a start of something new

~fast forward~

it's been a good few months for Ryujin since GOT7-day happened. but the life changing moment is today, unknown to her knowledge.

it was a weekend, saturday perhaps. it was the day you're supposed to be sleeping in as much as you want, just chilling in your house and taking a break. this is the classic routine for everyone on weekends, especially for Ryujin who's an introvert. peacefully sleeping and not being bothered by an alarm clock is the typical weekend morning for her, hence the following happenings are annoyingly shocking.

"beep beep beep beep" non-stop sounds emitted from Ryujin's phone until she looked at it. it was an unregistered number, been calling her for a few times now.

"who could this be? this better be important than finding out the girl in my dreams." she groggily said before she answered the call.

"hello?"

"hi, good day! is this Ms. Shin Ryujin?" the caller asked.

"yes, may i know why?"

"oh good, we've been trying to reach you for quite a few times. i apologize for you must be busy, but this is very important." the caller stated before continuing

"i am Park Jinsoung, secretary at JYP ent. we would like to talk to you in person to discuss some matters. is it possible for you to come here, so i can arrange your appointment with JYP pd-nim?" the secretary asked.

Ryujin was still sleepy and the conversation isn't fully synced to her head, making her feel dizzy and blank.

"hello?" the secretary called out.

"ah- yes, sorry. can i come around 1pm?" she asked as she checked the time at the wall clock above her headboard- 9:30 am.

"alright Ms. Shin, we'll be expecting you. thank you for your time, have a good day!" the secretary said as she ended the call.

that's when it hit her, JYP pd-nim wants to talk to her about something. she couldn't believe it, it was beyond reality. it's like she's in a dream and it's making her anxious, but excited nonetheless.

Ryujin was once again dashing through the bathroom to freshen up. it was a total chaos in her mind, like- what does JYP want to do with her?

then she thought of the fanmeet.

"don't tell me dancing with GOT7 caused trouble or anything bad?"

but JYP is nice, i'm not gonna get scolded or anything right? it was just a dance." she rambled almost like a rap due to the fact that JYP is no joke.

"it's just JYP...just the person who produced most of my idols, not a big thing." she said, calming a bit. then she realized what she said, "AISHHHH, ARE YOU CRAZY SHIN RYUJIN?" she mused to herself and smacked her head.

"maybe it's just because of the crazy things happening lately." she softly said as she finished washing up and proceeded to choose clothes.
outfit selection for an important person makes her more anxious than ever.

she finally chose to wear a pair of black skinny pants and a plaid gray blazer over a black top, finishing the look with a pair of black boots and a simple yet stylish necklace while letting her hair down

she finally chose to wear a pair of black skinny pants and a plaid gray blazer over a black top, finishing the look with a pair of black boots and a simple yet stylish necklace while letting her hair down. she's portraying a formal yet cool style of clothing easily, due to her natural visuals and fashion sense. in short, Ryujin slays.

"wow, i look nice. intimidating to the least HAHAHA." she said while checking her appearance in the mirror, giggling adorably for a bit.

it was a bit late for breakfast and a little early for lunch by the time Ryujin left her house, decided to come back to her new favorite place (Danbam). she ordered an iced mocha latte with a side of avocado toast and poached eggs, and a take-out bag of delicious mocha bread. it was a good brunch for her, balanced and healthy.

as soon as her food arrived, Ryujin began eating while scrolling through her feed on both Instagram and Twitter. it was around 12 pm when she finished her brunch, considering that she left home at about 11. she thought it was still early as her appointment wasn't until 1 pm, then continued on her phone.

12:30pm came and Ryujin was nervous in an instant to meet up with JYP, but she couldn't take it anymore and just went to the agency.

arriving at the lobby of JYP ent. itself, she fixed her outfit and was able to take in the architectural structure of the building for the first time. since she wasn't able to do so, the last time she was there. feeling satisfied with her looks and all, she went to the front desk.

"hi, good afternoon. i'm Shin Ryujin and i have an appointment with JYP pd-nim at 1 pm, is it possible for me to meet him now?" Ryujin asked politely. 

"good afternoon to you too. well yes Ms. Shin, i'll just notify him regarding your presence. please wait for a moment." the receptionist replied.

soon after, the receptionist confirmed her permission with a smile. Ryujin bowed and went to pd-nim's floor.

reaching the floor or office of JYP himself, she softly knocked on the door and was granted permission to come in, finally seeing each other in person.

"good afternoon pd-nim, Shin Ryujin-imnida." she softly greeted and introduced herself. 

"ah, good afternoon to you too Ryujin-ssi." JYP greeted back and asked "do you have any idea why you're here?"

"i'm thinking that it has something to do with me dancing alongside GOT7 sunbaenims' "Hard Carry"."

"how courteous, u're already calling them sunbaenims." he chuckled, making me feel lighter.

"well, you're about right since your performance awhile back got my attention. that is why, i've decided that i want to scout you for JYP ent. and if you accept, work hard, prove your potential, maybe you'll have your debut as a legit kpop idol like your sunbaenims." JYP briefly stated.

as much as it's hard to balance studies and career at a young age, she just couldn't let this chance go. after all, she is inclined to the idea of being an idol, so why not?

"i'm speechless right now pd-nim, thank you for the opportunity." Ryujin said. 

"i don't think that u'll prove me wrong anyways, so u're welcome. but i do have a question for u, Ryujin-ssi." he stated.

"what is it, pd-nim?" i asked, uncertain of what to feel of his question.

"Ryujin-ssi...are you Team JYP?" he asked.

it instantly made me smile. of course, i am. i adore JYP idols, and this is my chance so why would i mess this up now?

"yes...Team JYP all the way pd-nim!" i smiled.

and just like that, Ryujin the aspiring dreamer got scouted.