Chapter 22

Violet's POV

We were in the middle of the way when our car tyre got punctured. The driver stepped out. He apologized for it and started to change the tyre. I heard a gunshot. We both scream and I step out of the car. I looked around for the driver, but he was not there. No one else was there. We were in the middle of the highway, no one usually passed through it. I got really scared. Before I could understand anything, I heard another gunshot. My left arm started to bleed. I was numb to feel the pain. I was confused. Emma was still in the car. I went towards the driving seat and opened the door. 

I was about to start the car when I heard Emma screaming. A group of people coming towards us with guns in their hands. They circled the car. Emma bends down to hide beneath the seat. They were all wearing the masks. My vision started to get blurred due to bleeding. I feel dizzy. My eyes were closed. I felt like earth rolling. I started to feel extreme heat. My face was burning. My whole life went through my eyes like a short film. Mom, Dad, uncle Joseph, Adam, Nina, everyone's image came in front of me.

I can still hear firing, shouting, explosions, burning of cars. Someone calling my name. I was half out of the inverted car. Soon everything stops. Everything black outs. I fall asleep.

.....

I was lying on the bed. Lights were flashing my eyes. I can't feel anything. I just sense someone calling Jade. Tears escaped my eyes. 

" How's she doing? "

" She'll be fine. "

I don't know who was talking. I can't open my eyes. I heard the clapping of the door and someone coming in.

" How are you now? " A female voice asked.

" Fine. " I mostly whisper.

" You'll be all good after taking some rest. " She said and left.

I tried to move. The bomb of pain hit me. I fall asleep again due to pain.

.....

I could fill dim light on my face. I tried to move, but I couldn't. The pain was light this time. I tried to feel my palms and finger. I left them up and pulled it near to the face. My face was plastered. I heard the door clapping again. I can hear the click and clack sound of heels.

" Good morning, girl. " The same female voice said.

" Where am I? " I was scared.

" You are at the Countess Of Chester Hospital, England. I am Dr. Williams. " She said.

" What happens to me? Who brought me here? " I was freaking out hearing myself in England.

" Don't get panic. You are safe. " She said pressing my arms sidewards.

I tried to free myself, But she was strong. Soon I felt a needle injecting my right arm. I started to feel dizzy again. I fall asleep.

.....

The beeping sound of the machine stabs my head. I try to open my eyes. Bundle of rays hit my eyeball. It took me a few seconds to get used to it. The room was elegant. Drapes were moving along the breeze. I was tied in pipes connected to the machine. My left arm still aches a little. It was also plastered. I tried to wake up. I was out of energy. At the instant, a lady with a long white coat comes in.

" Who are you? " I asked.

" Calm down, girl. I am Dr. Williams. I talked to you earlier, remember? " She replied.

" Who brought me here? Where are others? " I asked.

" They are waiting outside for you. I'll just have a check on you and will send them in. " She said, examining me.

She wrote something on the report hanging beside my bed and went out. After a minute a man enters the. He was wearing a black coat. I know that I knew this guy, but can't remember his name.

" Who are you? What are you doing here? " I was really scared.

" Didn't recognize me Jade? " He asked.

" No. Who are you? My name is not Jade. I'm Violet Martin. " I replied.

" I'm your father's best friend. I worked under him. " He said.

" What do you want from me? " I said thinking of how to escape from here.

" Don't be scared of me. I won't harm you. I saved your life that day and brought you here. " He said, adjusting himself on the side chair.

" Who the hell are you? What's going on? " I almost shouted.

" I'm David Powell. I'm the one who was calling you. " He said.

" Who did that attack? " I asked.

" Wesleys. " He replied.

" Where's Emma? And our driver? " I asked impatiently.

" They both are no more. " He said in a low voice.

" What? This can't be true. " I was shocked.

My heart starts to hurt. Why do they kill them? What wrong they have done? Why am I alive? 

" Please handle yourself. You need to be strong. " He held my hand.

I cried a lot when he left me alone. Few minutes later, my sobs started to calm down. My heart was torn in pieces. I was not ready for this. Again I lost someone when everything was going well around me. Why does this happen to me everytime? Why, God? Why?

.....

 Dr. Williams entered the room and examined me. She asked me a few questions about my pain meter, my senses and bones. She again wrote something on the report.

" What time is it? " I asked.

" It's quarter past six. " She replied.

" How long have I been here? " I asked.

" You were brought here around two months ago. We did the surgery and you went into a coma. " She answered.

" Two months? What surgery? " I was shocked.

" Yes, your face surgery. Your face was totally damaged by the fire. Fortunately your other organs were safe. You had burnts all over the body, but we took care of it. Your left arm is still healing. " She gave another shock!

" What! I want to see myself. " I ordered.

" Sure. I'll take you to the restroom. " She said.

She helped me wake up. I put my right arm around her for support. We slowly walked towards the restroom. She closed the door behind me once I was in. I look in the mirror. I couldn't recognize myself. My whole face was changed. I lost my blue eyes too. They were green now. I massaged my face to feel it with my hand. My eyes filled with tears. I took the one piece I was wearing off. My back has light marks of stiches. My legs too. There was a long scar on my stomach. 

What's wrong with me? I can't recognize myself. The person in the mirror is totally different.

" Hey, are you okay? " She asked from behind the door.

" Yah. Just a minute. " I said.

I came out of the restroom.

" Do you like your new face? " She asked smiling.

" I need to go back. " I said looking on the floor.

" You still need to rest. " She replied.

" I said I want to go. Now. " It was more of an order than a request.

" Please, lie back on the bed. " She said.

" No. I'm going back. " I shout.

I turned towards the door. She pulls me back. She was stronger than me. 

" Let me go. Leave. " I said.

Soon a few nurses came in and laid me on the bed. I again got an injection and fell asleep.