Chapter 21 Normal

"You know ," Marco said , leaning over the kitchen island while I fixed dinner. "You're almost due and I think a babymoon might just be what we need ." He said with a smile while I turned around looking at him.

"A babymoon? What's that ?"

"You know, It's like a honeymoon but before you have a baby. It's like our last alone time together." He said stealing a grape from the salad.

"Sounds interesting . What do you have in mind ?"

"I was thinking; you , me , driving down to Miami for two days. What do you say ?" He said with a smile while I knew I couldn't resist him.

"Sounds like a plan." I said with a big smile. "But what about work ?"

"Tom's got it covered . It's only for two days. And Frankie will join us if we need anything. "

"So you mean , he'll be third wheeling ?" I said , raising my eyebrow that this started seeming less appealing.

"Don't call it that babe ," he said holding me between his arms. " It's only for protection . He won't even be with us. He'll have his own room , car and stay atleast a few feet from us when we move outside. It's strictly precaution. We can still have fun." He said looking into my eyes pleading.

"Sure. I'll get packing after dinner." I said starting to carry the plates out.

"Great ! We leave tommorow!" He yelled from the kitchen.

"What !?" I said taken off gaurd , while I turned around seeing he had disappeared. He knew this was coming his way.

****
It was the crack of dawn as I packed the last of my clothes and zipped my bag up.

"You ready?" Marco asked , taking my bag down while I followed behind him.

"Given that I had less than a day to prepare? Yeah , I'm ready. " I said laughing while we saw Tom wait at the end of the stairs for us.

"Call me when you need anything. " he said while Tom nod his head respectively.

"Frankie! Let's go !" Marco yelled up the stairs as Frankie came running down with a bag , getting into the car next to ours.

"Let's go." Marco said, placing a kiss to my hand before he started the car up. The first few hours I caught up on some sleep before waking up to the rain falling on the window softly.

"Morning ." Marco said with a smile stretching his right hand out , letting it rest on my thigh as I looked over at him.

"Morning. How are you not tired ?" I asked while he turned into the Starbucks drive thru.

" One Grande Dark roast and a Grande Cinnamon Dolce. " He repeated before looking over at me.

"Do you want something to eat?"

"Uh , just a Ham and cheese Croissant please."

"Two of those." He repeated to the lady while we drove to the next window.

"Thanks." I said while he handed me my drink.

"No problem. You know , we should use this opportunity to get to know eachother more. On a personal level I mean ." He said while we pulled unto the road again.

"I guess so... what do you wanna know?" I asked , sipping on my drink.

"Anything. Start at the beginning. Your parents. What are they like?" He asked while I grew quiet. It wasn't his fault. He didn't know about my past. And now was as good as any time to tell him.