not so happy valentines

(v-day)

YEJI POV
Lia and I were talking about what we expect from our partners and how valentines this year would go for us. Lia being a popular girl, she said that she always received letters or flowers from boys in school but never really dated anyone or even a fling. we were laughing about how she is now with Yuna now, even tho unofficial, it is unexpected.

i said the same when it comes to valentine's, though i don't consider myself popular, i'm just rather friendly and kind to those i meet, 'cause why not? difference is that i knew i'm capable of liking both genders, therefore girlfriends with Ryujin now.

speaking of Ryujin, she just stood up abruptly making us look at her. she's fixing herself in front of the mirror. is she going out, alone on valentines?

Yuna and Chaer asked her about it and she said she's going to the mall. we all fell silent and i saw those two sharing a look before turning to Ryuddaeng. is there something Lia and I should know?

as much as i'm confused, i believe her. Ryuddaeng won't lie to me.

"i'll be back Yeddeong, don't scrunch ur forehead." she said as she caress my cheeks and kissed my forehead afterwards, making me soften and lean to the touch.

"text me Ryuddaeng. happy val-" I said but got cut off when we heard her phone ting.

"i have to go. make sure to eat lunch, i love u." she gave me a peck on the forehead and went to the door.

"take care of my Yeddeong, guys."she looked at LiChaerYu sternly and gave a cheeky smile before heading to the mall.

i somehow felt i need reassurance. i feel something's off, but shrigged it off instead.

"speaking of lunch, hey princess. do u wanna go out with me?" Yuna asked Lia, catching the older off-guard.

"uh- yes. of course baby." Lia smiled at Yuna and they both shared a loving stare. really in front of us? my baby just left and Chaer is single, once again, really?

"please have respect for us." Chaer said, breaking the Yulia stare.

"c'mon now, dress up. i'll be taking u somewhere that u'll love." Yuna said holding Lia's hand as support for standing up from the bed.

"what about them?" Lia gestured to me and Chaeryeong.

"oh don't worry, we'll just meet at Han River by night. okay unnies?" we just nodded to Yuna and they left.

"so unnie, expecting something today?" Chaer asked me innocently.

"uhm, maybe? i don't really know, i just want to be with her today and i'll be satisfied." i said, earning a smile from her.

"u know unnie, i used to be alone here 'til Ryu came. i'm happy she's a '01 liner 'cause that alone proves that we'll get along well. that's why when she started falling for u, i got scared yet excited." she told me, making me confused.

"scared? why the sudden story Ryeong?"

"i was scared of her forgetting me, our dreams, and just focus her whole world on u. but then, when i got to meet u, u proved me wrong." she smiled and held my hand.

"u became my friend and changed Ryu, in a good way ofc. Ryu likes to recklessly flirt at those who fall for her, but she's more disciplined and determined now to pursue her dreams and ur heart as well. she's more sentimental and always trying to be her best self always. thank u Yeji unnie, for completing us all." she finished and squeezed my hand before letting go. i don't know what to say. it felt very warm. now i know why she's got her guard up with me before.