A Gift from Sun Entertainment

The next few days Lily slept on and off. She didn't eat much, nor did she get out of bed. She was worn down and her body needed to just rest. By Friday she was feeling a little better. She realized that her birthday was two days away and she really didn't want to go to the Yi Villa at all. The mere thought of driving home was exhausting to her. She hadn't heard from Gavin or her brother since the incident and she had decided to let them reach out to her. They were the ones who were bullheaded and acting like spoiled young men. Lily had explained everything to Sue when Sue came to visit the previous day. Sue acted just as exasperated with them. Although Sue was more interested in the details of the kiss than anything, which made Lily roll her eyes.

Lily decided to check her weechat and her weibo accounts out of sheer boredom. There didn't seem to by any news that was terribly sensational. She read a few blogs on celebrities and their drama, but they bored her. As Lily scrolled she saw the new ads for Yi Cosmetics and she loved the way they complemented each other. The originally lackluster ad actually appeared brighter alongside the new ad. She decided to call her father and discuss the plans for the weekend.

"Hey Dad." Lily said when she heard her father answer.

"My Little flower how are you feeling?" Her dad's voice was soft and full of concern.

"Im getting better, but I am still sore and I seem to sleep a lot. How is the ad campaign turning out? I saw the two ads, they look great now!"

"Your idea was a hit. We've had so much positive feedback in the contest and we have almost reached our sales. Our profit is actually extremely high this year, more so than other years, because our advertising budget was essentially wiped out by Sun Entertainment."

"What do you mean your advertising budget was wiped out by Sun Entertainment?" Lily sat straight up in her bed.

"Oh, I haven't had a chance to tell you what happened!" Yi Seok went on to explain about Director Huang showing up with the model and a photography team, he also explained how all the advertising spots doubled and were a "gift" from Sun Entertainment. Lily listened and her mouth dropped open. She knew that Gavin was behind it all. Her father explained how he wasn't sure why all this happened but he knew his wife was watching over him from above. Lily didn't have the heart to tell him that it was because of her and she just listened as her father kept talking. Seok was very excited about the turn of events with the advertising campaign.

"I'm so happy it all worked out for Yi Corporation, Dad." Lily felt she now owed Gavin and she didn't like the feeling one bit.

Lily told her father she would be there on Sunday, which of course was against Din's demand to be there Saturday, but she just wasn't up to the trip.

"I will send my driver to come and get you Lily. I don't want you driving until you are 100% better." Seok's voice was calm but firm. Lily didn't want to argue with her father at all.

"Ok. That works out. I will be there Sunday and will stay a week. Well, at least through the holiday. I'm going to go rest now Dad." Lily felt anxious to get off the phone. She wanted to call Gavin immediately.

"Get some rest my flower. I'll hang up first." With that her father hung up and Lily stared at her phone for a moment building the courage up in her mind to make a phone call. She wasn't sure how she was going to approach Gavin Sun.

Gavin Sun sat behind the desk in his study and threw another ball of paper onto the floor. Gou had watched this happen over and over again for the last few days. Gavin was still angry and frustrated. Gou couldn't help him nor did he want to try. Woman issues were not something Gou was an expert in. Gou had never been married nor did he want to be. He was perfectly happy protecting the young Master Sun. Gavin threw himself back in his chair and looked up to the ceiling. Why hasn't she called or messaged me? It was the same thought over and over. He didn't want to anger her or push her away but he wanted to talk to her or at the very least communicate in messaging. But his phone sat on his desk still silent. Papers from different proposals were strewn all over and his home study was a mess. If it weren't for Gou, Gavin probably wouldn't have eaten in days. The empty take out boxes were in the trash, the smell of stale food and a man who needed a shower didn't create a pleasant environment.

Gavin ran his hand through his hair and smelled the sweaty scent emanating from him. He turned his nose up and stood for the first time in hours. His legs were stiff and sore from sitting at his desk for the last few days.

"I'm going to shower." Gavin announced to Gou. Gou just nodded in response.

"Why hasn't she reached out Gou?" Gavin didn't look like an all-powerful business tycoon when he asked. Instead he appeared like a young man lost in love. Gou's face softened toward Gavin.

"I don't know Sir."

"Gou you are the smartest man in the universe. I envy your ability to stay away from women." Gavin left the room and went to his bedroom.

Gou shook his head and felt he was much smarter as well. Too many of his comrades had fallen to the guiles of women. Gou sighed and sat down in a chair to relax.

Just then, Gavin's phone started vibrating on the desk.