Chapter 17 I told you so

For the first time in the 5 months I've been here , waking up in Marco's arms and being called his wife , was the best feeling in the world.

"Good morning Mrs Romano." He said , putting a loose piece of hair behind my ear.

"Good morning to you too Mr Romano. " I said with a smile, laying down on his bare chest while he ran his hand through my hair. After all the excitement of yesterday, I thought sleeping in was the least everyone could let us do . It just being the two of us.

Pulling back, I looked into his eyes as my vision got blurred. "Marco, something's wrong. I don't feel good." I said while he sat up right before I threw up all the wedding food next to his bed.

"I'm so sorry !" I said ashamed , wiping the corner of my mouth.

"It's okay. Here , let me help you. " he said picking me up and placing me in the tub while he ran the water.

"I feel so embarrassed, it's our first day married and my first time in your room and I already made a mess of it." I said burying my head in my hands.

"Hey, hey , It's okay. This is our room and I'll just clean it up. You didn't make a mess of anything . It was just an accident." He said placing a kiss to my head before grabbing some towls.

"But now I feel bad ..." I said while I watched him clean my mess on the floor while I sat in the tub.

"Marco... I'll clean it. Leave it please and come sit with me." I said while I watched him get up from his crouched position .

"No need. I'm finished. But I can still join you." He said getting in behind me as I layed back on his chest again.

"What do you think that was ?" I asked while he stroked my hair again.

"I don't know. Neither one of us had anything to drink last night since we decided to stay sober , so I doubt it's a hangover." He said while I pushed the bubbles around with my hand.

"You're right. You don't think I'm pregnant do you ?" I said laughing like it was the biggest joke - or so I thought- cause he didn't join me. "What ? It's just a joke. Calm down. " I said looking at him.

"But what if it's not a joke ?" He said getting all serious.

"It is . Marco, no way anything could've happend from last night this fast." I said laughing again but he just didn't seem to get my humour in the situation.

"Do you remember when had that heart to heart in your room. And than we ... got interrupted by Frankie?" He said carefully as I just looked at him.

"No way. That's impossible. There's no way. But if it'll ease your mind I'll take the test. I'll even do it right now if it'll make you laugh with me sooner." I said with a smile as I got out and grabbed a test from the cabinet.

"You'll see that I'm right and we'll both laugh about this." I said taking it and placing it on the counter while he watched me from the tub.

"Okay." He said with a smirk as if he knew something I didn't. But there was no way. Right? I'm sure I would've known if -

"What ?" He said sitting up.

"Positive." I said dumbfounded.

"See ! I told you ! "

"There's no way. I'm taking another one." I said rummaging through the cabinet for another one while Marco appeared behind me , pulling me back.

"To prove what? Alice , you're pregnant and we both know it." He said with a smile while he held me in his hold.

"I am ?" I said , still in shock.

"You are. And I couldn't be more happy." He said , placing me back in the tub while my mind still struggled to process the new information .

"Woah..." I breathed out, suddenly getting a lot more nervous over what this meant. "I'm only 22..."

"Hey , hey ," he said , directing my gaze back to him as I struggled to focus my attention on him. "This is a good thing. So what if we're young ? We've got eachother and I promise you , I'm not going anywhere." He said placing a kiss to my head as I lied back down , hearing his heart beat at a rhythmic speed. He didn't seem stressed or worried in the least. Everything about him screamed calmness and I don't know how he managed to do that.

"Are you sure we can do this ? I mean , I don't know the first thing about raising a child and you, you're a fricking mafia leader for crying out loud !" I said getting all anxious as my breathing became shallower.

"Okay first , deep breath Alice. You're not going to get a panic attack over this. Follow me." He said while he slowly breathed in and out with me until I calmed down more. " Better ?"

"Thanks." I said pushing my damp hair to the side  while he just held me as he talked.

"I know I don't have the best track record and about kids I don't even know the first thing. But here's what I do know ; most if these guys around here, I've known my whole life. I basically raised them after picking them off of the streets that could've otherwise killed them. So of babies I don't know the first thing about nor anything about fatherhood. But what I do know is , I take care of people. It might not seem like the most above ground thing to most people but to these kids , I'm all they have. And I promise if you give me the chance to prove myself , I think I can be one heck of a good father too." He said while I listened to him , sounding so proud and passionate. There was no doubt in my mind that the two of us couldn't figure this thing out.

Lifting my head up , I connected our lips as his hands held me in place as he kissed back. Pulling back I placed my left hand on his right cheek as I stroked my thumb across his stubble,

"Let's do it." I said while I saw his eyes light up as he hugged me close to him. I never thought I would see him more happy than I did right now.

That's it ! Kind of a big change I sprung in here. But let's see how this plays out. Thank you so much for reading. Remember to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Until next time keep howling my wolves 🐺❤