Chapter 36

The atmosphere in the boardroom was charged with anticipation as my mother, a prominent figure in the business world, acknowledged my achievements.

"Finally, the most awaited day is here, Bella darling," she declared with a proud smile. The room was filled with the presence of key board members, all eager to witness the transition. I could feel their expectant eyes on me as I took a deep breath, ready to assume the role of CEO.

"You have dedicated many innovative ideas to build up this empire, and you deserve the title," my mother continued, her words echoing with confidence. The board members nodded in agreement, recognizing the hard work and dedication I had poured into the company.

For the past few days, I had immersed myself in preparations for this pivotal moment. I had carefully crafted plans and proposals, one of which was particularly close to my heart-a laboratory initiative that would allow students from Eastern Chestnutfall University to intern during summer and spring holidays. As my mother spoke, I couldn't help but think about the impact this project could have on the community and the future generations of professionals. The boardroom became a stage for me to present not just my vision for the company but also my commitment to social responsibility.

The anticipation built up as I took my turn to address the board. "Thank you all for this incredible opportunity. Today, I'm excited to share a project that I believe will not only benefit our company but also contribute to the growth of future leaders in the field."

I began presenting the details of the laboratory initiative, highlighting its potential impact on fostering talent, collaboration with the university, and the positive image it would create for our company in the community. The board members listened attentively, nodding and occasionally exchanging impressed glances. As I wrapped up the presentation, the room buzzed with discussions and questions. It was a pivotal moment, and I could sense that the board was genuinely intrigued by the possibilities the project held.

As the meeting progressed, decisions were made, and the board expressed unanimous approval for the laboratory initiative. The sense of accomplishment and responsibility washed over me as I officially assumed the role of CEO, ready to lead the company into a future marked by innovation, social responsibility, and collaborative growth. As the meeting drew to a close, a subtle vibration in my pocket signaled a message on my phone. Retrieving it, I saw that Irwin had sent a message, adding a touch of excitement to the already momentous day.

The message read, "Let's celebrate tonight, dinner at my place."

A smile involuntarily formed on my face as I read Irwin's invitation. It seemed like the perfect way to unwind and commemorate the day's success. Responding with enthusiasm, I replied, ''Looking forward to it!"

With the plans set, I wrapped up the remaining formalities of the meeting, exchanging congratulatory remarks with the board members. The prospect of a celebratory dinner added an extra layer of anticipation to the atmosphere. I entered my bedroom and took a moment to choose the perfect outfit for the celebration. Opting for a casual yet chic look, I decided on a white satin two-piece ensemble that exuded elegance. The fabric felt smooth against my skin, and the outfit added a touch of sophistication to the evening. After slipping into the attire, I glanced at myself in the mirror, satisfied with the choice. The reflection staring back conveyed a sense of confidence and style, perfectly aligned with the celebratory mood of the night.

With the outfit chosen, I turned my attention to the celebratory element of the evening. I headed to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of champagne, thinking it would add a delightful sparkle to the dinner. As I made my way to Irwin's place, the excitement grew, tinged with a hint of nervousness about meeting his family or brothers. I hadn't been to his place before, so the unfamiliarity added a layer of anticipation. Upon reaching the address he had texted, I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. The door swung open, revealing Irwin with a welcoming smile. "You look stunning," he complimented, his eyes appreciating the choice of outfit.