Preference #13: You break up

Start from the beginning

Roman: 

Roman held your wrist firmly as he pulled you into his room closing the door behind him. he turned to you, anger and pain in his eyes as they scanned yours, his hair unusually messy, his fists clenched.

"what were you doing with him?!" Roman yelled, taking a step towards you as you stepped back. you just wanted to get to know Remus, he was Roman's family, you wanted to ask Remus if he was okay with you and Roman, despite what Roman thinks Remus really does care about him.

"I... I just wanted to get to know him," you said softly, unable to look Roman in the eyes.

"why would you want to do that, he's evil! he's... he's messed up, y/n. he'll hurt you, I can't let him hurt you." Roman said, taking another desperate step towards you as you took another step back, scared of Roman in that moment.

"Remus isn't a monster, he cares about you." you said softly, sensing Roman's breathing change, noticing from the corner of your eye his figure tense

"Remus will hurt you! I can't let him hurt you!" Roman screamed, as you backed up. hitting the wall. 

"look at me y/n." Roman yelled out, but you couldn't, you just began crying.

"Roman... please listen." you whispered out, tears still gathering in your eyes.

"I'm done listening, I just want you to be safe!" Roman said, his hands on your shoulders.

"Roman..." you whispered out. Roman went to hold you hand, but you couldn't you couldn't see or feel anything but pain, and you knew that this wasn't working. none of this was working and you were hurting Roman in the process.

"y/n... where are you going?" Roman asked, but you couldn't look him in the eye, while you walked to the door.

"Roman, this isn't working and I'm hurting you in the process" you said softly, before walking out the door. Roman watching, his heart hurting so badly he nearly fell on the floor, you were gone, just like that, he'd lost his only angel. 

Virgil: 

"Virgil, I promise you I didn't cheat, why would I?" you asked, taking a step towards him as his eyes darkened.

"then why haven't you been around. things are not okay. you could have any person you wanted, being so perfect so why me, and why did you have to string me along." Virgil said, frustration and tears all leaking into his voice

"Virgil, I would never cheat on you!" you said, placing a hand on his shoulder, but he merely grabbed your wrist, forcing your hand off him.

"Don't take another step." Virgil said, his demonic tone become more and more loud.

"Virgil, please. I can explain why I haven't been around." you said. and you saw Virgil glance at you before looking at the ground again.

"I don't want to hear your lies." Virgil whispered.

"you know I've never lied to you." you said but Virgil nearly screamed.

"then where have you been? why haven't you been there for me, I would be happier if I could find someone who cared and could be there for me!" Virgil screamed, shattering your heart, tears streaming down your face.

"if I made you unhappy... you could have told me." you said, trying to keep your voice steady.

"I shall always love you, Virgil Sanders." you said, before standing up and walking out the door.

Janus: 

"so this is where it ends." you said softly, staring at Janus from across the table, his snake-like features out his hat on the table as his soft hair hung over his face.

"have you not felt it too?" Janus said softly, taking another sip of his nearly boiling tea.

"I have... but I love you too much to let go." you said softly, looking up at his gorgeous eyes, before glancing back down at the table, your mug filled with warm liquid warming your hands as your heart was breaking.

"Janus, I don't want to do this." you said, looking up at Janus who wouldn't look you in the eyes.

"its better this way, we aren't meant for each other, this isn't a good match." Janus said reaching over the table to squeeze your hand one last time. the cool nature of his hand something you'd miss. 

"if you think its better, I won't hold you back." you whispered, tears in your eyes. looking away.

"it is better for us, you are still so important to me, but this isn't working. we aren't working." Janus said, you nodded. a tear leaking down your cheek, you could look him in the eye as you felt him lift your hand, for the last time, planting a cool kiss on the knuckles, before his hand lingered eventually pulling off.

Janus stood up, looking at you.

"its better this way." he whispered softly. before you heard the door closing, falling into intense silent sobs.

Remus: 

Remus jumped from behind the couch and you just lost it. crying and yelling. this was the last thing and you were just done, done with all his craziness, never being able to tell when he should shut his ever-flapping gob-talker. his gory nature. you just couldn't take it anymore

"Remus why!" you screamed, and Remus realized he messed up. you saw Remus eyes shift from playful to concerned as he walked closer.

"Panda, I'm sorry." he said, but you shook your head, tears leaking down from it.

"Remus, don't." you said, looking over at him, the pain washing over the both of you in almost an overwhelming tidal wave. his eyes glossed up as he reached towards you, you backing away more tears running down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry." he whispered, not sure what to do as quiet sobs escaped his lips.

"Remus, I love you. I just can't take this anymore. I can't." you said, crying harder and harder.

"Panda, please." Remus begged reaching over to touch your arm, but you moved away again. 

"Remus, I can't keep up with you, I can't. we can't... you whispered, looking at the floor. as more tears flooded your eyes. you heard the soft sobs from Remus.

"you did nothing wrong, love. I just can't be everything you need me to be." you whispered to Remus.

"but you can." Remus pleaded, holding your hand lightly,

"no, I can't." you whispered, before quickly leaning over and kissing his forehead.

"Remus, you deserve someone better." you say softly, before running out the door, and when Remus ran after you, you were nowhere in sight.

thank you so much for reading, I hope you liked it. this hurt a lot to write, just... ouch.  as always I do not own the art so please give credit to the amazing artist. I hope you liked it. please remember you are loved and special!!!

have a fantastic day!!!

Peaceful Lavender