Chapter 41 Turn of events

I swear my heart stopped by those three words. It was like the air couldn't properly make their way towards my heaving lungs. My head started spinning as I tried so hard to keep from collapsing but all I could think about was Marco, snapping me back to reality. 

"Where is he ?" I asked running down the stairs while I saw a bunch of his men gathered around him lying on the floor in a pool of his own blood. It looked like a scene right out of a murder movie. I wanted to freak out and cry or lash out at them for letting this happen in the first place , but I had no time for this right now.

Kneeling beside him I press my head to his chest hearing his shallow breathes before examining the injuries.

"We tried to keep him from going in but he wouldn't listen to us. He said that he was doing this with or without our help. " Frankie started explaining as I noticed they seemed to looked better off than he did.

"It was a blood bath. And just when we thought we were good , they ambushed us with a drive by and shot Marco right in the chest before driving off. " he clarified as I struggled to find the source of where the heavy bleeding was coming from. He had multiple shot wounds and I had no idea what I was doing , but I also knew these guys were all watching their leader bleed out on the living room floor. They needed someone to step up. And I guess Marco knew I would be that person , that's why he gave Lucas the pin above anyone else .

"Okay. You two carry him to the deck outside and apply pressure to that wound. I need towls , hot water and some bandages. Tom , get your doctor to get here asap , Dom and Frankie I need you to watch the kids. " I said getting up while they all watched me as if I was insane or something.

"Go ! Go ! Go !" I said clapping my hands together while they all ran to follow my orders.

I started by removing his jacket and shirt so I could get a better look at his wounds while I started cleaning. I watched as he looked at me disoriented - being a good sign- as he was not dead , but he was also very in and out of consciousness from the blood loss which was why I knew a more professional approach needed to be taken.

"You're okay baby, I got you." I said while I watched him roll his head to the side again. This was the most scared I've ever been but I guess the adrenaline kept me going without shedding a tear.
Pulling the bandage tight around the smaller wounds I hear the doctor running in as everyone made way for him.

"What do we have here ?" He said kneeling beside Marco's body.

"He's in and out of consciousness from the blood loss . Multiple shot wounds but I can't seem to figure out the one that's causing all of this." I said switching sides to be out of his way.

"You did a great job Alice. I have it from here." He said while I placed Marco's head unto my lap , rubbing his cheek with my thumb as worry now started to settle into me.

What if I was too late ? Or he never wakes up ? What if our son's would never get to know their father? Would I be able to cope ?

This was his second near death experience but atleast the last time he was well enough to walk and talk . This time , things looked a lot more worse. I looked up seeing his men all gathered around us probably just as worried and freaked out as I was. They all seemed to care about Marco's well being leading me to believe that they really were a family around here and not just a bunch of randoms thrown together to commit crime.

I waved Tom over from the group as he kneeled beside me while I spoke.
"I need you to take care of the rest of them. If they're injured I'll help them but I don't think it's good for them to stand around in those clothes here. If they want to stay for him that's fine with me , but they atleast have to clean up first. Please Tom, I don't want this to become any worse than it already is." I explained while he understood what I meant and they all followed him inside.

"Do you know his blood type?" The doctor asked snapping me back to reality.

"Uh, I think we have the same why ?"

"He's losing too much. We need to do a transfusion right here." He said so calm while he took the supplies out.

"Here ? Is that even safe?" I asked while he looked up at me saying;

"Is anything about this situation safe ?" He didn't need to say more to convince me. If I could save Marco's life by giving him some of my blood , I was going to do it whether or not I was scared of needles or not.

By the time they all came back cleaned up , the doctor was just about done stitching Marco up as I removed the painful needle from my arm.

"Is he going to be okay ?" I asked , getting up from the ground slowly.

"Thanks to you. You know , you've got a great gift here Alice. I think you would be a great asset to this place if you trained under me. Just , think about it okay. " he said with an ageing smile . "He'll be unconscious for a few more hours but that's normal considering the blood loss. Just get him to rest for a while. " He said packing his bag up.

"You saved his life today Alice. You should be real proud of yourself . "

As he left I had them carry Marco back to our room while I cleaned him up again and dressed him in fresh clothes. It wasn't easy considering he's a grown man with mountains as muscles so it was a task that took most of my strength and time. I was just glad I told Frankie and Dom to babysit. Cuddling up next to his side I listened to his slow and shallow breathes while all I could think about was how I so easily could've lost him today.

I don't know what I would've done if today took an uglier turn of events.

That's it ! What do you think!? Leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Thank you so much for reading. Until next time keep howling my wolves ❤🐺