Meeting Lily

Gavin opened his email and saw that James Murphy had sent him several emails. There were photos of Lily through her opened windows like she was cleaning. Gavin noticed the flowers were gone from the window so he used his cell phone to have a bouquet delivered today. Another email from James included the sound file with Gigi calling Gavin "Darling" with a short note:

Sir, the sound byte has been purchased and is permanently removed from the internet. I've enclosed it in this message and scrubbed my laptop of all traces, which will include this email once I hit send. – James

Gavin did not want to listen to the sound byte at all. He simply deleted the message and sent instructions to his IT department to erase the email and scrub the system. It was as good as gone now.

Gavin decided to call James to ask about the whereabouts of the reporter who started it all.

"Sir." James Murphy answered.

"Any word on the reporter from the club?"

"Not yet. But we have a strong lead."

"When you know for sure, don't email me, call me immediately." Gavin wanted to handle this himself.

"Yes Sir."

Gavin hung up the phone. He clicked back on the photo of Lily standing in her open window smiling. She was his true enchantress and the woman in his heart. Lilianna Yi was his red string of fate soul mate, and he knew it. Gavin went to work on his proposals again and approved several contracts for the new movie. He was busy working most of the afternoon. Around 3pm he realized he hadn't eaten and he asked Gou to bring him some take out. He had so much to catch up on after being home for so long. He only had one week until his mother's holiday party and he considered whether or not he should invite Lily. He imagined Lily dressed in a formal gown holding onto his arm when he arrived at the party. His mouth curved into a smile and he liked the idea very much.

Are you busy for Holiday? – G

Yes. I will be at my family villa celebrating with my brothers and my dad. – L

I see. Can I put in a request to have you for holiday next year then?

Ten Dates Gavin Sun. Ten Dates. – L

Gavin laughed and went back to his work.

Lily sat in her living room with her laptop in front of her when a strange number appeared on her phone screen calling her. She contemplated letting it go to voicemail, but in the end decided to answer it anyway.

"Hello." Lily's soft voice echoed into the phone.

"Is this Miss Lily Yi." Li Seong sounded very business like.

"It is. Who is calling?"

"My name is Li Seong, and I am President of Sun Music Group. I am calling to talk to you about CEO Gavin Sun."

"oh. What about him?" Lily's voice quivered a little and her heart began to race.

"To be honest Miss Yi, I am not sure where to begin. I am a little exasperated at the events that occurred the last few days with regard to a false report of an engagement. I need to reassure you that CEO Sun is not in a relationship with Miss Gigi." Seong ran his hand through his hair as he spoke.

"I know. I saw the news conference." Lily was confused as to why President Li had to call her personally but she assumed that Gavin was behind the phone call.

"Miss Yi, may I call you Lily?" Seong softened his tone.

"Depends. Do we know one another?"

"Honestly, no. But Gavin has been my best friend since we were young kids in grade school. I have known him most of my life. I know you mean something important to him. So I would like to be able to speak on friendly terms if we could."

"Oh! Well I guess that changes things a little. Is this a formal call or a personal call President Li?"

"Please call me Seong. And it's a little of both."

"Then in that case yes, you may call me Lily."

"Lily, could we maybe have coffee to talk about Gavin? I know that seems odd and I assure you I have no intentions toward you, other than I feel the need to explain the real Gavin to you. And if I'm being honest, I would like to meet the young woman who has stolen my best friend's heart." Seong felt a face to face meeting wouldn't feel as awkward as this phone call seemed.

"President Li.... Err excuse me Seong... I have been on a bit of bed rest, but I don't think that sitting in a restaurant is going to harm me or my recovery. I leave to go to my family's villa tomorrow for a celebration so I would only be available this afternoon. Unless you want to wait a few weeks."

"Miss Lily, I am free around 5pm if you are free."

"Yes, that works for me."

"ok, can you meet at the Seaside Café?"

"That is fine. Oh. Is it ok if I bring someone with me? I have..... well.... I'm being..... I don't know how to say this.... But I have a bodyguard, from an overprotective brother." Lily felt embarrassed for a moment to have to ask this.

"No worries that is fine by me. See you at 5." Seong hung up the phone and fell back into the chair he was sitting in. He felt this was awkward but he was curious about her. Knowing how his best friend could be he decided he had better inform Gavin of their upcoming meeting. He sent him a text.

Spoke to Lily. Meeting her at 5.

Seong didn't have much time left before he had to leave the office to meet her so he quickly worked on changing the dates of Gigi's tour then sent an email to her manager before he logged out and left for the day. He was right about Gigi from the start, she was a PR nightmare.