Chapter 43 Complete

This whole house felt like it's been a train station since the moment I opened my eyes. People rushing around , doors opening and closing. Marco said I should try and ignore it and get more sleep but how could I on a big day like today?

Today was something that defined the whole future of all of these people. It meant I was now and forever one of them. Do or die. It meant I now more than ever needed to step up my game.

I was so nervous. 

"You're going to do great." Marco reassured me while he started kissing up and down my neck while I tried to calm my beating heart. How could he be so calm about this !? "Stop over thinking Alice and live in the moment."

"It's easy for you to say." I said rolling on to my side as he pulled back.

"Look at me," he said taking my face between his hands "I trust you with every inch of my being. And I feel it in my bones that you are perfect for this. We're perfect for this. There's no one I'd rather have ruling by my side than you. So stop worrying and live in the moment please." He said pleadingly as I knew I had to give him atleast something for believing in me like this. I mean , who trusts their lives and the lives of others into MY hands!?

He must sure have a lot of faith in me.

"Whatever you want." I said with a smile before capturing his lips.

****
As I stood infront of the mirror , I couldn't keep my eyes off of the most breathtaking piece of clothing I've ever had the pleasure to wear. I couldn't believe this was mine.

"This dress is beautiful!" I gushed while Marco helped me zip the back of the dress. It was even more gorgeous than the one I wore to Lucas' ceremony . I've said it before and I'm going to say it again ; Marco has impeccable taste.

"Only the best for my queen." He said placing a kiss to the back of my neck while I turned around facing him. The material felt so soft against my skin and it complemented every inch of me perfectly, almost like it was hand made for me. It felt like I was wearing a cloud !

"You look very handsome. " I said adoringly -turning back around -while tugging on his suit jacket.

"Well , I have to match up to all of this beauty." He said spinning me around while my dress spun making me smile even brighter.

"I REALLY love you Marco. I hope you know that. "

"Know that ? Alice I believe it. But just so you know , I'm the lucky one. You're gorgeous, intelligent, strong , brave , not to mention an AMAZING mother. What did I ever do to deserve you ?"

"You loved me for me." I said with a smile. "Now come on , don't wanna be late for my own party !" I said while he interlocked our hands opening the door for me. As we walked down the stairs everything went into slow motion as eyes fell on us. I could see Tom , Frankie and Dom each with a baby at the foot of the stairs while Marco lead me up to the very stage Lucas was initiated not so long ago.  And true to his word , this ceremony was far more extravagant. Balloons and lights draped down the walls , tables of delicious food -  that I would soon indulge in -  silk drapings along the stage and the most beautiful flowers by the bunches ! He really went all out on this , which made me more nervous of the expectations I'll have to uphold.

I watched as Marco first got up on stage before he stretched his hand out to me -helping me up- as we stood together while he addressed everyone.

"Today is a very special day not only for me and you , but for the future of all of us. " He started while everyone started cheering for no reason. I guess this was a way bigger deal than I thought it was. "It is my honour and my pleasure to now officially - and finally - " he paused making everyone quietly laugh " welcome Alice Romano into the Scorpions. It's been long over due and I think after this week's events you all can agree that this wasn't a decision I made lightly. You all saw the person she's become and the value she adds to each and every one of us. It would be an injustice to deprive her of this family. " And then he turned towards me doing something he didn't do with Lucas - so I guess it was more a leader type of thing -  " repeat after me . I , Alice Romano solemnly swear my allegiance to the Scorpions. That I will be loyal and uphold everything we stand for which is honour, courage, strength and family. That I will rise above when needed the most and always put my own needs aside for the safety and well being of our family. Salute !  "

I then took his hand repeating everything word for word. And when I ended with - what I now realize must've been an Italian thing - everyone raised their glasses to me before Marco gestured me over to the large chair. A chair that will now be kept in my nightmares. I was fine watching other people with needles and handling them , just not on my self.

"Take a breath. I got you ." Marco whispered to me while I turned around taking a deep breath before feeling the pinch of the needle on the back of my shoulder. I tried my best to keep my thoughts occupied with watching the boys or thinking about something else but I knew everyone was watching me so I needed to be the fearless leader I just swore I would be. I opened my eyes as I heard everyone cheering like crazy before Marco came closer again and said ; "I'm done." I blew out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding before facing the cheering crowd. Even Marco was clapping for me. I felt so loved and appreciated in that moment and as much fear I felt just two seconds ago , I was glad I got through it. I might've lost my real family but my new family was pretty great too.

"This place is stunning ! You really did a great job" I said in admiration, linking my arm with his.

"Did you ever doubt me ?"

"Well ..." I trailed off with a smile .

" how dare you ?" He said acting  offended while we both laughed walking over to the boys.

"You don't mind babysitting? Do you?" I said teasingly watching Frankie's mouth practically drop to the floor.

"Thanks. We owe you one." Marco said spiteful, taking me by the hand and dragging me away before I could tell them it was a joke.

"Where are we going ?" I said through a laugh while he dragged be out to the deck.

"We're going to dance." He said right before music started to play . He held me close to him - while I rested my head on his shoulder - as we swayed to the music. This couldn't have been a better ending to a perfect ceremony. 

"Do you know why I chose you ?" Marco said close to my ear while we continued to dance underneath the stars.

"No. Why ?"

"Because when I saw you , you were not only the most gorgeous girl I've ever layed eyes on but you were also kind , and had a soft , loving spirit. I could tell you carried yourself with dignity , grace and confidence , that you had a lot of self respect . That typewriter told me you must be intelligent and just breathed  knowledge.  I could also see that you were a gentle soul and didn't always want to be seen,  so that told me you were shy and withdrawn when you were on your own. "

"Okay ... but that doesn't explain why you choose me ?" I said lifting my head as we locked eyes.

"Those were all the qualities I was lacking. You , complete me Alice. " he said so poetic that I didn't have any words to say back to him. I've never completed anyone before nevermind been told that I did. So I did the only thing I was good at , I leaned up and passionately placed a longing kiss to his lips.

"And you complete me."

That's it ! What are your thoughts? Is Marco as sweet as sugar yet ? Let me know in the comment section below. Thank you so much for reading. Until next time keep howling my wolves ❤🐺