Chapter 20

Violet's POV

I am back at the mansion. I lied on the couch spreading my legs on the centre table. I took off my academic regalia. I took a sip of pineapple juice and closed my eyes. I lowered my head back and fell back to memories. Four years! Four long years! I am eighteen now and had my masters diploma. I was nearly going thirteen to fourteen years ahead of everyone. A whole generation gap! A knock on the door brings me out of my thoughts.

" Come in. " I said

" Dear, there are reporters waiting for you. " Nina informed me.

" I'll be there in five. " I replied.

She nodded and left. Oh God! Not again. I went downstairs to the lobby where they were waiting. As soon as I came in front of them, the flashes burned my eyes and a ton of questions fell on me. Nina and other workers assemble them back.

" What's your next step? " One of them asked.

" I possibly start my own business. " I replied.

" Ms. Martin, you're the youngest diploma holder person. You would like to say anything about it? " Another asked.

" I am proud of myself, of my country. I would like to return back whatever this country has given to me. I'll do my best to serve this land. " I replied confidently.

" Do you have boyfriends? " Another reporter asked.

" No, not yet. " I replied.

" What business will you start next? " Someone asked.

" It's not decided yet. " I replied.

Just then my phone beeps. I saw an unknown number on the screen. I cut the call and faced back to the reporters.

" Would you like to share your experiences with others to get them inspired? " One asked.

" I had a great time at university. I made many friends. As you all know, due to my talent, I have never been around my age group. I was scared at the beginning for joining the university, but people over there were very supportive, helping and caring. I enjoyed it a lot. " I replied. " That's it for now. Thank you very much. " I said and turned back.

" Ms. Martin. " " Ms. Martin. " they cried out loud. I didn't turn back and directly headed towards my room. I got changed and fell asleep.

I woke up in the morning. I did my chores and went to the library. I scroll down insta, I was everywhere. I switch on the television. My photo of graduation day was going viral. showed on every news channel. I smiled. I am used to it now. It was all normal for me.

I understand the value of publicity as maturity hits me. I am taller and healthier than others of my age group. My body has perfect curves. My chest got wider and my waist got slimmer. My hair grows long with high volume till my waist. I just love my hair. They were beautiful, black coloured. All call me now beauty with brains. I am not praising myself, but just mirroring myself.

I thought of business now. I can start a hotel chain. Washington had many hotels and resorts but not the luxurious one. It's a good idea. I'll work on it. My phone again beeps. This time it was the message in our friends group from Olivia. She sent a sad emoji. I smiled and locked it back.

I called Michael and set a meeting with him in the evening regarding my idea. As my call ended, I got another call from the same unknown number. This is going scary. I denied it and started reading the novel.

I just love reading. Since this many years, I never get bored of it. I ordered a new stock of novels last month. Most of my time I spent here after completing my studies for the particular day.

.....

" How's your granddaughter Emma now? " I asked, slicing the cake.

" All good. She'll be here by tomorrow morning. " She replied.

" How's her studies going on? " I asked.

" All good. " She replied.

I nodded and continued with my lunch. I went to the gym which was on the ground floor only. I did extreme workouts every time to keep myself in shape. And it helps too. I checked my phone. It shows half past four. Only half an hour left to the meeting with Michael.

I went to my room. Take a quick bath and go downstairs again.

" Any updates? " I asked sitting opposite him.

" Yah, I look for the places where you can build the hotels. They are not much far from here. They had beautiful scenery, which will be the attraction point of the hotels. " He slides some pictures on the table.

" These look nice. " They were awesome.

" So, should I work on it? " He asked.

" First I would like to examine it myself. Make all the arrangements, hire the best architecture, interior designer and huge workforce. " I ordered.

" Yes, Ms. Martin. I'll keep you updated. " He said.

" Make all the arrangements as fast as possible. You can leave now. " I said.

" Sure. Thank you. " He replied and left.

I leaned back on the chair, resting my head on it. Mom and Dad must be proud of me right now. I love you both a lot. I was happy that I am going to start my own business now. I was feeling very proud of myself. Now I'll live the life as I wished for so long. A business woman! I can't wait for it. I am so excited for my future. You're doing great V! Keep it up.