𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 / 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚙𝚜𝚎

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

Everyone was stood in the compound, ready to fight whoever was on their way to kill them. Today was the day that the enemy would come to kill the Mikaelsons but they weren't going to go down without a fight.

"Who do you think it could be?" Kol asked.

"Nik has gained many enemies over the years, including Mikael. Who knows?" Rebekah said.

"What is taking them so long?" Klaus complained. He just wanted to get this over with so he'd have one less thing to stress over. "If it is Mikael, he better hurry up."

"Never thought I'd see the day where you'd be so eager to see our father. I think you owe him many Father's Day gifts." Elijah joked, making Rebekah and Kol laugh.

"Haha, you're so funny Elijah. You really should go into comedy when all this is over." Klaus said, clearly not amused. Elijah smiled.

Rebekah's phone started ringing, turning everyone's attention to her. "It's Marcel." She said.

"Answer it and put it on speaker." Kol said.

Rebekah did as she was told. "Marcel, I really don't have the time for a chitchat."

"Rebekah listen. Some guy turned up here. Says he was looking for all the Mikaelson siblings. He said his name was Mikael." Marcel said.

Klaus felt his blood turn cold. Mikael was in New Orleans. Mikael was here. Mikael was the one person who he feared was actually capable of killing him.

"What did you tell him?" Rebekah asked, clearly concerned.

"We didn't say anything. He killed one of my guys and he asked again. We just told him you guys were hiding somewhere." Marcel said.

"We're dead." Kol said, pacing around the courtyard, clearly very stressed out.

"Marcel we'll...." Rebekah trailed off. Everyone looked to where she was looking. He was here.

It was Mikael.

"Rebekah, what's going on?" Marcel asked.

"We need to go." She said before hanging up.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Mikael said, walking in. "Nice place."

Mikael looked around before his eyes landed on Amara. She was terrified. She knew Mikael was scary from the start but the person standing here was ten times worse.

"I see you found the lovely Amara. My bastard son must be happy to see you." Mikael said with a smirk.

Klaus furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he looked at the two. Why did everyone think he would be happy to see her? He didn't know Amara.

"Please...please don't hurt my family." Amara practically whispered, tears in her eyes.

"If you don't get in my way, I'll consider keeping you alive. Although the fact that you're in love with the bastard may cloud my judgement so I suggest you keep your mouth shut." Mikael said.

Amara stepped back as Klaus watched. Amara was in love with him? But they met only a couple days ago. He couldn't focus on that right now. His main goal was defeating Mikael.

"Father." Elijah said, Mikael's attention turning to him. "Don't hurt her. You hate us, not her."

"Elijah, still the nobleman I see." Mikael said with a glare. "Don't you get tired of defending your pathetic siblings?"

"Father please spare us. Don't you love us even a little bit?" Rebekah said.

"Truth be told, I was only out for Niklaus but since you three never seem to leave his side, I'm afraid I'll have to kill all of you." Mikael said.

"Enough!" Klaus yelled. "You hate me? So kill me! I dare you! But you leave everyone else out of this."

"And the coward has spoken." Mikael said. "You disgust me. I should've killed you the moment you were born. You are an abomination to my family. You're a plague."

Klaus felt taken aback. His father had never insulted him like that before. It hurt him inside. Amara's tears were slipping down her face as she watched. She felt like she was reliving everything that happened a thousand years ago. Everything was the same. Her Niklaus was still being abused by his father and no one could do anything about it.

"I'm in the mood for some bloodshed, aren't you?" Mikael said. "My last words to you, may you rot in hell."

Mikael charged towards Klaus, only to be stopped by Audrey and Liam who had come out of hiding. They had their hands out, giving Mikael an aneurysm. He screamed in pain as he fell to the ground. However, he was somehow able to fight it and charged at Klaus again. He was as old as the originals after all. The three other siblings used their vampire speed to race over and fight their father. Amara ran over to Audrey and Liam.

"You guys should go. He's more powerful than your witch magic. He could seriously hurt you guys." She said.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Liam asked.

"I'll be fine. You guys go." Amara said.

The couple nodded and quickly left the compound. Amara looked back and saw Mikael was on top of Klaus, punching him in the face multiple times. The three siblings were on the floor, having all been attacked by Mikael. Amara then noticed Mikael pull out a stake. Not any stake. The white oak stake. The last of it that could kill the entire Mikaelson family. Mikael held it tight in his hand and attempted piercing it into Klaus' chest. Klaus did everything in his power to stop Mikael but he was just too strong for him. Klaus yelled in frustration as he tried to push Mikael's hand back.

Amara looked on in distress. Enough was enough. A thousand years ago, she couldn't do anything but watch. Not anymore. She was done watching. Amara took a deep breath and after a few moments, turned into her werewolf form. She ran towards Mikael, biting into his arm, making Mikael scream in pain, dropping the stake and allowing Klaus to get away. Mikael tried fighting Amara off but she had her jaws locked into his arm, biting harder until she eventually ended up ripping his arm off, making Mikael screech in agony as he held onto his amputated arm.

During this time, Klaus had managed to grab onto the white oak stake. As soon as he had the opportunity, he pierced the stake into Mikael's heart, making him scream and his body catch on fire, his body burning to death. The Mikaelson siblings all managed to get themselves up and watched the corpse burn. Amara returned to her normal form and quickly grabbed a blanket to cover her body.

"He's dead. We're finally free." Kol said.

The siblings hugged and Amara watched with a smile. She was happy for them. Now they could be happy. They wouldn't have to live in fear anymore.

Klaus was the first to break away from the hug, looking straight at Amara before approaching her.

"You saved my life." Klaus began. "If it wasn't for you, Mikael could've been successful in killing me and my body would be the one in flames right now if it wasn't for you. Thank you."

Amara smiled. "It's okay."

The other siblings gave her a hug, thanking her for her help. Klaus just watched. He still had a lot of questions but he just wanted to enjoy the moment he was in. They were free. He was free.