Chapter Forty-One

Começar do início

"Don't you ever place your hands on my mother" he said breathing heavily.

"You need to calm down and don't speak to my wife like that" Winston said now defending Christine.

"Let's go, mom," Devontae said and Monica stood up to leave.

They did not listen and as soon as they stepped out the door the FBI was waiting for them.

"Unbelievable" Devontae cursed under his breath before they were cuffed.

The family watched as they were placed in the car before making their way to their cars.

They all knew that the whole thing will be over the internet and by tonight everyone would know about Naomi.

The long lost twin.

Naomi made her way to her apartment after telling everyone goodbye. Winston left some cash on the table even though they did not eat anything.

Her phone started ringing and she saw that it was Josiah.

"Hey" she answered the phone and movement could be heard.

"Hey, are you okay I saw what happened online," he said and she was shocked by how fast they posted it.

"Yes, I am just happy that the whole thing is over. But my birth parents will be going to the station to see what will happen" she told him and he listened.

"That's good. Are you on your way home?" he questioned and she answered.

After their date, they started speaking more frequently and they even had lunch together at work.

"You should come over," he said and she thought about it. This was the second time that she would have went to his house without a weird circumstance.

"I'll think about it" she responded and he had a small pout.

"Why do you have to think about it?" he asked her and she laughed giddily.

"Because it is very unprofessional sir" she teased.

"So what do you call those random make-" he started but she ended the call before he could finish his sentence.

She laughed and decided to make a detour to his house since he started calling her again.

"Please" he begged when the phone connected.

"Fine I will visit you for ten minutes" she saw and he wore a big grin.

"You can't say no to me" he smirked and Naomi laughed.

"I can and the only reason I agreed is because Rosa makes the best cheesecake. And she promised me some so why not come and get it when it is fresh" she said causing his smirk to fall.

"I am hurt," he said dramatically when Naomi pulled up to the gates.

"I am here," she said waiting for the security to let her in.

"Too bad I told the security not to let you in," he said, and just then the gates started to open.

"Thank you," Naomi said flashing the man a smile.

"Just wow, my security has betrayed me," he said with a sad frown before he started to laugh.

She ended the call and parked next to one of his cars.

Andy opened the door and greeted her and she returned the gesture.

"Naomi" Rosa said as soon as she entered the house.

"Rosa," she said pulling her into a hug and Rosa led her to the kitchen. She pushed her to the closest seat before placing a whole cheesecake in front of her.

"All for me?"Naomi asked with wide eyes.

"Yes" Rosa answered and Naomi started eating.

After she finished eating she made her way to the movie room where she knew he would be waiting for her.

"I was wondering when you would be done," he said when she took a seat next to him.

"Yea yea," she said laying her head on his shoulder. She ate way too much cheesecake and now she was sleepy.

"We need to talk about something," he said causing her to lift her head.

"What?" she asked while beginning to fidget.

"You have become a very important person in my life. I just realized how blessed I am to have you in my life. You are the only girl that got along with my family and don't care about how much my net worth is. You are very special to me and I would hate the thought of you becoming someone else's girl. Do you want to be my girlfriend?"