Rumour Trouble (Again)

Tap, tap, tap.

3:00 PM, Newspaper Club Room

Wilbur was frantically typing down school news while Fundy is collecting rumours.
Tubbo and Tommy were in the room, taking pictures of the art club drawings, to decorate the newspaper with pictures.

Fundy burst into the room with a bunch of snacks from the cafeteria; Apple juice, banana cake and sandwiches. He put them near every member, and pulled out his phone, still recording.

"Okay, so... Unfortunately, we were too late." Fundy said. Apparently they missed out on Rumour Rush, that time of the day where rumours spread the most; Lunchtime. The Newspaper Club procrastinated and wasn't able to collect any rumours to catch students eyes. Now that it's the end of the week, they need to pass a newspaper.

"Oh my god... What do we do? Make a rumour?" Wilbur said, pausing to eat. "We can ruin reputations and make enemies!"

"Well," Fundy asked slowly,seemingly exhausted trying to walk around the school and find gossip. "Tubbo, Tommy. Have you learned anything?"

Tubbo and Tommy paused.

Tubbo sighed. To save everyone's grades, he took out his phone.

.
.
.

"Did I just listen to some cheesy love story?" Wilbur had the face that basically read 'wtf did I just hear?'.

(people who are confused, last chapter, Tubbo had his phone out, recording the whole time, catching the 'I'd do anything for you' part.)

"Well, yeah!" Tubbo replied. "That guy is a simp!"

"Cheesy love stories are popular with the ladies," Fundy realised. "Most of the Teachers love a bit of romance! This rumour is gonna be a hit!"

"And we can partner with the Book Club!" Tubbo said. "Fanfiction creators in that club can be useful!"

Wilbur dull eyes lit up.

----

|Skydome HS and College News|

Hey, hey!
Have you heard?
Some people believe that George and Dream are dating!
Could it be?

____

George read the newspaper, blushing like crazy. What did Tubbo and Tommy do now?

Dream just laughed it off. He didn't really care.

12:00 PM, Lunch.

Let's talk social media.
The school has a whole twitter for it.
Rumours spread fast there, though they are hard to come by on your own due to school monitors taking them down. It usually is found via real life gossip.

Dream just checked the school twitter and boom.

That romance rumour blew up with either heartbroken simps, or over fueled shippers.
Some people even posted pictures of the duo, without them noticing. Like the sick day, or literally any day.

Some were even taken just today.

George looked over Dream's shoulder, eventually just resting his head on it.

"What's that?" George's face turned sour. "Oh, that."

"Aww, don't be! They just know I love you!" Dream chuckled. "Not a big deal."

Dream refreshed the page by accident, and then he found new pictures on the top of the page.

"Wait... That's us?" Dream looked at the picture, with the caption 'Aww, couple goals!' with they're initial position just a few seconds ago.

"Wh- Let me look, " George's eyes widened.
"Oh my god."

George looked up to see a person's phone out, at the corner of his eye. They were on the stance like they were going to take a picture any time soon. For some reason, the thought of people constantly watching, and every move you make will be captured in a camera, shown to everybody scared George.

"There," George said, "6 o'clock."

Dream seemed to understand this, looking at that direction to see a person with a camera. Dream turned away, trying not to look like they found the guy. But on the same direction he looked at, another camera was there.

George didn't like this feeling.
Dream didn't like it either.

Suddenly, a voice pulled them both out of their thoughts.

"—orge ? Dream ? Hello?!" Bad was clearly trying to catch their attention. "Did both of you muffins leave the world?"

"Oh,"George snapped put of his trance. " I was thinking. You know, about the rumour."

"I was going to ask you about the same thing!" Bad's eyes sparkled. "Are you muffins dating?!"

"It's not true," Dream suddenly got a thought that made him smile mischievously. "But I sure as hell want it to be!"

"DREAM!"

,
,
,

"But seriously, Tommy."

Tommy looked up from his food.

"What did you this time?" Dream radiated a dissapointed vibe.

"Well, we ran out of rumours...?"

"And?"

"We resorted to using a recorded clip of that cheesy line you said...?"

"You recorded it?!"

"Ooh! Ooh! Let me hear!" Bad said.

Skeppy snatched Tommy's phone, which happened to be just beside him.

"Tommy where is the recording?!" Skeppy said, ready to blast it on full volume.

"I don't have it! Tubbo has!"

Skeppy smiled, in a bad way.
"Thank you for that piece of information."

"TOMMY NOW HE'S GOING TO PLAY IT ALL THROUGH OUT THE SCHOOL!" George cried.

Tubbo walked by.

"What's with the yelling?" Tubbo asked, a little louder.

"Hide your phone!"

"What?"

In a flash, Skeppy grabbed Tubbo's bee sticker covered phone from his back pocket.

"See ya!" Skeppy dashed away, George hot on his trail.

George speeded across the hallway, trying to catch Skeppy. A thought crossed his mind.

He went to his locker to find a convenient speed and strength potion.

---

George was infront of they're table, holding Skeppy by his hoodie.

"Wh-How are you so strong?!" Skeppy complained.

"Surprised you didn't question my speed."
George laughs. He hands Tubbo his phone, with a pop-up that said, 'Successfully Deleted.' He looked at Skeppy, and put his free hand up onto his forehead, shaping an L.

Skeppy grumbles, looking away.

--- Ü