cheer up

(meanwhile Ryu's rehearsal)

YEJI POV

awhile ago at breakfast, Ryuddaeng asked me if i could maybe come and watch her later. i want to, but i still don't know what to do for me to go there instead of attending classes. it's not like i'm absent always so maybe i can be permitted today? but how? and because i'm still unsure, i turned down Ryuddaeng's request. i feel sorry 'cause i know she wants me to be there but she hid it with a smile and a soft "gwenchana Yeddeong". 

we're now eating lunch and class already ended several minutes ago. time check-12:15pm. ever since Ryuddaeng walked me back here earlier this morning, her request still haunts me. i feel like a girlfriend that didn't give in to my partner and caused a big fight. 

i feel uneasy. i should've thought of something days before. i mean i could ask pd-nim but he'd ask why and might suspect a thing. i could also ask my teachers to excuse me but they probably won't let me. maybe, i could write an excuse letter saying i'm sick or a personal emergency, but the squad might check on me at my room only to fine me gone to cheer for Ryuddaeng and get angry for not bringing them along. 

"Yeji unnie? what's got u sulking?" Ryeongie asks worriedly with the three of them looking at me.

"n-nothing, i'm just thinking stuff." smiling to convince them hopefully.

"unnie u've ben scrunching ur forehead since class, just tell us." Yuna states, catching me off guard. am i that troubled?

"Yeji-ssi, it has something to do with Ryujinnie right?" Lia-ya asks confidently.

seeing that i have no choice since i couldn't control my facial expressions from showing my emotions, i sighed. "Ryuddaeng asked me to maybe come see her later but i turned her down. i don't know if pd-nim and the teachers will let me. i can't also make an excuse letter saying i'm sick or have a personal emergency 'cause u guys might check on me at my room only to find me gone and at mixnine while leaving u here, it' selfish." i ramble causing them to laugh.

"aigooo~ our light fury is very worried of sneaking out and hurting us. what a very pure soul." Ryeongie says as Yulia laugh agreeing with her.

"unnie, we actually need to plan something regarding of u going at mixnine for Ryujin unnie." Yuna smiles softly.

"asking for permission and making a letter might fail and are boring so~" Ryeongie smirks at us, making us confused as we tilt our heads to the side.

"so what, Chaer?" Lia-ya asks.

"we'll pull off a scene, one that will work like when teacher-nim got a call and dismissed us early." Ryeongie smirks and soon followed by Yuna clapping.

"i got it! unnie, one of us will call u in the middle of class." 

"u'll ask to leave the room to pick it up but ur actually just gonna fake being sad or shocked when u come back."

"u'll tell teacher-nim if u can be excused for the rest of the day due to personal matters."

"and finally, we'll ask to walk u to the lobby to send u off but we're just gonna go to ur room for u to change into casual clothes before going to mixnine." the three finishes as they high five with each other.

"how about u guys? we're a squad." i hand motioned to them.

"we're fine here, what's important is u are there for UR RYUDDAENG~" Lia-ya teases while the two laughs with her.

"aish, i can't even confess and u're claiming her mine." i scoff.

"it's because she is, u two are taking so long unlike us." Yuna noncholantly says, making all of us quiet.

"wait what- u confessed already?!" 

"oops, it's supposed to be a secret. sorry Chaeryeong unnie." Yuna makes a peace sign with her hands towards Ryeongi whose eyes are glaring at Yuna.

"yes we did, thank u both for consoling us. i know Yuna went to u Yeji. now please, make Ryeji happen already." Lia-ya says as she finish her lunch. she's really the slowest eater among us and the smallest.

"okay, so plan settled?" Ryeongie asks us and we only nod in reponse.

"let's get ur outfit ready so everything will be smooth later." Lia-ya says and we head to my room.

after we chose some casual comfy clothes, we immediately went here to the dance room. 30mins. in class and i feel a bit nervous about our plan. i'm kinda guilty of lying and doing a stunt like this but there's always a first time for everything.  

2pm came and a call is heard throughout the room. all eyes are searching for the ringing phone and it's owner. i looked at Ryeong beside me and she nods saying "do it". i stand up and take my phone to see Yuna calling. "sorry teacher-nim, i need to answer it." she nods and cues for me to leave the room. 

i picked the call up and Lia encourages me along. "Yeji-ah Fighting! get ready drama queen." i chuckled and dropped the call. i put on my acting face and let out a breath. i open the door and went towards teacher-nim. here i go.

"Yeji-ssi, is there something wrong?" she asks while examining my expression.

"teacher-nim, is it possible for u to excuse me for the rest of the day? it's a very personal matter i have to fix." i pulled out the most realistic sad face with my eyes building up tears for a verge of tears effect.

"ah-yes ofc. whatever it is, good luck. u can be excused today."  she says with a timid smile and pats my shoulder as cue to leave.

"t-teacher-nim, can we send Yeji unnie off ? we'll be back." Ryeongie asks with a worried face along with Yulia acting as well. can we just a best actress award each? 

"sure, friends must be there in times of need. make sure to be back Lee Chaeryeong, Choi Lia, and Shin Yuna." she approves yet warned sternly, making us gulp.

"ne~" the three answers ans we all left the room.

here in my room, i changed into a black shirt under a white stripped black hoodie and black cargo pants along with a pair of white nike sneaks, cap, and mask. all dressed up and ready to go, we went to the lobby.

"Yeddeong Fighting!" the three cheers as we arrive here at the lobby.

"thank u guys, Ryuddaeng will know about this." i smile at them.

with that we parted ways, me to mixnine and them to the dance room. 

Ryuddaeng cheer up, i'll be there. well, Ryeji Fighting!