Chapter 14 Right

"Like right now ?" He asked through a mouthful of scone while I handed him a papertowl.

"Just answer the question. "

"Well of course . I love you Alice. But I thought you didn't want to move that fast yet ?" He said wiping his mouth.

"Yeah , I thought so too. But this week ... this week made me realize I wanted , more. Are you catching on to what I'm saying?"

"No."

"I'm saying ; I can't stand doing this whole hand holding , cheek kisses , highschool stuff. I'm 22 years old for crying out loud ! I'm done with all that. I want something real and raw. So do you want to marry me or not?" I asked , walking over to him as he stood up facing me.

"You know I do. I would right on the spot if I could. But if we're going to do this, we're going to do this right. And I'm going to ask you. Okay ?"

"Sounds good. I'll be ready by 8. " I said placing a kiss on his cheek before heading upstairs but not before hearing his laugh echo throughout the kitchen.

So what if I'm being a little premature? Taking initiative? This wasn't the 1940's anymore, a girl could take the lead just as much as I guy could and Marco knew that. He just needed a little push to realize he wanted to ask me all along.

Going through the closet of clothes Marco has bought me since I arrived here , I try to get the best dress that would compliment me perfectly. Picking at the rows of dresses , my eyes immediately land on the most beautiful light blue dress and I knew , I had to wear it. Curling my hair , I take a last look in the mirror -and at the clock - before a knock sounded on my door.

I opened the door with a smile seeing Marco in the most dashing suit I've ever seen. But I had to say, I did miss that leather jacket of his.

"Wow ! You look... BEAUTIFUL Alice." He breathed out as I'm sure I was blushing like crazy again.

"And you look very handsome." I said while he took my hand and led me outback to the garden. And there , underneath the willow tree -all made up in fairy lights- sat a gorgeous table with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. It looked like a scene from a movie, just breathtaking.

"You like it ?" He asked while he pulled my chair out for me.

"It's gorgeous. I absolutely LOVE it Marco." I said in awe , taking all the fluorescent lighting in .

"You know I loved you the moment I first saw you in that coffee shop right ?" He said , feeding me a strawberry.

"So I've heard. It was raining outside, your jacket was soaked!" I said laughing.

"True." He said while he poured the champagne. "But that was the first time you saw me. Not the first time I saw you. I saw you the day you first came to the coffee shop , with that big old typewriter looking like you could carry the world on your shoulders. "

"Oh yeah... the day after Lucas died..." I said thinking back.

"Why do you even have that? Do you have something against computers or something?" He asked with a laugh while I joined him.

"Let's just say , I like to feel the words." I said while he nod along.

"Anyway , I knew the moment I saw you that I had to have you by my side. I had to have you or I'd die." He said making my heart ache. "I knew you were perfect the moment I saw you , and I knew we were destined to be together even if you didn't know that at the time. " I didn't say a word as I watched him get up from his seat and down on one knee. And even though I knew about this and pretty much planned for all of this, still in this moment , my breath got caught in my chest as it all played out before me.

"Alice Dunhill, would you please do me the honour and marry me ? I don't want to spend another day without having you by my side ." He said while this time I cried tears of joy while I nod my head saying;

"Yes. Of course I will."

He picked me up, kissing me with so much joy and passion that it was hard to keep up. But I knew this was what I wanted and I knew it felt right the moment I said it.

"Are you happy Marco? Like really happy ?" I asked looking into his eyes while he placed me back down on my feet.

"Are you kidding me !? I don't think I've ever been more happy! And it's all thanks to you. I love you so much. " He said kissing me again while I felt him smile the whole time through the kiss. It made me happy to know that I made him this happy . And that's all I could ever really ask for.

I'm sure we're moving too fast in the eyes of others. And that our relationship will take a lot of work but when we've got eachother, I feel like I can take on the world with him.

Ironic since he almost does that everyday for a living. But I want to go as far as to say ; with him , I would go to the moon for. I didn't care if he was a plumber or a gang leader. I believe our love for eachother was strong enough to see pass all of that.

Another short to the point. I promise it'll all make sense soon. Hopefully. Thank you so much for reading. Remember to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Until next time keep howling my wolves 🐺❤