Chapter 30

William's POV

Rose is a quick learner. She was very attentive throughout the meeting. She gave suggestions also. She was always on point. She quickly absorbs the energy and vibe of the room. I think she likes Nixon, she was blushing hard when I introduced her to Nixon.

I went back to the office after the meeting was over. Dax brought the files to sign. I went through them and signed them.

I took the updates from him, especially about Rose. Then I saw the files which Rose had done. I took one of them and checked it. She had done it perfectly. Top notch, Rose! Her feedback was all meaningful. The areas where she marked for improvement, really needs the concern. I dial Dax's number. I heard the knock on the door.

" Come in. " I said.

Dax stood at the front and placed some files on the desk.

" Work according to these files. I need all the updates in two days. " I said sliding files.

" Sure, anything else, sir? " He asked.

" That's it for now. You can leave. " I said.

He nodded and left the room. I did a few other files. I checked my phone, there were few notifications. I went through them. I checked for time. It shows twenty past five. I decide to take a look at Rose.

I directly went into her cabin. She was not in. I walked in for the guest room. I opened the door slowly. She was writing something on the white board from the book.

" What are you doing here? " I asked.

" Hi, papa. " She smiles. " I was done with the files and was getting bored, so I decided to read some books. " She replied.

" What are you writing on the board? " I asked.

" That's nothing. I like to make notes of what I read. It helps in memorizing stuff. " She said, still writing.

" Ohh. " I was amazed by her talent. " Did you take the notes of today's meeting? " I asked.

" Yah, I'll read it to you. " She said keeping the book and marker aside on the sofa. 

She took the notepad kept on the tea table and read through it. I sat on the arm chair opposite to her. She also discussed the profit that Agro Land can make by this deal. 

" You're a quick learner. You did a great job with files and now with the deal. I like the suggestion which you make during the meeting. " I said honestly.

" Thanks, papa. I just suggest what I thought could be right. " She replied.

" I'm done with today. I'm leaving. You can come with me if you're done too. " I suggested.

" I'm done too. " She replied.

I went back to my office, grabbed my bag and a few files. She was waiting for me at the lift. The car was ready at the gate and we headed to the home! 

" I have a surprise for you. " I said climbing the steps.

" What surprise? " She asked.

" You'll see soon, it's in your bedroom. " I replied smiling.

She went upstairs probably running and dashed in. 

.....

Rose's POV

I was very excited for the surprise. I ran towards my room. I found a big carton placed on the bed. I cut the seal with a scissor kept in the side drawer.

There were few items in the carton. I carefully drag them out and spread them on the floor. There was a brand new mobile phone, a headset with mic, a wireless headphone, a light weight and latest laptop with all its accessories, a VR headset and few other devices.

" Do you like it? " Papa asked from the door.

" I love it. Thanks, papa. " I said, hugging him.

" I love you, princess. " He said, patting my shoulder.

" I love you too, papa. " I replied.

He kissed on my head and left the room. I cleared my bed and assembled the room, placing the laptop on the study table, headset and headphone in the closet with other items. I lied on my front on the bed and switched on the phone. I fitted the sim in the socket. I dive in the pool of exciting features and surf there for hours. I heard the knock on the door. 

" Yes. " I said.

Margaret comes in.

" Dinner is ready, Rose. " She informed me.

I check for the time. It was forty five past eight. Oh God! I was so lost in the phone that I didn't recognize the time. Margret was still waiting for my answer.

" I'll be there in fifteen. " I replied.

She nodded and left. I hurriedly stood up and took a quick bath. I changed into jammies and went down. Papa was waiting at the table.

" Sorry, I got late. " I said, sliding the chair to sit.

" What takes you so long? " Papa asked.

" I got lost on the phone. " I answered.

" That's not good for your health. I left you about two and half hours ago! " He was concerned for me.

" I know, it won't happen again. I promise. " I said low headed.

" Better. " He replied.

Meanwhile Margret comes and serves the food. What a timing Margret! We ate in silence. The dessert was served last.

" Sleep well and no more phone calls. " He said, cleaning his hands.

" Sure, papa. " I replied.

" You better take full rest because the workload will increase day by day. You need to keep up with it while managing your health. " He advised.

" I'll take care of it. Don't worry much about me. I'll be fine. " I replied.

He smiled at last and we both left for our respective rooms. I took a last look at the phone, locked it and placed it on the side table. I switched off the lamp and closed my eyes. My eyes were tired so my body. I soon fall asleep.