Chapter 14

Violet's POV

" Come in. " A deep voice came from inside.

I slowly opened the door and took two steps inside. The flooring was elegant, there were banners on the wall, it was a well furnished office and the thing that caught my eyes was trophies kept in the showcase. There were many awards kept within the shelves. I couldn't control my jaw from dropping on the floor!

There was a man sitting on the office chair behind a huge desk. It was well organized. Everything kept in perfect order.

" Please have a seat. " He said.

" Thank you, sir. " I hesitantly sat on the chair.

" How may I help you? " He asked politely.

" Sir, I am here for an admission. " I said slowly.

" Do you need an admission? " He asked jokingly.

" Yes, sir. I want to enroll myself in this university. " I replied.

" Really! Who are you? And why should we enroll you here? " He asked, surprised.

 " Sir, my name is Violet Martin. I am fourteen years old. I completed my graduation from The George Washington University School Of Business this year. I would like to enroll in Harvard University for my masters. " I answered calmly.

" Are you a graduate in this small age! I can't believe that. " He was clearly shocked.

I handed him my certificate of graduation.

" Yes, sir. I am a little early to do that. " I said easing the tension.

" Then your parents should have come here for all the other formalities. I would like to talk to them. " He said, still analyzing the certificate.

" I have no one in my life. My dad died due to a heart stroke last week. " My eyes were watery and a tear fell on my dorsal.

" I am sorry for your loss. How may I help you? " He said.

" I have been home schooling since birth. Even during graduation I study from home and give online exams. I would like to do the same here if it's possible? " I suggested.

" You are a gem. It would be our pleasure to have you over here. " He said.

" Thank you. " I replied.

" But there's one problem. " I said, shifting a little back in my chair.

" What problem, sir? " I asked.

" You'll attend the classes. I mean you need to come to the university as other students. " He said.

" Sorry, sir. But that's not possible. I have always been alone and I don't think I would fit in with others. They would also not like a teen around them. " I was a little scared at the thought.

" Why not? Try it. " He said excitedly. 

" Sorry, sir. But it's my request to allow me to study from home. I can make a good percentage. " I requested.

" I would enroll you on one condition. Join as a regular student. " He said firmly.

" I can't. " I denied.

" See, I would like to talk straight to you. You are a very clever girl. I am lucky that you show up here. I can help. In favor of that, you help me. " He said.

" Sorry, I didn't get you? " I was a little confused.

" Okay. Let me come straight to the point. If you join our university as a regular student, attend classes with others, you'll get fame. And your fame is our fame. It would level us up. You're the diamond of the country. We can help you polishing up! We can give you a scholarship if you want... " He suggested.

" I... " I find it difficult to find the words.

" Look, we'll take care of everything. I promise you, you'll have no problem here. Students here are of around twenty four, big enough and matured. You'll like it. " He said smiling.

" That's only the problem, sir. " I pointed out.

" Please come again? " He asked.

" Hmm... I have never been out in public. I am an introvert. I have speech anxiety, I don't think it's a good idea. " I was not at all in favour of it.

" So, it's a good chance for you to overcome your fear. Hand in hand, it will also help us in getting funds. The people will come to know you. You'll become a celebrity, a star! " He thinks about the possibilities.

" Sir, I am not interested in becoming the star. I just want to fulfill my Dad's wish. He said that I have a special gift from God, my genius mind. And I should use it for good. I am not here for any fame. " I cleared myself.

" Think about it once again. You'll do as your dad wants you to do. After college, you have to face the world. So, why not now? " He said.

He has a point. Sooner or later I had to face it. I need to prepare myself for it. This university can be it. I looked up to the roof, the image of Mom and Dad's appeared, smiling. That's it. I am going to take the risk. He was still waiting for my answer, looking excited.
" Are you sure, sir? It's not a bad idea? " I asked, raising one eyebrow.

" Yes, I am hundred percent. So what do you think? " He asked.

" I would like to enroll in this university as a regular student. " I said smiling.

" That's my girl. You have taken the correct decision and I'll make sure it is. " He said, raising his hand for a shake.

" Thank you, sir. " I shake his hand firmly.

" But, I have my conditions. " I said.

" What are they? " He looked a little disappointed.

" One. No one will push me to do anything against my wish. Two. I can draw back at any time I would like, of course if not comfortable here for a valid reason. " I said in a tone.

" Sure. I'll take care of it. " He replied.

" Where can I get the admission forms to fill? " I asked standing up. 

" Ahh. Don't worry about it. I'll take care of it. You can join from tomorrow, If you can. " He suggested.

" Sure. " I said with low confidence.

" Thank you for agreeing with me. " He said happily.

" It's my pleasure to meet you. And thank you for building confidence in me. " I was being honest.

" You are the age of my daughter lily. You have my full support. " He said.

I smile and turn to leave his office. Meanwhile he makes a call. I closed the door at my back and looked into my hands. Here! Your new adventure begins, Violet. Oh! God, I forget to ask his name! What a silly thing to do! I bring the file near my chest and hold it tight for a few seconds.

I went downstairs. I was smiling and also confused. I know I can't back off now... But am I doing it right? Dean was also right about me confronting the world one day! Oh God, there's still a lot coming for me. I don't know how I 'm going to blend in with these adults. I might be intelligent and have their IQ level, but I am still a tee from heart. I had my fears. Homeschooling and keeping my identity hidden make it worse. 

I was lost in my thoughts. I didn't realise that I was smiling all the way to the car because I got admission in one of the finest colleges for business management and accounting! I was a little frightened, but more happy. I knew I had to face it with my speciality. This is what my parents want, they knew I was special and unique. They wanted me to be prepared for it.

The valet opened the door and we headed to the mansion.