𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 / 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"The speed at whatever this thing is travelling at, I'm guessing it'll be here no later than tomorrow." Audrey said.

"I knew it! We're too late!" Klaus yelled. This was the one thing he didn't want happening and now it was happening. His worst nightmare was coming true.

"Nik, like we said before, we'll fight this off." Rebekah said. "We've chanted Always and Forever for centuries. That isn't ending now."

"Always and Forever." Amara said under her breath before smiling. She remembered the siblings always went by this saying, she included. She felt a small smile grow on her face as a memory took over.

It was evening. The sky was dark. The stars were twinkling. There was a perfect summer breeze. Amara was laid down on the soft grass, watching the dark clouds float by and the stars brightening up the sky. She heard another body laying down next to her, that body belonging to Niklaus.

"There must be a billion stars out there. All competing to see which star can twinkle the brightest." He said, making Amara let out a small chuckle. "But you see that star..." he said, pointing to one star in particular, this one star shining brighter than the rest. "...that star doesn't need to put in the effort to twinkle brighter than the others. Do you know why?"

"Why?" Amara asked, turning to face him, curious with what he would come up with.

Klaus turned to face Amara, placing a hand on her cheek as he stroked it with his thumb. "Because that star is naturally more beautiful than the rest. That star is one of a kind. That star stands out with her radiant beauty and pure soul."

Amara felt a huge blush form on her face. Her Niklaus was such a romantic. He gave her more and more reasons to fall in love with him.

"You are that star, my love." He said. "You shine the brightest in my life."

Amara smiled and placed both her hands on Klaus' face. "I promise to light up our lives together. I love you Niklaus."

"I love you too Amara. Always and Forever." Klaus said before they both leaned in for a kiss that led to a night of sweet passion on the grass.

"Amara? Hellooo???" Amara heard before snapping out of it, seeing Kol waving his hand in front of her face. Everyone was looking at her, including Klaus. "You alright there Love? You seemed out of it."

"Oh..I'm fine. Just lost in my thoughts, I guess." Amara said as she tried to hide the small blush growing on her face.

Klaus smirked slightly. She was always in her thoughts. Maybe next time, he'd get into her head and see what thoughts she was always lost in. But for now, he had bigger things to worry about.

"Our family is in danger. We need all the allies we can get." Elijah said.

"We can help. Our magic can be useful." Liam said.

"Are you sure? This fight with whoever we're dealing with could get ugly." Rebekah said.

"Yeah, we've probably seen worse." Audrey said.

"Count me in too." Amara said. "You guys are my family, I'm not gonna sit and watch."

Klaus rolled his eyes. Of course they were not her family but he didn't want to say anything. They did need as many allies as possible.

"Well then, it's sorted. We have a battle tomorrow. I could do with a bit of bloodshed." Klaus said.

********

𝙰 𝙵𝚎𝚠 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

Amara was in the grand dining room, picking on a few grapes to eat. She wasn't hungry for blood, just craving food. She noticed Kol walk in, making her smile.

"Hey Kol. Grape?" She offered.

"Sure, why not?" Kol said. Amara threw a grape and Kol caught it in his mouth.

"Nice." Amara said.

"Why thank you very much." Kol said with a little bow before they both laughed. "I hadn't really had the chance to speak to you. How are you holding up, with Nik and everything?"

Amara's smile fell slightly. "It's hard to be around him when he refuses to acknowledge who I am. I love him so much Kol, and for him to reject that...I'm trying to stay strong, but...for how long?"

Amara felt small tears grow in her eyes. The more she spoke about it, the more hurt she felt. Why couldn't Klaus love her back? What was stopping him? Kol pulled Amara for a hug. He felt terrible for her. He had no idea how she must have been feeling. All she wanted was Klaus' love and she couldn't get it.

"I'm sorry A." Kol said. "I don't know what's gotten into my brother. You should know that you are too good for him. All you did a thousand years ago was love him and make him happy. I don't know why he fails to see or acknowledge that now but you deserve so much more than him. Find someone that will treat you what you're worth."

"You really think I should move on?" Amara asked, pulling away from the hug and looking at Kol.

"Maybe not straight away. Give it some time and when you feel like you're ready, give it a shot. What's the worst that can happen?"

Amara sighed. Maybe Kol was right. Maybe she had to stop clinging onto something that was already dead. Maybe she had to let go.

"When did you get so wise?" Amara said with a small smile.

"I've had a thousand years." Kol shrugged.