Chapter 6 Protection

"You remember Tom and Frankie ?" He asked while I gave him a blank look.

"You mean the two guys who kidnapped me and basically been staring me down since I got here ? Yeah , I think I remember them" I said while the one on the left - Frankie- started laughing as Tom shoved him to stop . It was quite funny to see and I almost joined them.

"They'll be watching over you when I can't. "

"I don't need a babysitter."

"I know you don't. But you will need protection." He said pacing around - what I assumed was his office - while I watched him.

"The only person I need protection from is you." I said making the two guys laugh again while Marco sent a glare their way , silencing them.

"Look , I have a lot of enemies and you're my weakness. They'll do anything to get back at me and I'm afraid that you're the way. So for goodness sake can you just cooperate and accept their help ?" He said growing frustrated while I didn't push any further.

"Fine. Okay. " I said throwing my hands up in surrender.

"Thank you. " he said taking a seat behind the large desk. "You can leave now. " he said towards the guys as I read between the lines that I was supposed to follow.

"So what do you wanna do Blondie. " Frankie said while Tom yet again shoved him.

"You know how upset he'll be if he found out you talked to her like that !? Dimwit." He said , flicking Frankie on the forehead.

"Actually , I don't mind it. But Alice is fine too. So what do you do around here ?" I said stroking my hand across the expensive frame hanging on the wall.

"We don't have a lot of free time. But when we do , we mostly just hang out. There's a game room upstairs?" Tom suggested while I nod my head and they lead the way. Marco must've told them to keep a very close eye on me since there was always one infront and behind me. The room wasn't quite what I imagined a 'game room ' would look like. It was old and you could clearly see no one's been using it for a while - hence why Tom said they didn't have any freetime - so me 'relaxing ' here was pointless.

"This won't do. Do you have anything else ?" I asked turning back around to them.

"Uh... I think there's an old stuffy library upstairs but no one around here reads so it's just been locked down since we moved in." Tom said , scratching the back of his head thinking.

"Well , then let's go have a look." I had to say that everything around here seemed to be dirty ,dusty and untouched. The only places liveable being the living room , kitchen and bedrooms . Nothing giving me a reason to stay either - not that I had any say in the matter - so instead , I asked they take me outback. And in the backyard , just under the Willow tree was the most beautiful pool.

"Does anyone swim ?" I asked turning back towards them.

"Just Marco. But only for exercises. " Frankie answered as I looked back at the pool .

"Do you think he'll mind if I had a swim in it ?"

"I mean , you're sort of the bosslady so I guess not." He said while Tom didn't say a word. I found that in times where I did or asked anything to do with Marco , Tom sort of fell silent and let Frankie take the lead almost as if he was afraid of the repercussions.

"Great ! I wonder if there's a bathing suit for me ..." I said walking back upstairs while they stood at the door as I rummaged through all the drawers - that seemed to be filled with clothes all in my size- looking for something I could swim in. "Found it !" I yelled holding a black bikini -not my taste but it seemed to be all Marco had bought for me - in hand. Figured.

The cool water washed over me -reminding me of the pool at my house where all my friends would come together on a hot summer day - as I started floating in the water, letting it wash over me. I felt like I was in a 7th heaven. It's weird how much you appreciate the small stuff once you can't have it anymore...

"What do you think you're doing !?" He yelled making me almost drown from the fright he gave me.

"I'm just swimming they sai-"

"Not you. I'm talking to them." He sneered looking at Tom and Frankie.

"We're keeping an eye on her just like you told us." Frankie defended first knowing this was his doing.

"It seems to me that you're keeping more than an eye on her. She's mine and no one gets to look at her like that besides me . " He said looking like he was ready to kill them at any given second he got the chance.

"Marco I'm sorry. This is all my fault. I saw the pool and just wanted to cool off. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to." I apologized - getting out- as he handed me a towl to cover myself with.

"This is not your fault Alice. And I'm not mad at you . Just ...next time you want to swim let me know so I can be here to keep an eye on you. I'm sorry but I don't trust you yet and I don't want anyone looking at you like this." He explained trying to sound protective and sincere but to me he sounded more possessive and territorial than anything. So , not wanting to cut the little freedom that I had short , I did what he wanted me to do all along.

I said ; "okay." And walked away. What he must've thought of my sudden cooperative behavior was beyond me ,but this also wasn't going to change anything between us. Atleast I hoped not ...

I'm not 100% sure about this one but it is what it is (✋high five if you caught on to that) thank you so much for reading, remember to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Until next time, keep howling my wolves 🐺❤