Chapter 27

Rose's POV

We are on the twentieth floor. It must be the busiest floor of the building! It was full of employees. Maybe around thirty to thirty five!

" This way please. " Dax led me.

" Sure. " I replied.

He opened the door of the Finance Department. I was behind him.

" Rose, this is Claire Barnes, head of the Finance Department. Claire, this is Rose Woodland, our new boss. " Dax introduced both of us.

" Nice to meet you rose. " Claire shakes hands.

" Same here. " I replied.

" Noah. " A black haired man nodded. " Nathan. " Might be an intern. " Peyton. " Woman in tight suit.

" Nice to meet you all. " I said.

" Nice to meet you too. " All replied together.

" We shall take a leave now. Let's go. " Dax said.

" Sure. Where next? " I asked after exiting the office.

" How about the Production Department? " He suggested.

" Cool. " I replied.

We were again in the lift. The lift stops at twenty fifth floor. He gestures to me to walk forward. I smiled and walk ahead. He led me to the Production Department.

" This is the most babbling area. It's never quiet! " Dax said smiling.

I can hear voices from ten steps far from the door. It is a little noisy! He opens the door. There were around ten employees, some on the phone, some skimming papers, some collecting the papers. 

" Hello everyone. May I have your attention please. " Dax shouted. " I would like you to introduce Rose Woodland, our new boss. " He introduced me.

" Hello everyone. " I said, waving my hand.

A young man with a bouquet of roses came forward and presented it to me.

" Hey, Rose. Welcome to Agro Land. " He said.

" Thank you. " I took the bouquet.

" I'm Vincent Bell, Vin in short, head of the Production Department. This is my team. " He said, pointing to others.

" Nice to meet you, Vin. " I said smiling.

" This is Mariah, Camila, Robert, Melanie, Hudson, Antonio, Joel, Alice, Valentina, Catherine. " Vin introduced everyone.

" Nice to meet you all. " I said.

" Same here. " Vin replied.

" We shall move on. " Dax butted in from the door.

" Sure. " I turned back and headed to exit.

Dax opens the door.

" Next, Marketing  Department. " He said.

He pushes twenty eight. The door opens instantly.

" This is the most crafty and materialistic floor. " He said laughing.

I can see what he says. The posters were hanging from the ceiling. The colours were bright. As I enter the office, everyone welcomes me with bouquets of roses.

" Thank you, everyone. " I said collecting the flowers. 

My hand was full of flowers. I put them aside on the table.

" Hi, I'm Mark Torres, known as MT, head of Marketing Department. " Mark introduced himself.

" Hey, MT. " I replied.

He was in a great hurry to introduce others. Everyone laughs at his instincts. He was quite humorous. I met Ashley, Sebastian, Eva, Eric, Nicole, Victor and Skylar.

" Where's next? " I asked when the lift closed.

" You really liked it here. You're getting excited. " He said smiling.

" Yah. " I replied.

The lift stops at the thirtieth floor.

" Transportation Sector. " Dax said.

Dax led me to the office. It was quiet. Dax coughs intentionally to grab everyone's attention.

" I would like to present our new boss, Rose Woodland. " He says aloud.

" Hello, everyone. " I said with a bright smile.

Everyone smiles in reply. A man in black suit came forward and stood opposite to me.

" Rose, meet Gage Foster, head of the Transportation Sector. " Dax introduced him.

" Hello, Gage. Nice to meet you. " I raised my hand to shake.

" Nice to meet you too. " Gage shakes firmly. " I would like to introduce my team. " He said pointing towards others.

He introduced everyone. Chloe, Lucas, Leah, Jenna, Jose, Bryson, Jeremy, Valerie and Daisy.     

" We shall move. " Dax suggested. 

I nodded and followed him to the lift.

" Now where? " I asked.

" Cafeteria. " He replied.

" What? " I didn't get him.

" Lets just take a break. It's already lunch time. " He said smiling.

I look at the digital clock. It shows one. I release a breath and we both burst into laughter. Cafeteria was on the ground floor.

Dax pulls the chair for me at the centre of the cafeteria.

" Thanks. " I said.

" You're welcome. What would you like to have? " He asked.

" Cold coffee would be fine. " I replied.

" I'll be back in a minute. " Dax said.

He went to the counter and came back with our orders. Soon it started to get filled with others. We finished our lunch and headed back to the Main Office.