mixnine pt.2

(2017 near 2018//mixnine)

RYU POV

mixnine has started and we've been doing our best for several weeks already, along with other selected trainees. i'm happy that i deided to take this shot, i made it to the selected participants. as far as i know, YG and CL went around the 72 ent. agencies for auditions. they panel toured for the first 15 days, and us 170 participants passed. i feel sorry for those who didn't pass but nevertheless should they stop aspiring to be an idol, like the rest.

i've made a good relationship within the competition, not close with the boys team but civil enough to say hi a few times. the girls team are filled with talented people, i'm thrilled to meet other trainees from various companies. i made friends with 2Jin from Blockberry Creative, making us 3Jin, Ryujin-Heejin-Hyunjin. i aim to be competitive within the show but friendly and just carefree with them outside the show. afterall, it's our dreams on the line if we don't stive.

auditions were held and i was exited yet nervous. Yeddeong helped me with my audition piece, i made the steps and she commented or pointed out those that needs more sharpness or power, those kind of things. to say that she improved my dancing was the least, she is my lucky charm and she inspired me to be the person i am today ever since we met. 

lately, all we've been doing is practice and practice. we improve our skills, we find out what field we should develop more, and we get evaluated. i have a low voice so my singing won't be like a main vocalist or lead vocalist level, so i could still be a vocalist and most likely a rapper. i was told by YG to work on my rapping since it's still not good enough to portray the swag and style needed to catch the attention of the people. 

it's been 6 weeks already and all of us have been dreading for tomorrow's EP.7, the first elimination round. i am confident that i won't be eleminated due to the fact that i've been working hard and giving it my all. 

right now, i'm walking home to my dorm for tomorrow is the dreadful d-day. i enter and am welcomed with an angry squad. oh dear.

"yah, Shin Ryujin! we agreed to joining competitions when there's a chance, to gain more ground on debuting earlier but not like this. u come home late after working ur ass off, just crash on ur bed, and wake up early to go back looking like a zombie. work hard not kill ur self!" Ryeong exclaimed as i open my door startled and unable to close the door yet.

"yah, unnie! ur not the night fury anymore, look at u. u look like an about to die fury. we supported u to do ur best in mixnine and not tire ur self. give ur self a break!" Yuna pouted as she hit my arm and huffed.

"Ryujinie, ur trying too hard. just enjoy it while doing ur best and not putting ur health on the line. this is the first time we've seen u so exhausted like this. ur worrying us, please train properly." Lia unnie said with an authoritive voice making the room colder than ice, and me getting really scared with 3 of them coming at me. 

Yeddeong's not here, i'm relieved! a worried and angry light fury is a no no for me. never in my life would i wanna be scolded by Yeji. unlike Lia unnie's cold authoritive voice, my Yeddeong spits fire if it's really pissing her. the moment u see her hand on her forehead and massaging it lightly, she's controlling her rage. but if she speaks with her eyes squinting, a scowling Yeji is served. 

"yah, i'm fine! don't worry about me, i'm just training like i'm supposed to. elimination round is coming and i don't wanna be a goner. i represent JYP there too so i can't just take it easy. stop with the scolding, i'm the night fury. i can handle it." i said irritated as i dump my bag to the floor and lay on my bed, eyes closed. 

it was silent, i think they understand what i said that's why it's quiet. but something feels off, the room's atmosphere feels cold yet hot. i peek with my right eye to see if they're still there, considering that i didn't hear anything. seeing the 3 with confusingly scared expressions, still sitting  at the eating table that comes with 6 chairs. awhile ago they look like angry animals, a cat, a rabbit, and a sloth but furious. what's up?

sitting up as i feel creeped out, i asked them"why are ur faces like that? u're all angry for a second, now it's like u're scared to death of smth. it's creeping me out, stop it." but i didn't get any response, they're still looking at my direction. what the fuck are they looking at?! i'm sitting on my bed, it's not like there's someone next to me. waitttt, right??? no one is, right???

"guys, cut the crap. i'm getting scared." instead of a response from them, they held their hands in a praying position and not breaking eye contact at my direction. okay, i'm not playing this shit, i'm tired and got scolded, now they're being creeps.

"aish, i'm tired. cut it out and get back to ur dorms. there's no one beside me gu- Yeji?!" boy am i shocked, Yeji is beside me with the mentioned squinting eyes of a scowling side of her. i'm dead. this is not my Yeddeong nor the giant baby Yeji. this is THE HWANG YEJI. God Jihyo or Jisoos Christ, help me. Shin Ryujin, u're a goner.

"uhm, hi Yeddeong? what are u doing here? u should sleep hehe." i said, almost a whisper. 

"Ryuddaeng?" she said softly with a smile, a timid and fake one. FUCK.

"y-yes, Yeddeong?" 

"u don't wanna leave mixnine right?" i nodded.

"THEN FUCKING TRAIN HARD PROPERLY AND NOT KILL UR SELF WHILE U USE THE COMPETITION AND THE AGENCY AS AN EXCUSE. REPRESENTING JYP MY ASS, ARE U THE ONLY ONE WHO REPRESENTS THEIR AGENCY THERE?! YG IS ALREADY IMPRESSED AT UR SKILLS AND ONLY NEEDS A LITTLE IMPROVEMENT, SO WHY THE HELL ARE U TRAINING LIKE U HAVEN'T FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS NOW? I'M THE NIGHT FURY, I CAN HANDLE IT? TSK. GUESS WHAT NIGHT FURY? I'M THE LIGHT FURY THAT'S TRAINING HARD TOO ALONG WITH THE SQUAD, AND I CAN HANDLE MY SELF THAT I DON'T LOOK LIKE A ZOMBIE COMING HOME. UNLIKE U WHO TRAINS HARD TO MAKE UP TO THE TIME U SPENT DOING AEGYO ON GIRLS WHILST ACTIVITY. I WATCH U RYUJIN, IT'S ON TV DUMBASS." she spitted fire and left the room, closing the door harshly.

"has she been in here the whole time?" i asked breathlessly.

"YES." they answered breathlessly. 

what the hell? we held our breaths out of fear. AND i don't aegyo intentionally!