mixnine

(timeskip//around 2017)

RYU POV
it's been a year since i met Yeddeong, controlled my self, and explored the various emotions i feel that were once a disaster and now totally nothing new. Lia unnie, Chaeryeong-ssi, and Yuna-ah really got along with Yeji, making us a complete squad. i was right when i said that having an unnie line will be more scolding for us maknae line. it's fun tho, our squad literally feels invincible and unique. DALLA DALLA. we're different but in a good way. we've also improved in our talents and skills, making us proud of how hardworking we are and promised each other to debut together.

speaking of debut, YG's MIXNINE audition program is starting soon. it's a competition between various trainees, boys vs girls. the team who will win at the end will have their chance to debut under their labels ofc. i thought that if i give this a shot, it will give me a higher chance of debuting early. it's an opportunity and i can't just let it pass by me. the girls support me, so why not?

Ryeong tried Sixteenback then, Yeddeong's waiting for her chance along with Yulia training here in our dear JYPE. Lia unnie will debut soon even without joining such competitions since her singing could put her in a main vocalist position someday. while our maknae, she can't join competitions 'cause she's too young and should just focus on her studies and training within JYPE. mind you, Yuna and I did some acting with BTS sunbaenim earlier this year. we all appeared in the first ep. of Stray Kids, just a cameo. all of us are in agreement about this, so no hard feelings, just pure support and love to each other.

i talked to pd-nim about this and let me join, he's friends with YG anyways. it's in a few weeks so i need to practice and make up a choreography, one that will stand out. ofc, i can't settle for less, i never did. and so, i chose a song with a calm intro that's followed by a series of beats that will make ur hearts pound thru my dance.

the one and only, "Look What You Made Me Do" by Taylor Swift.

locking my dorm's door, i headed to Yeji's. she's closer to mine now since she had an attack. she has atopy, it's like allergies but more serious, simple explanation. remember her old place? near to the dusty area caused by the undergoing neighbour building before that's completely built now, that's what triggered her atopy. i always pick her up every morning since then, she was not answering me by the door that time so i just went inside to find her having rashes and hyperventilating. after that incident, i asked the management to move her next to mine so she'll be close to me, in need of help or just for my liking.

opening the door with my key and entering at the same time, i plopped down her bed. she let's me in like that, only to find out that she's still sleeping. it's still early- 6:45am, i always wake up early now since the sleeping beauty's incident, just so i could take care of her. i stand by my words when i said that she's the kind of person u would want to take care of since our first meet. aish, she's really pretty in any way. bare faced and hair down Hwang Yeji is really stunning, how can a person be like this?

she wakes up at 7 but i wanna eat with her now, i'll wake her up already.

"Yeddeong, wakey wakey. Ryuddaeng is here, c'mon now." sofly waking her up with aegyo while i poke her cheeks and push back strands of hair behind her ear. i'm laying with my chest on her bed, the kind of position that is bad for our backs but i'm waking her up so.

"hmm, later Ryuddaeng. it's still early." facing me with a pout and her eyes hardly open as she muzzle her face into her pillow. what a giant baby. laying sidewards now and facing her, i stil poke her cheeks and pinching it a bit for her to wake up. she won't budge, instead she hugged me and rest her head over my right arm while my left reflexively wrapped around her waist. yep, cuddling. we're always like this and it's good that my heart is used to it already, so no racing heartbeats.

"u're just cuddling me Yeddeong, get up now. u and u're moves, u've gotten bolder and smoother than last year." teasing her as i caress her back softly, i'm never getting tired of this.

"yah, Ryuddaeng! i'm just sleepy, don't provoke me." releasing from the hug with a sleepy and annoyed face, pouting a bit as she gather her blanket more.

"aniyo, mianhae Yeddeong. get up now, please?" hugging her with aegyo to avoid a grumpy Yeji 'cause trust me a Yeji with negative vibes isn't good, cute but scary.

"ok ok, i'll get up now night fury." pinching my cheeks as she stand up to stretch before fixing her bed as i stand up also.

with the bed fixed, i sat there and laid my head on the headboard while she wash up and get dressed in the bathroom. sometime later, she's out of the bathroom while drying her hair with a towel and proceeding to do her hair and makeup for the day.

"Yeddeong, MIXNINE will start in a few weeks and i need to come up with a dance. help me out?" asking her while i look at her in the mirror, almost done and looking more breathtaking.

"sure, Ryuddaeng. u know that i'll always be here, fighting!" supporting me as she apply the finishing touches and standing up in front of me with her infamous sunny smile.

"kaja, i'm hungry. i need my mocha." standing up to head out while she grabs her things and followed me afterwards.

"aish, u and u're mocha. u love it more than me Ryujin-ah." she teased and pouted cutely before giggling at my love for mocha.

"aish, let's just go Yeji-ssi." rolling my eyes jokingly ate her as we head to Danbam.

"i love u, only u my light fury." I muttered under my breath, hardly audible, so she can't hear it.

yes, i do love her now, i realized that some time earlier this year. it's my main reason for striving hard more than ever. i used to dream of debuting someday, now i want to debut with the squad, especially with my Yeddeong.