1 year Anniversary

"I'm sorry. You're not wearing that ." Dante said upset -coming into the kitchen- followed close by an even more upset Camilla.

"Well, you're not my dad so , I don't care. " she said while I stayed quiet , not wanting to involve myself.

"I'm your older brother and I'm saying you're NOT leaving the house like that. Cover yourself atleast."

"No ! You're so annoying , you know that ?" She said grabbing a juice from the fridge and slamming the door shut.

"Morning everyone " Carlo said all cheery before I mentally face palmed myself when I heard him go off on her too. " What on earth are you wearing ?"

"Ugh !!! You two are the worst! I hate you !" She yelled and that was the last straw for me before I intervened.

"You do not talk to your brothers like that. Do you hear me ? Now apologize and go change before I get your father in here and you REALLY get an opinion on that outfit missy." I said placing my hand on my hip as she screeched , clearly annoyed with me now.

"Where do you think you're going ?" Mario started joining everyone.

"Yeah , you're not a stripper Cami. Cover yourself before dad sees." Emilio added .

"Before I see what ?" Marco asked oblivious, walking over to me and placing a kiss to my lips while I heard them all shuffle around to try and hide her from his view. "What's going on in here ?" He said turning around with a smile while I watched him look at them all standing infront of Cami.

I watched as he stepped closer, her brothers trying hard not to break as he said with dominance; "move." And they part like the river.

He looked her up and down , back at me , back at her, before saying; "do you know what's wrong here ?" And she nod. "Then why make me angry on such a good Monday ?" She didn't say a word. "Change."

"What ? Why ? Dad , I'm not a little kid anymore." She whined while I saw him look back at me as I shrugged.

"You're 13 Camilla. And while you're still under my roof , you will do as you're told. Do you hear me ?"

"Oh , so I can't wear a crop top but Dante gets to let girls sleep over ? That's just not fair !"

"Dante , is 28. You , barely started your period. No march young lady." He said while she begrudgingly went back upstairs.  The boys broke out in laughter as I turned around giving them the look.

"What ? How can we not ? That's priceless ! Did you see her face !?" Emilio said through a laugh while I just shook my head before following Marco outside. I could tell he was mad at her for behaving that way , but also feeling guilty for having to blow up at her like that. I knew he wouldn't admit it , but she held a special place in his heart and it killed him to hurt her like that.

"You did the right thing." I said sitting down next to him.

"You know that, and I know that, but she doesn't. " He said defeated while I put my head on his shoulder , comforting him.

"Cheer up. We've got the new recruits coming in later so let's not start the day off on a bad note." I said trying to cheer him up.

"I know." He said wiping his hands over his face -in attempt to calm down- before standing up and saying; "I just wish she understood me better. I'm not the bad guy Al."

"I know ." I said placing a kiss to his cheek before he left.

Today was kind of a big day for him , not only were we recruiting new , younger members but it would also be Dante's first time training anyone. He was really good at it, practiced all hours of the night. Yet sometimes I just wished my boys had someone to share their lives with. I mean , Dante is nearing 30 and the closest he's gotten to a serious relationship was in high School. He says he's too busy anyway but with the streak these boy's got going , my best chance at grandchildren would be waiting for Camilla to slip up. It was ridiculous!