chapter 1.

AN: so this is kind of my first published book..most of them are kept hidden away in my notes and drafts but this actually made its way out into the real world of wattpad!

I hope you enjoy reading through this because otherwise I have no other reason to carry on updating..sigh...that was so lame I'm sorry...I'll leave quietly...
((edit: hey, this is ant! i'm going to just be proof-reading the chapters for any grammatical errors, just in case. i hope y'all don't mind! >.<))

INDIE'S POV;

Energy and adrenaline pulsed through my veins as the music was blasted more through the speakers. Booms pounded against the fragile house in time with the beat. Warm, sweaty bodies colided with one another as everyone got more and more wasted each hour. Every inch of the floor was covered with people from anywhere and everywhere. All the outcasts, from all over the country, brought together in one house. Memories and feelings slowly disappearing with each hour.

Times like these are my favourite times.

After an hour of dancing and screaming at one another to hear over the pounding music, me and my friend, Kim, crashed out on the nearest free sofa. The leather material was relieving against my hot sweaty skin.

"I should've brought Kyle," I panted to my friend as she flopped over my legs.

"WHAT?" She belted back at me

I gave out a huff.

"I SAID," I screeched, "I SHOULD'VE BROUGHT KYLE"

"OHHH," Kim drunkenly replied

After regaining my breath and the ability to walk in a straight line I signalled to Kim to go outside, where I hoped we could talk without having to scream at the top of our lungs. Slipping through the mad drunk crowd we made our way to the front porch. The air was like ice against my boiling skin as I staggered out the beech doorway and plonked myself down on the edge of a plant pot. It hurt very much as my bum collapsed onto the solid edge. Kim flopped down opposite me.

"My ears are ringing again," she stated rubbing them carelessly.

"Same, it'll go in a bit though," I reassured her.

Her eyes were that deep grey colour again. No more sky blue stars floating around, just an empty grey void. I knew they'd go back to their usually bluey grey ones once Kim wasn't so violently drunk. Sometimes I wonder whether one day they'll just stick to being an empty grey colour.

Sometimes I shouldn't think too much.

Her hair wasn't the prettiest sight you'd see at that moment. Her brown mousey hair stuck up in all directions and her two dreadlocks were beginning to get matted in with the rest of her poor unfortunate hair.

Kim's outfit was very simple. A red plaid long sleeve shirt tucked into a pair of ripped black skinny jeans. She'd never thought much of 'dressing up' to attend house parties.

Kim's face began to crumple frowning at me.

"What are you looking at, Indie?" She slurred, looking quite sleepy. It was only 9pm.

I snapped out of my daydream and was woken by reality. A moment later, 4 boys turned up in the drive way; they were carrying some bottles of beer. They all had flicky side fringes and dead straight hair, apart from one who had slightly curlier hair. Two stood behind the other two. The ones in front had gorgeous black and brown hair. The person with almost silky black hair had eyes to die for. Icy blue crystal ones that seemed to sparkle. The other had meaningful deep hazel eyes. I perched on the plant pot staring in awe. Sadly, I didn't get a clear view of the two behind as they were engulfed into the crowd too soon and the door was steadily edged shut.