Chapter 23

Violet's POV

I could feel light on my face. I opened my eyes. I was still in the same room. The nurse was moving the drapes aside. She saw me awake and left the room. Soon, Dr. Williams enters with David Powell.

" How are you feeling now? " She asked.

" Fine. I need to go back. Nina needs me. They all need me. " I replied.

Dr. Williams sat at right side while Davis Powell at the left.

" You need to know the truth. " He said holding my hand.

I pull back my hand instantly.

" What truth? " I asked.

" I now work for William Woodland. One of the Wesley brothers. " He answered.

My mind widened. I can't imagine my family's biggest enemy's worker sitting beside me!

" What! Are you going to kill me too? " I was surprised.

" If I would want to, I would kill you very early. " He replied.

" Why are you doing this? What do you want? Please kill me. " I requested crying. " I can't take it anymore. I'm tired of running. " I said.

" No, you're a very brave, intelligent, beautiful and smart child. " He replied.

" I need to go back! " I was really fading.

" Mr. Woodland wants to meet you. " He said.

" I don't. I better die by myself than at the enemy's hand. " I push him back.

" He sent me to your life! " He said, balancing himself on the stool.

" You're ready to discharge now. You're good to go. " Dr. Williams said.

She nodded and left both of us.

" I'll make all the arrangements. You'll soon get hell out of this hospital. " He said and left.

It took me a few minutes to absorb what's going on! So, one of the enemy's brothers saved my life and this man, David Powell, is taking me to him! What a tragic life I had. How would Nina be doing? Does she know that I'm alive? Also Emma is dead? Ohh my God! What pain she might be going through! Emma was so closed to her. A knock on the door brings me out of my thoughts.

" We are ready to go. " He said, opening the door.

" Does Nina know about Emma and me? " I asked hurriedly.

" Umm - she is - she. " He was stammering.

" I asked you a question. Answer me! " It was an order.

" She is no more. She could not handle the news that you both died. "  He said, lowering his head.

" What! " I was shocked.

My heart aches and tears from eyes were not in control. She is dead? Nina is dead! She was the one there always for me. Why do I lose my dear ones everytime something good happens? My throat dried. I was not able to swallow the air. I cried out loud. I screamed in pain. All the pain I was holding in my heart came out. I cried for at least an hour, when I finally drained my energy. I was weak. I couldn't stand by myself.

With his help I sat on the wheel chair. He pushed the chair till we reached out to the car. My eyes were watery all the way. I couldn't see much. I was tired of reacting to anything. My vision got blurred and I fell asleep.

.....

 I open my eyes. I was in a bedroom, the drapes were making sound with breeze. It might be noon. I check the digital alarm kept on the side table. It shows quarter to two. The room was warm, lightened, a dream catcher was hanging at the roof just above my head. It was beautiful. I pull off the cover and land my feet on the carpet. It was furry, soft and felt good. A smile came on my face by itself.

I look around. There were two doors. I opened the right one. It leads me to the dressing. There were many clothes in my closet. I took a shirt and loose jeans. I take a bath and get changed. I opened the door at the left of the room. What I saw next drops my jaw down. I was on the first floor of this small yet beautiful bungalow. It was just a perfect bunglow. With all the fittings, furniture and decorations. 

I hold the railing as I descend the stairs. The red carpet on the stairs makes me feel like a cat walking in a fashion show.

" Ohh, you got up early! Let's eat first. You might be hungry. " A manly voice comes from aside.

" Who are you? " I asked confronting him.

" I'm William Woodland. " He replied.

" You killed my parents! " I shouted.

" No, my brother did. I'm sorry for your loss. " He replied.

" You're going to kill me too? " I stood there still.

" NO! I saved your life. " He replied.

" Why? " I asked.

" I know you have a lot of questions right now, but please eat something first. You need to stay healthy. " He replied.

" I won't eat. I want to go back. How the hell did you bring me here? " I was angry.

" Maids, help her please. " He ordered. 

Soon two maids come and make me sit on the dinner table beside the kitchen. The kitchen was bigger than that of the mansion. I had all the advanced equipment. The dinner table was large, sixteen seater. They keep the plates in front of me. Aroma of food fills my nose. I was hungry. My tummy wants the food. I go against my ego, I gobble up the food. It was delicious.

" It's good. " I said between bites.

" Yah. We had the best cook. " He replied.

He ates with me silently. Maids brought warm lemon water to wash hands. I wipe my hands.

" We need to talk. " He said.

" We better should. " I replied.

He smiled. I was calm by now. I need to end this as soon as possible.