please

(next day)

RYU POV
a soft gaze of light from outside shines thru the forgotten open window blinds from last night. not too bright nor too dark, but an adequate beam. the room is a mess with the person's scattered belongings: hoodie, shoes, unfinished coffee, unwashed bowl of ramen, tissues, like a typical room of a teen except a fucked up one. with the turn of events yesterday, the room is the visual representation.

"beep beep beep beep" the alarms sounded, only to be shut off in an instant.

i'm awake, i barely got sleep last night. i feel so hungover, i don't even drink. my room is a mess, my emotions, my mind, overall me. i still can't believe i forgot.

"well, shitty morning to me." i got up to sit on my bed against the headboard and just look at the ceiling as i try to know why the hell i forgot valentines. but i can't.

"what have i been thinking for the past few days? nothing. literally nothing 'cause i'm great with Yeddeong. and now, i don't know." i covered my face and did some light slaps that gradually got stronger. yes, i am hitting myself right now.

"i had a plan, a fucking plan. one that i imagined to be perfect even tho simple, all just to be a vision and not action. i hate myself." i took my pillow and stuff my face in it.

"YAAAAAHHHHHH SHIN RYUJIIINNNNNN!" i screamed as loud as i can to release my frustration but not the guilt and Yeddeong's pain that i caused.

i got up for real and stretched a bit before fixing my bed. i scanned my room and see all the disastrous looking scenery. this must be something similar or close to worst the will happen to me and my room if Yeji breaks up with me. WHICH i hope not.

i picked up my hoodie to throw in the laundry basket, my shoes to the shoe rack, and my dirty utensils to the sink. i cleaned up my "house" quickly before i get ready in attempt to make up with Yeddeong as soon as she wakes up.

with my dorm cleaned and organized, but not too much. i got in the shower to washe with some lavender scented shampoo and body wash, i made sure to scrub any trace of filth from the guilt and regret. i at least aimed to feel good, well physically. leaving the bathroom, i changed into comfy clothes that Yeddeong and I love and share. i did my makeup a bit more than the usual to hide the puffiness due to crying. i left my hair damp and proceeded to my mini kitchen. i'm not letting Yeddeong eat anything from anywhere else except what i'm gonna make her from my kitchen.

i've made her or the squad meals before, thus i cook the most amongst us. it's 6:40am, i still have time before she wakes up and tries to avoid me. but she can't do that if i'm earlier than her and got a key to her room. so, i'll be making some souffle pancakes with a side of strawberries, bit of scrambled eggs, and most likely get mocha bread and iced mocha lattes at Danbam afterwards.

i separated the egg whites and yolks into bowls. i beat the yolks, add milk and vanilla extract, add the flour and baking powder, then whisked it all to make the batter. i proceeded to do the meringue so i beat the egg whites while gradually adding sugar 'til stiff peaks, then folded it in little by little with the batter to complete.

with my pan ready, i layered the pancakes carefully to cook them to perfection in hope to ease Yeddeong even a bit. soon enough, 2 buttered on top pancakes were beautifully placed on a plate with strawberries in a good plating. damn, i could be a chef. kidding. i put it on the breakfast tray from before and head down to Danbam quickly since it's near 7am.

"yah, Yi-seo!" i shouted as i arrive at Danbam, looking for the certain friend. there's a few people looking at me, but who cares?

"yah, i'm here!" she shouted back and waved her hand from the bread shelf. she must be preparing breads but i need to be quick.