backhug

(next day)

YEJI POV

inside a solo dorm, lies a peaceful asleep dreamer. the dazzling sun was up showering half of the world with it's friendly warmth. it was a beautiful morning, rather exciting to the sleeping beauty. the beeping sound of an alarm clock was heard throughout the room as it was time for the latter to wake up and start her first official day as a trainee. as much as exciting it is, it's also that anxious for her. soon enough, our girl woke up and started her day.

"beep beep beep beep" sounds emitted throughout the room which stopped right away as Yeji shut it off with it's button.

as soon as i shut off my alarm, i stood up to fix my bed. i'm doing my everyday morning routine at the moment, consisting of fixing my bed, stretching for a bit, tying my hair up in a bun, washing up to fully wake up my body, and picking my ootd.

i got out of the bathroom and i'm thinking of wearing a combo of a white t-shirt under a yellow white-striped pull over and black sweatpants along with a pair each of white nike socks and sneaks. i dried my hair and let it down, applied a light makeup then head out for breakfast.

i'm at JYP's cafeteria, they say food is good here so i wanna see it myself. i'm eyeing the food selections and i'm happy to see how appetizing they look. i grabbed a tray and started choosing. i got myself some rice, kimchi stew, fish cake, and chocolate milk. i maybe eating a lot, but i need it to have energy for my first day. well, people were right about the food, it's delicious!

i finished eating and bowed to the employees in the cafeteria as i leave. i opened my phone and looked at my schedule of activities. it seems like i'm having my first vocal lesson this morning and dance lessons for the afternoon and a mini skill evaluation later a night. i'm walking towards the vocal room for my first class as a trainee and i'm feeling nervous all of a sudden. i just hope that i'll do good. Yeji, Fighting!

i finished my morning class and now heading to eat at this cafe near the company that i've been seeing but never really go to. i wonder what kind of food and beverages they serve, hmm.

i arrived in front of the cafe, it was a 5-10 min. walk from JYP. the sign read- Danbam, i enter and i was welcomed with a warm cozy ambiance of the place. i just walked in and i'm liking this place already. i find their menu and read that their mocha varieties are the ace of Danbam. i'm curious of their mocha so i ordered a frappe of it and an ala carte carbonara with a go-bag of mocha bread to try later on. my order is taken by the girl named Jo Yi-Seo, she looks tough but has this nice smile complimenting her baby face.

"i haven't seen you here before, new trainee?" Yi-seo asked as she process my order on the cash register making me quite shocked.

"uh yeah, it's my first time here. i'm a new trainee, how'd you know?" I asked innocently.

" HAHA you're adorable, perfect for my friend. JYP trainees come here often so i know one when i see one. hope you enjoy your time here and come often too." she said as she hands my receipt and cueing me to wait for my order at a table making me nod with a smile.

i'm currently waiting for my order so i browsed my social media accs. to avoid boredom. as i'm scrolling through my feed, i remember the chat i had last midnight with Ryujin. i don't know why, but somehow i feel safe with her words and okay with her hugging me today when she sees me. although i was startled a bit by the hug and the whole random chat from her, i'm great.

my order was served by Yi-seo herself and we had a small talk before she came back to her station. she told me that she'd like to befriend me and asked my name. i agreed befriending her and gave my name and just like that i've gained a friend.

i started eating my lunch and saved the mocha frappe for later after eating. the food is so good, it's made with passion to say the least, knowing now why JYP trainees come here often. the food is heartwarming to the point that i eat slower than usual just to savor it. i'll definitely be one of those trainees to come.

"oops, it's almost time for my dance class! i can't be late, i love dancing!" I rambled as i saw the time- 12:40 pm. i'll still make it but i like to be early always so.

"hey Yi-seo, i'll go ahead. i'll be late, food is amazing and thank you!" i quickly said and ran back to JYP.

"aish, if only Ryujin was here to meet her. i just met the other half of the resemblance. may the night and light furys meet." Yi-seo commented as Yeji literally dashed through the doors back to JYP.

i'm panting as soon as i got here in JYP, i still have 15 mins. before class. so i'll just freshen up at the girls' bathroom. i'm currently fixing my hair and was about to leave when i heard a familiar voice entering the bathroom. it's Chaeryeong, i met her yesterday at the orientation. she's nice and we became friends after our short convo before we parted ways last night.

"Chae!" I called and attempted to hug her but she beat me to it.

"omo, Yeji unnie!" she looks delighted to see me and hugged me afterwards.

"unnie, don't you have class in 10 mins.?"

"yes i do. but don't you also?"

"i have dance in 10 mins. and later in the evening. i thought you said your having dance today, when is it?

"same as yours, actually. just like what i said last night, but i didn't think that we'd have same scheds." I said as we finish fixing ourselves in front of the mirror.

"unnie, i want you to meet a friend of mine. she was supposed to meet you too last night, unfortunately she felt ill."

"aw, it's alright Chae. i'll get to meet her soon, don't worry." i assured her then we headed to the dance room whil talking about TWICE sunbaenim's songs. we are ONCEs after all.

dancing really is my passion ever since. it started as a hobby at first, but found myself loving it and it got me here in JYP as a trainee and soon to be an idol hopefully.

it was fun learning the proper stance and other essentials like techniques or genres of dance. my anxiety for the day really left me and brought happiness to me instead. all of us were instructed to practice dancing to a song we choose and perform it individually in front of other trainees. i chose to dance to GOT7 sunbaenim's "Hard Carry".

in the midst of my practice, i felt a pair of arms secured around my waist. SOMEONE BACKHUGGED ME. IS THIS RYUJIN? OMO OMO OMO! i looked down at her arms, held hers and went blank. i frozed. then, i looked back to see her for the first time. there i was, looking at her REALLY REALLY PRETTY face. suddenly, i got to hear her voice for the first time-

"unnie, you're so pretty!" Ryujin said smiling so adorably with her whisker like dimples while hugging me and neither of us breaking eye contact.

"you're Ryujin?" I asked almost stuttering, suddenly my heart is racing and i don't know why.

"yes." she answered cutely as she nods excitedly.

we broke contact as soon as our teacher said to sit down and watch the others 'til we're called out to perform.

"jinjja, yeppeuda." I said to myself while i process everything as i seat and her going to the other side of the room.

Shin Ryujin, what did you just do to me?