i see that i'm icy~

(summary)

RYU POV
it's comeback time! this the moment for our mv to be released. the days that both us, Itzy and Midzy, have been waiting for.

promotions is special for us even tho it isn't a holiday or an occasion, 'cause meeting or seeing Midzys in person smiling caused by us is priceless, it's something we truly love.

so Icy was released and slowly the numbers came in as our fans and maybe non-fans watch it to see what this time's mv is. of course we shared a bunch of teasers before, both pictures and videos, to just give a sneak peek or an idea to what's gonna be in the mv or this era in general.

like i said, they had an idea already about the concept and everything. we read some comments on vlive's live chat and on youtube, as usual Midzys are showering us with so much love with their compliments and praises. there were also some people whom i guessed just tuned in to see the mv, but still left good comments about us.

it's truly heartwarming for us, for a rookie girl group, this is not something we expected. even tho we're doing Icy now, it still feels overwhelming, but in a good way.

we're very happy that Midzys liked our comeback, of course we are grateful like always. it will never change, we're a family.

since it's still promotion period and we have like 1-2 more weeks of performance stages or show appearances in our busy schedule, Red Velvet sunbaenim's comeback schedule overlapped with us!

if we didn't care about them and just became workaholics and boring tasteless human beings, we would shrug them off or worry about them winning against us and taking away the wins to be added for Icy.

but no, we fucking love them and we are chaotic fangirls with taste! we are certified Reveluvs or Luvies. just imagine the possibilities of bumping into them at corridors or being in the same waiting room or actually talking to them. IMAGINE THAT.

if someone asked us or me 'who is Red Velvet and why are u a fan?', i would probably give a speech why i adore them or just go on full chaotic to explain why.

but since i am an idol, i need to be professional even if i'm gay panicking inside just by the thought of meeting them.

3 reasons to put it as simple as i love you.

1. Red Velvet is a legend. like queens that  slay every concept there is possible, like angels sent down to earth from heaven to bless us all with their voices and visuals and just divine perfection.

2. their choreographies are so refreshing and eye-catching that u're gonna remember at not forget them easily, and each member does it with their style making it *chef's kiss

3. their songs. literally everything in their discography, u will never get bored or annoyed even if u listen to it all the time. especially their summer songs, they own them like superior than superior itself.

that's 3 but i have a lot more to say honestly, just stan them. if u don't stan them then u're missing out and ur life is dull and boring. add a little color in it with Kpop, like Itzy hehe.

"Ryu, u coming or what?" Ryeong asked annoyed.

"where we going?" i asked her, she rolled her eyes and scoffed before walking out.

what? i've been talking to the readers.

"Ryu, we're gonna walk by Red Velvet sunbaenim's room." Lia unnie said.

"why? we can't talk to them anyways."

"u wanna at least see them or not?" Lia unnie asked, almost annoyed.

"i do! sorry, let's go." i said as i stand up and walk ahead of them to go to Ryeong.

i went straight to the hallway and i didn't see her leaning against the wall near our room. aish, Ryeong looks bummed out.

"sorry, Ryeong. let's go now, okay?" i smiled lightly at her, holding up my hand.

she high-fived my hand and smiled a little before punching my arm.

"ow, that kinda hurts. i said sorry already." i whined while i rub my arm.

"u deserve it, u're always forgetful." she giggled, making me sigh before i look back.

i see Yeji unnie, Lia unnie, and Yuna chattering about something but they must've noticed me for them to stop talking for a second and for Yeji unnie to mouth something to me.

"yes, love?" she asked with a soft smile.

i shook my head and smiled before looking ahead, nearing the room as we walk.

i was just gonna stare at her for a moment but they saw me and she even called me love so i had to look ahead 'fore i feel fuzzy.

THAT yeorobun, is how effortless Yeddeong can be to make me feel butterflies and have a hard time hiding it 'cause we're in public.

her outfit and styling today is not helping either, it just makes her 1000x more cuter than usual. who am i kidding? i always see her like that everyday and everytime.

"shhh, we're here." Ryeong shushed us all as we're now standing next to the door, plastered against the wall is the paper saying that this is Re Velvet's room.

just our luck, the door is slightly open, giving us a peek of what's happening.

we played rock paper scissors to decide which one should peek first before we leave and get seen as creeps here.

RJ-YN-CY-YJ-JS

so i peeked first and almost gasped 'cause the one and only Bae 'Irene' Joohyun is getting her makeup done and she's just sitting still and looking pretty there like-

i can't explain, it's too much for a fangirl.

Yuna peeked next and the audacity of this kid is just- she really pushed the door a bit for her to see more and luckily no one noticed her, otherwise we'd be in trouble.

she said she did that to see clearly what snack Yeri sunbaenim was eating. she thinks it's similar to the one she likes.

Ryeong peeked and her hand went crazy flapping before she stepped away and shook her arms excitedly with a smile.

turns out she saw Joy sunbaenim being cute by annoying Irene sunbaenim as she finishes her makeup.

Yeji unnie peeked and
she silently yet excitedly clapped her hands with a wide sunny smile.

she saw Seulgi sunbaenim polishing her moves and it was so solid. perfection.

last was Lia unnie, she peeked thru and after that she became silent.

when we came back to our room, that's when she only told us that she just witnessed Wendy sunbaenim vocalizing.

that explains why i heard a faint and distant singing, it was the main vocal herself.

but of course, opportunities knock on ur door whether u expect it or not.

and during our promotion period, they came for us, making us such 5 happy girls.

in conclusion, to be with Red Velvet in the green room for an interview and Icy getting a triple crown were the opportunities that knocked on our door.

once again, gomawo Midzys!