Chapter 1 BIG

I woke up to rain falling delicately outside my window and my alarm blaring loudly in my ears. Groaning , I covered my head with my pillow .

Please be a dream.

Please be a dream. 

Please be a dream.

I chanted in my head over and over again , as I forced myself up.

Sitting up,  my eyes immediately landed on the bright red bow across the room.

Nope. It wasn't a dream.

Lucas really was gone...

Riding myself of all negative thoughts - I got up , dressed and took the typewriter downstairs. Maybe I could get a few bucks for it or someone would like it ?

I place it on my car's backseat , following the familiar road down to the coffee shop Lucas and I held dear.

Getting there - feeling the flood of memories we shared here rush back all at once - I get slightly overwhelmed, and a little sad .

Pushing all of that to the back of my mind I make my way to the barista upfront , ordering. I order my favorite double hot chocolate and a plate of bubblegum macroons - his favorite order - as I took a seat at the back , next to the bookcase. Not before placing the heavy typewriter on the table next to me , starting my search for it's new owner.

The small coffee shop , smelled of freshly brewed coffee and was filled with college students , slaving away at their computers.
Everyone in here were so different and diverse , yet they all came together for the same purpose. The love of coffee .

At least most of them did.

Scanning through the crowd of people - scattered across the quaint little shop - I took in everyone , trying to see who would fit.
It turned out to be a lot harder to find someone who would like a stuffy old typewriter than I thought.

But then again , what did I expect would happen ? It's not like technology wasn't already a thing. I mean everyone around me had a laptop infront of them for crying out loud!

So who am I even kidding with this? 

Taking a bite of the macaroons , I close my eyes and just let the taste fill my mouth and the memories enter my subconscious. Multiple flashes of Lucas and I passes through between my vision; the good , the bad , the scary and the hilarious. It even brought a stray tear to my eye. I haven't cried since his ... last goodbye . I promised myself that I wouldn't let it affect me this much but what was I even thinking?  Of course it would affect me this much.

Wiping the fallen tear from my cheek,  I place the macroon back to the side , composing my brave and tough demeanour again.

Life is rough so you gotta be tough.

I have to be.

Always have been. Ever since I lost my family when I was five years old.

It's a long outstretched story for another day , but all you need to know today is that I hopped around from foster home to foster home until I was seven , when a nice family adopted me. Growing up and constantly moving from one family to another,  having to continually start my life over , taught me to be strong if you want to get anywhere in life.
When you're weak , you're an easy target . In a new school and a new family. Never be the 'fresh meat' . Be the sought after. 

So why would it change now ?

Just because I'm grown up and happy ?

Not a chance.

NEVER let you gaurd down. That's what I learned from my first foster family. And trust me when I say ; it STUCK. Don't ask why .

So that's why I am the way that I am. Sure I have a hand full of close friends but that doesn't mean that I'm disliked and can't make new friends if I wanted to. It just means that I have a hard time opening up to people and when I do , I choose the people I open up to carefully. It's a messed up system that burnt me one too many times before . I've learned the hard way that people are not always who they appear to be . And that the saying keep your enemies close is something I would have to apply in my life more than I would've thought to.

But you know the story.

New school . New kid. No friends.  Makes friends with the wrong people. Make bad decisions. Backstab. Backstab. Backstab.

That whole worn out story.

But it's okay , cause like they all say ; learn from your mistakes so you won't have to make them again . So I do . And I live by it every single day.

Blinking -I snap out of the dazed state I was in - I look over to the large vintage clock hanging on the wall reading 14:23 . How long did I get lost in my thoughts ?

Taking a sip from my - now cold hot chocolate - I confirm that I've spent quite some time consumed in my thoughts, so much that my chocolate has now been demoted from hot chocolate to cold chocolate.

Though my distant state gave me a much better idea than I originally perceived. 

If I could spend so much time in my own mind , my own world , and find it so intriguing that I could get lost in there for hours , who's to say somebody else wouldn't too ?

Feeling a jolt of inspiration - and adrenaline from my new idea - I lean over and place the heavy typewriter on my table , setting it up , ready to jot down my first thought.

But that's when it hit me.

I. Can't. Write.

So I just left.  No use spending my time over something as frivolous as this.

Though when I stepped out of the door, I can't explain why but I felt like life had something BIG coming my way next.

That's it my lovelies! This is a rough cut of my first chapter. I promise I'll fix this when I edit it again . But this is just the beginning of Alice's adventure. Don't be fooled by this silly little typewriter thing she's got going on. It's a just a facade of what's really going on * wink* *wink* BUT I hope you enjoyed it. Remember to leave a comment and a vote down below. Until next time,  keep howling my wolves ❤🐺