start your day right

(same day)

YEJI POV

~FLASHBACK~

i woke up at 7am, the normal wake up call for me. i did my morning routine right after waking up, such as fixing my bed, stretching my body, washing up, dressing up, applying makeup, doing my hair, those kind of daily routine. i finished getting ready at about 7:30am, grabbed my things and checked myself one last time in the mirror before heading out to eat. i'm craving some mocha latte tho, reminding me of someone almost addicted to mocha.

i'm ready to go to the cafeteria and eat, i'm alone but it's fine. i don't wanna ask Ryujin or the others to eat with me, they might still be sleeping or have plans together. i opened the door and there i saw her- the one and only Shin Ryujin immersed on her phone and standing against the wall in front of my door, looking cool in all her glory, dressed up simple in a baseball tee with black ripped jeans and vans. wait, why is her outfit familiar? looking down myself, we're matching. well, sort of but still!

we had a small talk, to say the least. it's not your casual talk tho, it's more of us being throwing lines or being cocky at each other. i hate that she's so smooth with words, making me flustered every time i lose. i can't blame my self for my loss today 'cause i started it. i was just tryna be cocky and joke around to cover up my stuttering but then it backfired, big time.

i kinda zoned out for a bit by what she said, so i didn't react wen she locked our arms together and went here to the cafeteria arm in arm. i did react to her holding my hand awhile ago, she almost let go 'cause i flinched but i squeezed it and dragged her to the trays before letting go. i didn't wanna make her feel that she somehow offended me, i know in myself that i love how her hand fits in mine. but i wonder what's the reason for her to pick me up this early?

~END OF FLASHBACK~

"so what will i explain to you, Yeji unnie?" teasing me as we sit down and prep our chopsticks. well, a lot actually. every thing or moment that i had or is having with her should be explained for it's different and scary of her to make me feel such things since our first meet.

"why the sudden surprise pick-up? how long have you been standing in front of my door too? Ryujin dongsaeng." teasing back while i raise one brow at her as i scoop an adequate amount of bibimbap into my mouth.

"i want to eat with you and i've been standing there for about 5 mins. only." shortly answering me as she pick up some kimchi and into her mouth.

"why though? you could've eaten with the others, so why me?" intrigued as i choose between corn and kimchi to eat.

"why not? i just want to eat with Yeji unnie." pouting adorably with puppy eyes and trying to portray a sad kid who didn't get her desired chocolates.

"don't give me your aegyo, Ryujin dongsaeng. just be honest with me." pointing my chopsticks at her while squinting my eyes a bit to lightly scare her before eating galbitang.

"arrasseo. you know the saying "start your day right"? i've decided to start my day extra right." looking at me, directly in my eyes as she put down her chopsticks to explain.

seeing as i'm confused af, she smiled softly. "i've decided to start my day right with you, 'cause i think you're the kind of right i need Yeddeong." picking up her spoon and started to continue eating spoonfuls as to her mouthful eating style. she looks cute with her cheeks puffed with food, when is she never cute?!

"aish, there you go with your words Ryuddaeng. let's finish eating and head to Danbam to have some of your precious mocha, okay?" trying to be calm as possible instead of blushing this early by her words. inside, i know my stomach hadn't stopped feeling butterflies since she appeared this morning.

near to finishing my meal, i look to her who's fascinated with my eating and chuckled softly before wiping the side of my lips that i didn't know had a bit of sauce, making my eyes go wide and her laughing now.

"that's probably the biggest i've seen your eyes go." standing up while fixing our trays and our chairs before proceeding to bow to the cafeteria crew as we leave.

"yah, i thought you like my eyes but you're mocking it now." hitting her on the arm and putting my arms over my chest as i give her a glare.

"aw, don't be like that Yeddeong. i do like your eyes and i'm always entanced to it." pinching my cheeks as she cheers me up which definitely did as we continue to walk shoulder by shoulder.

on the way here to Danbam, we just talked about a lot of random things and bickered a lot. surprisingly not throwing lines at each other, otherwise we could both be flustered like a tomato knowing that we're both smooth with words.

almost in front of the door, she went to open the door for me again like a gentlewoman she is making me smile at her chivalry. we went to the cashier to order while greeting Yi-seo of course and Ryujin being surprised with us being friends already unknown to her knowledge. we ordered two iced mocha lattes and 2 go-to bags of mocha bread. Ryujin decided it since she said it's for me to eat during breaks in between vocal lessons. she's really sweet, how can i not like her more?

thanking Yi-seo for serving us after our chitchat before she returns to her post, Ryujin holds my hand startling me but calmed as she smiles at me indicating as silently asking if it's okay and i confirmed it by squeezing her hand and smiling back.
we locked eyes and neither of us wanting to break the contact but i looked away first by checking the time on the wall clock of Danbam- 8:30am. what, it's only been an hour? it feels longer tho. she must've followed my line of sight when she tugged my hand making me turn to her.

"let's go back? i don't want you late for your vocal lessons." inviting me with care in her eyes. i can't argue with her as she's right and i need to prep my voice also. i wish we have every class together so she'll be with me more and the same time no 'cause too much of this feels is bad.

nodding to her, she leads the way to the door with our hands still intertwined when we suddenly heard a fit of giggles that are almost inaudible, making us look to the direction we heard it.

looking at the side, we saw Lia, Chaeryeong, and Yuna holding up their phones that seems to be used for taking pictures of us making me look down as i blush. Ryujin must've noticed me as she held my hand tighter and sighed before shouting at the girls. "YAH! YOU'RE ALL DEAD." with her deep and sort of angered voice, the room felt cold. oops, i'll be seeing the angry night fury for the first time. good luck girls?