said, trying to place her hand on his shoulder but he pushed it away.

"I told you to stay here where you and our child would be safe but you couldn't even listen to that, could you?" Klaus said, his eyes still filled with rage. If he were talking to anyone else, he would've exploded and killed them instantly but this was his wife and he couldn't do that to her.

"I tried, Niklaus. I really did but I couldn't stay away. I couldn't just sit here whilst my family were in danger." Amara said as tears built in her eyes.

"I told you it would be dangerous and you didn't listen. Aurora...she kicked you in the gut."

"Our child is safe, Niklaus. I told Davina to put a spell on me that would protect our child from any harm if I were to get hurt." Amara said. "I couldn't sit here and do nothing. It's lucky she spelled me when she did. I wouldn't have stood a chance against Lucien without it. I made sure to keep our child safe."

"You had Davina! Davina could've taken care of Lucien!" Klaus yelled, getting more and more frustrated.

"Lucien was a thousand year old vampire! Davina's a small witch! There's only so much she could've done to him!"

"Well, you still didn't listen to me. Do you have any idea how I felt when I saw Aurora kick you? I thought.....I thought our child was...was gone." Klaus said as he looked down, trying to prevent any tears from growing.

"Niklaus, I...." Amara had no words. She didn't imagine how he must've felt seeing her get hurt. He didn't know she was spelled. Of course it would've looked like the baby wouldn't make it.

"I...I felt like I failed to protect you, to protect our child. I thought I failed. I felt like my heart broke into two when I saw you clutching your stomach in pain. I wanted you to stay here to keep you and our child safe. I didn't want to lose either of you."

"I'm...I'm so sorry, Niklaus." Amara said as tears fell down her face.

"Well, I'm sorry too. I'm sorry that I thought I could trust you." Klaus said, making Amara's heart sink.

"You can. You can trust me." Amara said, trying to get her husband to look at her.

"I thought our child was dead, Amara! I....I just need some time alone. Just stay away from me." He practically whispered before walking away, leaving Amara in tears.

"No! Niklaus, please!" She cried out but Klaus ignored her and just went to his room.