surprise

(next day)

RYU POV

with yesterday being tiring for the squad, it also consists of moments that were considered special for the two lovebirds that are still sleeping in their respective beds. the sun is up with it's cloud friend bringing a fair weather for the day. it's nice for couples who'd like to have a date, for families to have a picnic at the park, or even for a bunch of friends who likes going on roadtrips. all in all, it's a great day that should be started right, as they say.

"beep beep beep beep" disturbing the sleeping girl that's too lost in her dreams right now and with the current nuisance still going, our dreamer here finally had enough of the sound.

opening her eyes slowly while yawning softly, she searched the alarm clock's shut off button with her hand reaching for it and not even sparing a galnce since she's still sleepy. the sound getting clearer and louder the more she's awake, she got up from her laying position and sat at the side of her then turned off the device. time check- 6:30am.

normally, her wake up call is 7am but with the girl having a plan in mind since she parted ways with her crush, decided to adjust it 30 mins. earlier.

"yah, i always get disturbed when it's just getting to the good part. it's more than a year already, when will i see her face?" sleepily groaning as she stands up and fixes her bed a bit. with the bed being fixed, she stretched her limbs to avoid any body pain for the day as she tries to completely wake her mind from it's absent state. knowing that it isn't working, she heads to the bathroom to wash up and get ready.

"it's so early, why did my alarm wake me up at 6:30." complaining while i turn on the shower and started applying some lavender scented shampoo to my hair and body wash onto my bath sponge for scrubbing purposes. as i massage my scalp and feeling relaxed, i remembered why i woke up early. i planned to surprise pick-up Yeji this morning for breakfast and walk her to her vocal lessons.

"aish, Shin. you're really forgetful even tho you're smart." scolding myself as i start scrubbing my body and inhaling the lavender scent that made my mind awake and active. i'm almost done here, just gonna rinse the products off my hair and body then i'll get dressed.

dry and out of the bath, i proceed to my closet and choose my outfit. i think i'll wear a simple 3 quarter sleeve baseball tee with my black skinny fit ripped jeans and completing it with a pair of black old skool vans. i started dressing up while i check the time at the wall clock- 7am.

"Yeji's about to wake up by this time, i'll just pick her up at 7:30 so she'll be ready to go out by then." keeping in mind not to lose track of time, i started doing my light makeup and styling my hair a bit messy with my hand running thru it. ending my makeup with my favorite orange tint for my lips and applied it lightly. facing the tall mirror for whole body appearance, i looked at me and smiled because i look damn cute. grabbing my phone, keys, and wallet just in case i buy something, i locked my door before heading to Yeddeong's room.

checking the time on my lock screen as i'm literally about 10 steps from her doorstep, it read- 7:25am. "not bad, you're just 5 mins. early so she should be heading out in a while." arriving at her doorstep, i'm just standing here with my foot on the wall in front of her door. i'm a bit nervous but soon calmed down as i scroll thru my ig feed for Kpop updates as i wait for the latter.

i found a compilation of Kpop point dances like 2 mins. since i stood here and is watching it immersively. not knowing that i'm too focused on remembering it all in my mind, i didn't hear her door opening, 'til she called me.

"R-Ryujin-ah, what are you doing here this early?" confused as she close the door behind her, i regained my composure and walked to her leaving a friendly gap between us.

"waiting for you, wanna have breakfast with me?" smiling at her softly as i take in her baby face that i didn't know i miss seeing 'cause i was literally with her yesterday. also, our outfits kinda match, she's just wearing a plain white tee but she's looks good.

"it's just my 2nd day, Shin. AND you're already doing a lot to be with me." retorting while smugly smiling at me as she emphasized "and", making me reciprocate the smile to her and retorting back of course.

"it's just your second day, Hwang. AND you're already having too many dates with the night fury. be grateful." winking at her before locking her arm with mine and signalling to walk, arm by arm. walking in silence after our small talk, i glance at her and almost giggling by her flustered face. uwu, my Yeddeong lost to me again. payback Yeji-ah, u had me yesterday at Danbam.

reaching the cafeteria, still arm by arm, i hold her hand and turn to her. it's funny that i top between us but i'm smaller than her by a few. with me holding her hand, i felt her flinch then relaxed. she must be startled by me, wrong move. i'll just remove my hand but then i felt her squeeze my hand as she looks at me.

"let's get food now, Ryuddaeng. you have a lot to talk about after, for picking me up unexpectedly." squinting her eyes at me jokingly while smiling before dragging me to the trays and letting go of my hand.

"what are you having, Yeddeong?" grabbing two trays and utensils for the both of us and handing hers while we line up, letting her first like i should be.

"i'm getting some bibimbap, galbitang, kimchi, and corn. oh, can we get mocha lattes at Danbam after we eat, Ryuddaeng? turning to me as her eyes are filled with sparkles and smiling at me adorably. how in the world can i say no to mocha? jk, to her? she's such a baby, ughhh.

"i'll have the same then. yes Yeddeong, so put those eyes away from me." softly giggling at her antics and stopping my self from completely melting while we receive our foods handed to us by the cafeteria crew and bowing before we sit to eat.

"so what will i explain to you, Yeji unnie?" teasing her as we sit and prep our chopsticks.