Chapter 24 Love

"Okay, so this is what's going to happen next. We'll provide you with safety -within our gang of course - if you give us the identity of the traitor among us."

"So that's it ? You're not going to kill me?"

"Do you want me to kill you ?"

"No . Of course not. It's just, you're being really cool about this." He said confused.

"I know. That's what I love about him. " I said with a smile standing next to Marco.

"Are you sure I can trust them Al ?" He said while I looked over at Marco with a smile.

"There's not a person I'd trust more." I said while Lucas started telling everything he knew about the guy to Marco. And after he called Tom to 'take care of him' and the guy confessed to everything, not only did Lucas earn Marco's trust but he also got to keep his life while I got my bestfriend back.

"So what now ?" He asked while we walked back up the stairs.

"We don't know who else he had as contacts so I'd advise you to keep on pretending that Lucas is dead. You'll ride back up to Georgia with us and take on that traitors spot in my gang. I think you'll fit in quite well. " Marco said while I started on dinner.

"You can trust him Lucas. Really. I do. And it's the best decision I've made." I said while pouring juice for them.

"I guess I'll have to cut all ties here then ?" He said taking the glass from me.

"I'm afraid so. You won't be able to leave the house yet since we need to uncover the rest of his people but you'll have Alice to keep company. I'm sure she'll enjoy it too. Won't you ?" Marco said with a smile.

"Of course. I've missed my bestie." I said standing next to Marco as he held me close to his side.

"I'm guessing there's a story here?" He asked with a smile while I interlaced my hands with Marco's .

"Yeah we're uh... married. " I said with a smile .

"Wow ! Congratulations!" He said trying to hug me , but I could see it was especially difficult on Marco.

"Frankie will teach you all of the ropes. Everything you'll need to know to make it here. We leave for home 5am sharp . Best get to bed." Marco said while Frankie and Lucas excused themselves while I handed Marco his plate.

"Thank you for taking him in. I know this must be hard on you and it's certainly unusual but it means a lot to me. " I said standing between his legs as he looked at me.

"I told you I'd always make you happy. And if that means having your best friend around , then so be it." He said placing a kiss to my head while the night started to wind down.

*****
Grabbing the last of my bags I see Frankie and Lucas already waiting outside.

"Morning guys. " I said with a smile while Marco loaded the car.

"Morning Alice. " both of them said while Marco shut the door.

"You need any help boss ?" Lucas asked while I watched Frankie give him a thumbs up.

"No I'm good thanks ." He said while we all got into our cars.

"It's kind of weird to hear him talk like that." I said buckling in.

"I know. But you're his friend and I'm his leader. I can't have him disrespect me , or my people will think I'm unfit to lead. So for the time being, this is how it's supposed to be." He said pulling out of the drive way.

"Of course." I said as the house began to get smaller as we drove further. Reaching my hand over , I place it on his thigh making his eyes briefly shift to my hand from the road.

"Thank you for this weekend. I really had fun." I said as he took my hand , raising it to his lips and placing a kiss to it.

"I had fun too. Now all our focus can go on preparing for that little guy." He said with a smile placing his hand on my belly as I leaned into his touch.

"Who do you think he'll look like ?"

"I don't know. But I hope he has your beautiful blue eyes. " he said looking over at me.

"And I hope he has your personality. Being loving, brave , smart and protective like you." I said with a smile as I leaned over and placed a kiss to his cheek , trying not to distract him from the road.

"I really love you Alice. " he said as I know it shouldn't have as much effect on me anymore, but it still made my heart beat at an irregular speed when he said it.

"And I love you. So , so much. And nothing and no one will ever change that. " I said , adding the last part knowing he must've been feeling a slight bit threatened by someone in my past coming into my life again. But no matter what , I was never going to love him  less. Lucas was just my friend and that's all he was ever going to be. I love Marco and I loved him very much.

****
Having enjoyed my alone time with Marco was great and all , but it was just something about being back home again that brought me even more joy.

"Welcome back." Tom said taking my bag from me as I looked over at the mess waiting on me to be cleaned up. This is what I got for thinking time away and leaving a house full of 20+ men was a good idea.

"Good to have you back boss." Tom said shaking hands with Marco as Frankie and Lucas walked in , immediately sending everyone on high alert.

"Calm down guys. " Marco said , making them all lower their weapons. "After being betrayed by Victor , I had to find a replacement for him. This is Dom. He'll be taking over all of his duties. I expect no difficulty with his transition here . Got it ? " he said making everyone nod their heads."Dismissed. "

"Dom ? Really?" I said as everyone cleared out.

"Well, I told you he had to change who he was. Besides, now his name matches his new look too." He said placing a kiss to my head before following his guys outside.

I think I'm ending it here. Thank you so much for reading. Remember to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Until next time keep howling my wolves. ❤🐺

Lucas' new look above😉