midzy

(07-07-19)

RYU POV

during 'Dalla Dalla', we gained a lot of fans, not just here in Sokor, our international fans increased. promotion after promotion, activity after activity, with every performance or appearance on tv, even with a single post on our sns accounts, they were there for us.

we're grateful for our fans, really. they anticipated us with every teaser, some even waited from pre-debut, each one of them are appreciated deeply by us. we wouldn't be here if it weren't for them, people that are by our side to support and watch us grow in all aspects.

with 'Dalla Dalla', we earned a triple crown. it was beyond amazing. when we debuted, we hoped to win of course, despite being a rookie. and we did, our first win happened. we were so happy that we all cried, maybe some of us didn't at the show but at the dorm? we did.

Yeji unnie surely didn't cry on tv, she always put up a strong image, a leader indeed. but when it's just us or me, she's Yeddeong, my one and only, the love of my life. she is a baby, she cried while cuddling with me before we go to sleep. it was tears of joy, pure and genuine.

as time passes by, we're getting more and more recognized. if we've had our doubts and worries of becoming a 'flop' during pre-debut, we're past that now. a title of 'Monster Rookies' was given to us and by that it only means we have nothing to worry about besides working harder everytime to uphold to that title and hopefully surpass or make records soon in our career.

this must be so ambitious for us to hope for when we we're not even a year old group yet, but nothing is impossible if u work hard to deserve it.

so yeah, because we appreciate and love our fans so much, we finally have a name for them! they've always wanted a fandom name and some even had theories on Twitter about it.

we've decided for it to be 'Midzy', it originated from a korean word 'midji' (믿어), meaning to trust or believe. we'll call them that from now on once manager unnie or one of our staffs post it on Twitter for them to finally acquire their name.

by calling them that, it only means that Midzy can trust us and we Itzy will trust them in return. it's simple and wholesome, just the way we like it.

also, we tried to make it related to us by adding 'zy' at the end. i bet we'll do the same in the future with a project or something.

speaking of project, we're having a comeback by late July. so announcing the fandom name is actually nice 'cause they'll be hyping and waiting for us more as Midzys. our beloved Midzys.

we're coming back with a new song called 'Icy'. of course, there is an album, a mini one. it contains 5 songs: Icy, Cherry, IT'z Summer, Dalla Dalla Remix, and Want It Remix. yep, the last 2 songs are just remixes but they will be used soon. it's a secret, Midzys will just have to wait and see.

if Dalla Dalla were Yeji unnie's era based on netizens and fans comments, then i agree. Yeddeong is really different from others, her growing up can relate to the songs lyrics. just take her eyes as example, kids got intimidated by her eyes easily therefore not seeing the bright sunny smile she has, she even disliked her eyes for it. but now, she loves it 'cause everyone loves it as well for how beautiful they really are.

this time, i think it's Yuna's era. she is like the embodiment of Icy, 'cause people have told her to not pursue this and just focus on studies alone to have a 'normal' life. but no, Yuna became an idol, an Itzy member, our very own maknae.

Icy is a song that tells u not to listen or give care to what others say. not that u won't listen to them at all, u have to sometimes, opinions matter at some point. but we're just saying that when u're decided, u know what ur path or dream really is, go for it and don't let others get in the way to affect u negatively and get discouraged.

it's different from Dalla Dalla wherein it teaches u to embrace urself because u are u. u are unique and perfect in ur own way, no matter what.

Cherry is connected to Icy. it basically says to people to let u go and do things ur way instead of making u be the same as them and make u fit into something u don't belong or u don't deserve 'cause u know what u want and what is for u.

IT'z Summer on the other hand is a song that will make u just enjoy and vibe to it. it's literally about summer, how u can enjoy it and make it count to the fullest. it's just letting urself free and happy.

we really like these songs and yes, all of them have dance choreographies. but of course, not all of them will be released or performed on the usual promotion period. they'll just be shown at special performances, especially Cherry. but we'll probably release dance practices of it, depends.

that's all i have to say about the comeback, the rest is for ours to keep for the meantime. of course behind the scenes episodes will be uploaded soon, but it's all secret as of now.

so i guess that's all for today, please wait a little more Midzys. ur 'Monster Rookies' are coming back soon with new songs and a better performance. Itzy Fighting, Midzy Saranghae!