Chapter 9

Violet's POV

I wake up at the sound of alarm at six. The morning was bright. I knew this morning would change my whole life. The room was warm. Sun rays were scattering through drapes. The scent of flowers makes me stand up. I inhaled deeply at the window. I felt fresh. I got freshened up and went down to see dad reading the news. 

" Dad used to do that. " I said leaning against the wall.

" Good morning, did you sleep well? " He asked.

" Good morning, yah I had a good sleep. " Replied.

" Are you ready? " He asked.

" Yah, I thought so. " I replied.

" Come on, breakfast is ready. " He said.

I sat on the table waiting for my breakfast.

" Do you love anyone? I mean any woman in your life? " I asked curiously.

" Nah, not yet. " He replied by putting my plate in front of me.

" Thanks. " I said.

" You're welcome. " He replied.

We had our breakfast and loaded our luggage in his car. I went inside to have a last look at the home. Different memories flashed through my mind as I walked around. 

" Come on, let's go. " He waved his hand in the air to come inside the car.

I Locked the house and sat beside him in the front seat. The drive to the airport was silent. All the memories of this city, of my friends, started to flood in my mind. I smiled inside.

" Why are you smiling? " He asked himself, smiling.

" Just a few memories of past clicks in my mind. '' I replied.

" It's good that you are taking good memories with you. I was afraid, if you deny to come with me. " He says honestly.

" I would never do that. " I said.

.....

We finally landed in Washington D.C. around eight in the evening. I was having neck pain due to sitting for a long time. I was massaging myself when dad took my hand off and gave me a massage.

" Thanks, it helps a lot. " I thanked him, smiling.

" It's okay Violet. Come our car must be waiting outside. " He said.

I nodded. We walked out of the airport, taking our luggage. I saw a butler with dad's name. I pointed at him and we walked towards the exit. The butler nodded at us and led us to the car. My eyes open wide seeing the car. It was a luxurious sports car.

" I don't know, you were a richie rich. " I said in surprise.

" I like to live simply. But this all is not mine, it's all your Dad's, now yours. " He said smiling.

" The car is beautiful. " I was amazed.

" Thanks. It will be yours when you get a license. " He left out a laugh.

" Thanks. " I replied.

" Come on, you must be tired now. Let's head to the home. " He slipped inside the car.

The butler opens the door for me. I mouthed him thank you and sat inside. My jaw just dropped down when I saw the mansion. The doors were automatic, Martins was written in big art at the gate and at the centre of the mansion.

" This is amazing. It's beautiful. " I find it difficult to describe it.

" I am glad you like it. " He said.

There was a big garden all around the mansion adding beauty to it. The scent of flowers was refreshing and light.

The inner side was magnificent. All artwork was finally done like a royal. White elegant colour makes it breathtaking.

A lady in her late forties welcomed us.

" Violet, she is our head maid Nina. She'll take care of you. " He introduced me to her.

" Welcome to Washington D.C Ms. Martins. Please be comfortable here. Come, I'll show you your room. " She was sweet.

Another servant follows me and Nina with my bag to my room. My room was upstairs. The room was huge. Around three times my previous room. The decorations were delicate and seemed royal. Everything was in white and golden. The bathroom was far much more breathtaking than I assumed. It has four sinks in line. A big bathtub, around five to six people can take a bath in it together. I went near bed. It was soft. The cushions were also soft and fluffy. I quickly changed and lied on the bed. Sleep captured me soon and I fell asleep.