Chapter 40 Full

This was sure a more painful and difficult recovery of the two pregnancies. I couldn't do anything without it feeling like my insides were falling out. I was just so happy when I passed the mark of my stitches being removed and then the 10 week mark that meant I was somewhat more back to my old self. The first time Dante met his brother's was definitely a time to remember. I could tell he couldn't quite understand what was going on , he thought they were just his friends for the first few days but after he realised they were here to stay he warmed up to them a little more. And with Dante starting to teethe and two 10 week babies , I had my hands FULL.

"I'll take Mario." I said running out of the bathroom -clasping the towl around my body - while Marco and I each picked up a crying baby swaying them.

"It's okay," I said more to myself than meaning to say it in attempt to calm their hungry cries.

"Here." Marco said , handing me a bottle while we both fed one. After the first two weeks I realized it was an impossible task to breastfeed them at the exact same time. The one always ended up squirming and making the other unlatch so it was much either to pump and feed them than trying to be supermom and do it all. Besides, I had another 1 year old next door that also needed my love and attention so it was no use draining my energy in trying to relive the newborn stage like I did with Dante.

"It's getting easier , right?" I said while Marco and I each burped a baby.

"Sure. We're killing this parenting thing." He said trying to ease my mind.

"You're not just saying that are you ?" I asked while I placed Mario back down and getting back to dressing myself.

"Of course not. We're doing just fine." He said placing a kiss to my head, going back to the bathroom to finish his morning routine.

After pulling on some jeans and a T-shirt , I made my way across the hall to wake Dante for his morning snuggles. Opening the door I see him looking up at me wide eyed with a goofy smile , reminding me so much of Marco.

"Goodmorning. " I said softly, picking him up and carrying him back to our room.

"Hey , there's my little man." Marco said coming out of the bathroom while he took Dante from me.

"I'm going to start on his breakfast. Don't take too long." I said leaving the two of the alone while I started on slicing some bananas for him to eat. Bananas and Avocado has been the two things Dante would eat at any time of the day with almost anything.

"How are you ?" Dom asked , grabbing a bowl behind me and pouring some cereal for himself.

"Me ? I've... I've been good thanks. You ?" I said uncomfortable. It's been so long since we've talked like this on a personal level and the last thing I wanted was to make him think this was okay and make Marco feel unwanted.

"Good."

"Good..." I trailed off . This must've been the single most awkward conversation we've ever had with eachother and he was the first one I told about getting my period in middle school, so that's saying a lot.

"On time as requested. " Marco said with a smile placing Dante in his high chair while Dom vanished like dust in the wind. I guess things will never be the same again. So much for best friends...

"Look , I hate to this but it's my -"

"It's your job Marco. I get it. Don't worry about us. The twins are going down for their morning nap anyway so we'll be just fine ." I eased his mind. Since having three kids , Marco has been feeling a lot more guiltier when he got called out for a job. I also didn't want to be the one that 'tied down ' the boss , so I tried to be as understanding and supportive as I could be. The last thing I wanted was for our people to think I've made Marco soft. Besides , he needed a way to escape and blow off steam anyway.

"I love you so much. " he said placing a quick peck to my lips before running out the door followed by multiple other people.

"Let's go finish this somewhere else. " I said with a trying smile while I picked Dante up along with his bowl carrying him first into the panic room , before collecting the twins from upstairs. I tried my best to keep myself busy, I mean I have three kids to do that but sometimes I couldn't help but feel alone. Marco would say I'm being silly but am I when I'm being left in a closed off room with no way of getting out for almost every second day of the week ? It sometimes felt like this has become my life. Being shoved into a room and waiting for my prince to let me out.

Some fairytale life this was.

Hearing the heavy click of the lock makes me jump to my feet while the door slid open.

"Lucas !?" I said before I even realized what I said but it was weird considering Marco was usually the one - and the only one - who knew how to get in here.

"Come on Alice. They need you." He said rushing me out to the living room.

"Who ? Where's Marco? How did you know what the code was ? I need some answers. " I said confused while he kept pushing me to go down the steps.

"Tell me. Now. Where , is my husband?" I said sternly -stopping in my tracks - while I watched his eyes bounce between mine.

"He's been shot."

That's it ! A little cliffhanger hehe. Thank you so much for reading. Remember to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Until next time keep howling my wolves 🐺❤