Verge (Prinxiety)

September 20th, 2020
A/N: This song just makes me happy, so I thought I'd share my happy thoughts in the form of a cute one-shot! Enjoy!

Virgil wasn't sure how he'd been convinced to attend this party, but he was here now and all he wanted to do was go home. He was hovering by the food bar and he was doing his best to avoid socializing with anyone he didn't know. Fortunately, a few of his friends were there.

The host of the party was his overly obnoxious friend Roman Prince. Being from a filthy rich family had perks when it came to house parties. There was a professional DJ set up and a very open dance floor where a crowd had gathered.

Virgil had seen his brother, Remus, around but was honestly not trying to look for him. He could tolerate Roman, but his twin frightened him on occasion.

Patton and Logan were sticking together, being the adorable couple that they are. It was mostly the sunshine filled Patton tugging his boyfriend around the mansion. Logan didn't look like he was complaining judging by the barely concealed smile on his face.

Janus was somewhere. That's all Virgil cared to know about that.

Everyone he knew was preoccupied, leaving the darkly dressed boy to mope near a corner and wish he wasn't there. He'd even put some effort in to how he looked for this. He'd been proud of his outfit and thought he looked great, but the lackluster events of the party were bumming him out.

He scrolled through his phone with a heavy sigh. He wanted to go home.

"Hey Virge!" a familiar voice said.

He looked up to see Roman, dressed to the nines before him. Virgil hadn't gotten a good look at what he was wearing all night, but now that he was right in front of him, he could see it clearly. His suit was gorgeous. It was pristine white with red and gold embroidery. He practically shone under the dim lights.

"Wow, you look amazing!" the princely man said, looking him up and down. Virgil flushed a bit and adjusted his purple jacket. It's short coat tails glistened. "I honestly wouldn't have recognized you if it weren't for the purple and black vibes."

Virgil rolled his eyes. "Whatever..."

Roman frowned and looked around. "What are you doing over here by yourself? You should be having fun!"

His only response was a shrug. This clearly wasn't enough for the princely man. He tapped his foot on the floor as he thought hard about what to do. He gasped as an idea struck him. "I'll be right back."

He could only watch as Roman rushed away toward the DJ. Virgil felt a knot twisting in his stomach; he didn't like whatever it was he was planning.

As the current song faded out, a new one came on. Roman came marching back toward him and bowed. He offered him a hand. Virgil swallowed and placed his gently in it. A smile spread across Roman's lips as he began to pull him toward the dance floor.

"What are you doing-"

"I picked this song specifically for you, so you're going to dance with me," Roman told him. They came to a stop in the middle of the dance floor and their hands moved into a typical dance hold. He grinned and leaned in to Virgil's space to murmur to him. "Because every time I hear this song I think of you."

Virgil scowled. "Why?"

A laugh escaped the other man. "Just listen!"

They began casually dancing as the song gradually made its way toward the chorus. It was during the bridge that Virgil realized they were saying "out on the verge". His eyes widened, remembering that his nickname amongst his friends was "Virge".

Roman twirled him around excitedly. "See? Now just have some fun with me!" he exclaimed.

As the song reached the chorus, Virgil let himself smile a little. They danced fast and in sync with the music. For a brief moment, he forgot to be anxious and he actually enjoyed himself. His small smile turned into a grin as he kept dancing with Roman.

The princely man spun him around and lifted him into the air, moving with ease to the beat. Virgil felt his heart racing, but it was in a good way for once.

When the song finally came to an end, Roman escorted Virgil off of the dance floor. The crowd had noticed them and cheered as they went. Virgil's face was flushed with embarrassment, but a smile was still on his face. He turned to Roman. "Thank you."

"My pleasure, Virge," he said. He then leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to his cheek. "Thank you for dancing with me."